Broncos Need Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Need Bodies

This trade today with the 49ers was driven by the Broncos out-n-out needs at multiple positions.

Any Bronco fan knows from the AFC Championship that our season-long weakness was our lack of a pass rush. Because of this, the Steelers have what should have been our third trophy.

Need #1) A Pass rushing DE

Any Broncos fan also knows with the recent development with Ashley Lelie and his Offseason of Discontent, that we are now left with a 36 year old Rod Smith, Charlie Adams, David Terrell, Todd DeVoe and Darius Watts. Hmmmmmm

Need #2) A Wide Receiver, preferrably two.

But wait! There are only three TE's on the roster...and one is a glorified Long-snapper...

Need #3) A Day One TE.

This is an absolute must.

The Not NO but HELL NO Club! Leonard Pope (Orson Mobley, Part II)...Dominique Byrd,
    Mercedes Lewis...yuk.

Yes: Anthony Fasano

ABSOLUTELY!! Joe Klopfenstein....he would be my personal selection with the newly aquired #37 pick...

Dude! Who Stole My Running Game?

Let's face it. Mike Anderson ran out of gas down the stretch, and Tatum Bell was....well, Tatum Bell. Consistently inconsistent. The Baltimore, Buffalo, Kansas City, Dallas, New England and Pittsburgh games were all absent of our vaunted running game.

...and don't you find it odd that the Broncos are now (somewhat) counting on Ron Dayne while if memory serves he had a grand total of ONE, yes one carry in the Playoffs? I remember distinctly wondering why he did not get a look in the second-half of the New England game, and by Pittsburgh I was screaming at Shanahan
    through my TV.

Personally, I am counting on my scotuing expertise to revive the career of Cedric Cobbs, who I scouted two years ago coming out of Arkansas and at the time had as a second round talent

Need #4) A Running Back

Fourth Rounders Apply Here:

Which one of the following would be your favorite RB projected for a fourth round
    selection? Tennessee's Gerald Riggs, Jr., New Mexico's Dontrel Moore, Georgia Tech's P.J. Daniels, Washington St.'s Jerome Harrison???

Or

Enter name here> __________

My New Day One Prediction For The Broncos:

1.) #15 DE Kamerion Wimbley, Florida St. 6'4"-250
    I still have faith...

2.) #37 WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame 6'4"-218
    Not flashy, but I think Shanahan conservatively knows what he will get from Stovall and is impressed by his resume' after working with Charlie Weiss.
    In a word: Dependable, Coachable, Accountable....and with a very low 'bust quotient'....and for those of us that clamored in last years Draft for No. Colorado's
    Vincent Jackson as the tall, Red Zone threat we needed, Stovall is probably going to be a similar, superior player, but cut from the same cloth as Jackson.

2.) #61 Anthony Fasano, Note Dame 6'4"-258
    No! Could it be two Golden Domers in one Draft??? 'Domers for me are like Huskers....the less the better....but in this case, both Stovall and Fasano
    are solid players that will come well prepared to hit the ground running in the NFL.

3.) #68 TBD....hmmmmmmmm

Gotta think about this pick fer a while...

Taa,Ta

The Mindfield Scouting Network

Originally posted by MindField

Enter name here> __________

Mike Bell?

---------
    sigpic

Comment

Another TE

OK, I'll take TE David Thomas from Texas at #68

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
        Mike Bell?

---------
        That was the first name that came to my mind. I watched him here in Tucson his entire career. Had some bad breaks, which limited his college career. Could be a steal at #4.

Bell has a nice scouting report.

-----

Comment

I think everyone should jump on the Mike Bell bandwagon now.

Comment

OK, I'll take TE David Thomas from Texas at #68
            AHHH!

What's with people wanting David Thomas in the second round?

I will think of something disgusting and do it if Thomas is taken on the FIRST DAY.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
              AHHH!

I will think of something disgusting and do it if Thomas is taken on the FIRST DAY.
              Yes Thomas is not 2nd round material
              sigpic

Comment

A 3rd

AHHH!

Ah, the #68 pick is a third round selection, and Thomas is the real deal. He will be a very nice pass catching TE in the NFL...just like Jay Novacek and Brent Jones were...he is that kind of player.

Comment

Ah, the #68 pick is a third round selection, and Thomas is the real deal. He will be a very nice pass catching TE in the NFL...just like Jay Novacek and Brent Jones were...he is that kind of player.
                  Still, the fourth overall selection in the third round...WAY TOO HIGH.

This team needs a "factor TE," and David Thomas is not it. He doesn't stretch the field and is more of a h-back anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    That was the first name that came to my mind. I watched him here in Tucson his entire career. Had some bad breaks, which limited his college career. Could be a steal at #4.

Bell has a nice scouting report.

-----
                    Yeah, the only complaint I've heard from him is that he dosen't have great speed.

This team needs a "factor TE," and David Thomas is not it. He doesn't stretch the field and is more of a h-back anyways.
                    I've seen Thomas in the second round in a few Mocks.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Can't Ignore Results

Well, Shannon Sharpe and Jeb putzier were H-Back types as well....that is just part of our Offense, which is part of the reason Thomas fits us so well..

and he is getting bigger...he measured out at 6'3 1/2"-253 at 4.72/40...
                      Not great speed, but again, Brent Jones and Jay Novecek were'nt speed demons either, but they were smart, instictive players that caught everything thrown to them, just like Thomas does.

No, he does not have blazing speed, but he knows how to find and sit down in zones, is a really smart, discliplined football player. Was Texas' 'go-to' player on third down. Was a team Captain on the National Championship team.

Texas' All-Time leading receiver for a TE at 98-1,367 and 15 TD's (13.9 per catch average).

Nolan Nawrocki/PFW's Draft Guide:

"Very good football player who could contribute fairly readily in the Pros and bring great value if he falls into the third round..."

Comment

Well, Shannon Sharpe and Jeb putzier were H-Back types as well....that is just part of our Offense, which is part of the reason Thomas fits us so well..

and he is getting bigger...he measured out at 6'3 1/2"-253 at 4.72/40...
                        Not great speed, but again, Brent Jones and Jay Novecek were'nt speed demons either, but they were smart, instictive players that caught everything thrown to them, just like Thomas does.

No, he does not have blazing speed, but he knows how to find and sit down in zones, is a really smart, discliplined football player. Was Texas' 'go-to' player on third down. Was a team Captain on the National Championship team.

Texas' All-Time leading receiver for a TE at 98-1,367 and 15 TD's (13.9 per catch average).

Nolan Nawrocki/PFW's Draft Guide:

"Very good football player who could contribute fairly readily in the Pros and bring great value if he falls into the third round..."
                        Ahhhh, heartwarming...

This team needs a starting caliber TE who is a competent blocker and receiver.

Comment

My New Day One Prediction For The Broncos:

1.) #15 DE Kamerion Wimbley, Florida St. 6'4"-250
                          I still have faith...

2.) #37 WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame 6'4"-218
                          Not flashy, but I think Shanahan conservatively knows what he will get from Stovall and is impressed by his resume' after working with Charlie Weiss.
                          In a word: Dependable, Coachable, Accountable....and with a very low 'bust quotient'....and for those of us that clamored in last years Draft for No. Colorado's
                          Vincent Jackson as the tall, Red Zone threat we needed, Stovall is probably going to be a similar, superior player, but cut from the same cloth as Jackson.

2.) #61 Anthony Fasano, Note Dame 6'4"-258
                          No! Could it be two Golden Domers in one Draft??? 'Domers for me are like Huskers....the less the better....but in this case, both Stovall and Fasano
                          are solid players that will come well prepared to hit the ground running in the NFL.

3.) #68 TBD....hmmmmmmmm
                          Like the idea.

If we get Javon, this is how it should look:
                          1. DeAngelo Williams
                          2. Mathias Kiwanuka
                          2. Anthony Fasano/Joe Klopfenstein
                          3. Defensive tackle or best player avalible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7
                            Yeah, the only complaint I've heard from him is that he dosen't have great speed.
                            Is it Mike Bell your talking about? If so, I thought he looked good at the Senior Bowl. He cuts well enough to be a Denver back, so the speed may be a secondary concern. He definitely looks like a nice physical specimen.

I've seen Thomas in the second round in a few Mocks.
                            I've seen mocks with Maurice Drew in the first. I've seen mocks with Mark Anderson as high as top 10. We saw mocks last year that had Brandon Browner going in the first round. Mocks mean squat, most of the time IMO.

Comment

Working...
                            X