• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcrobins
    replied
    My top four, and more.

My top four are these:

Assuming we cannot get into the top ten to get Bunkley or Ngata, then we trade back into the early or mid-20's and get another 2nd rounder if possible.

With that in mind we get:

1. Donte Whitner-S / He is our coverage safety that can probably contribute in the first year. Will learn alot from Lynch. I like him better in the 20's rather than @15, and we get another 2nd.

2.a. Trade to GB for J. Walker. / Would rather give them a late 2nd, but they may insist on an early 2nd.

2b. (from trade partner-will be a late 2nd) Maurice Drew-RB/ People will want to compare him to Q because of his size. I think that will be a mistake. He has top 10-15 talent, but is 3-4 inches too short.

2c. Mark Anderson-DE; or the best avail. DT. / Would be a great value here or with the previous 2nd rounder. Is a pash rusher and can develop into an all-around top DE.

For kicks, here is my further draft wish list:

3. Brandon Marshall-WR / Can be dominate in time. Has T.O. physical tools (who also was a 3rd rounder). Unfortunately, has a bit of T.O. mouth and attitude too. But is worth the risk for a 3rd.

Three #4's: Work on OL & TE depth.

5th & 6th Round: Jeremy Bloom if he is still there, and pick a guy that is high risk, high return type(like Bloom).

Leave a comment:

• youngbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
    Moss isn't even the primary returner from the U it is Devin Hester, who by the way has been forgotten but i think would be a great pick. He is a versatile player at SP. Teams (of course) very athletic and glimpses talent on Defense. and has big potential on the offensive side of the ball.

My draft
    1. Ngata/Bunkley/Williams (in that order)
    2. Mathis Kiwanuka (I hope he does fall this far)
    3. Devin Hester/Montavius Stanley/Joel Klopfenstein
    4. Devin Hester/ Anthony Fassano/Montavius Stanley/Rod Wright

i know he wasn't the primary return man at miami but who would have been hester is just that good

Leave a comment:

• dare2bme
    replied
    Trade down

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
    Moss isn't even the primary returner from the U it is Devin Hester, who by the way has been forgotten but i think would be a great pick. He is a versatile player at SP. Teams (of course) very athletic and glimpses talent on Defense. and has big potential on the offensive side of the ball.

My draft
    We would be better suited by trading down for an extra late 2nd or early third round pick.

then
    1. Kiwi/Hali
    2. Mercedes Lewis
    3. Maurice Drew
    4. Darren Colledge/ Fred Matua
    5. Marshall

Listed 5 to show the extra pick we get from trading down in the first...

Leave a comment:

• Dub-DeuceKnight
    replied
    Originally posted by youngbronco
    ....and if all else fails he'll return kicks

My draft

Leave a comment:

• ElwaystillKing
    replied
    I don't know about trading back that far. I wish the Broncos would have kept that #22. That is a perfect spot to draft him.

I don't see him lasting beyond the Panthers...either the Panthers or Jacksonville will draft Maroney if the Broncos don't get him at 15.

I really think the Broncos are looking at the other running backs like Washington, Addai, and maybe even Maurice.

A balanced back for depth is really all they need this year.

I don't know who will go at #15, but if it's not Chad Jackson, I hope the Cowboys pick up him for added insurance just in case T.O. needs to take a timeout to think about his bad behavior!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBuckeye
    replied
    15) DeAneglo Williams RB, Memphis
    37) John McCargo DT, NC State
    61) Brandon Williams WR, UCF
    68) Jeremy Bloom WR, Colorado

Leave a comment:

• TXBroncosFan77
    replied
    too soon for maroney can trade down and still pick him up at around 25. After the broncos only patriots and panthers are in real need of a RB. And Pats need LB more than RB atm.

Leave a comment:

• deezan777
    replied
    Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    15 - Laurence Maroney - RB - very similar to Clinton Portis
    37 - Sinorice Moss - WR - Burner that is getting better can help with returns
    61 - Jonathan Lewis - DT - Fast penetrating DT that is often double teamed
    68 - Dominique Byrd - TE overshadowed by Bush, Jarret etc. showed his talent at Sr. Bowl

I think your draft actually is possible. Im worried moss will get picked right before thirty seven though.

Leave a comment:

• youngbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    Jake has issues hitting Lelie at times. No way we draft a reciever smaller than 6 foot
    thats because lelie can only go deep, Moss can catch screens,catch over the middle and still hold on to the ball after the hit, and go deep....and if all else fails he'll return kicks
    Last edited by youngbronco; 04-21-2006, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DENVER_LOYAL
    replied
    Moss is 5'9

Jake has issues hitting Lelie at times. No way we draft a reciever smaller than 6 foot

Leave a comment:

• youngbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by NBudris
    Moss will be gone

Lewis will be gone

if so then

37- lewis

61- wright

68- brandon williams (similar to moss)

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by youngbronco
    15- laurence maroney

37- sinorice moss

61- mercedez lewis

68- rod wright

Moss will be gone

Lewis will be gone

Leave a comment:

• youngbronco
    replied
    15- laurence maroney

37- sinorice moss

61- mercedez lewis

68- rod wright

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    15 - Laurence Maroney - RB - very similar to Clinton Portis
    Without the 4.25 speed of course. Oh and there is that injury concern that everyone fears with Maroney. Oh and Portis was considered very small coming out of college which is why he slipped to the second round.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    My picks will be

15 - Whitner - Saftey (or williams or Huff if drop... you never know)
    37 - Hali/Kiwi/Lawson - DE (who ever drops)
    61 - Dominique Byrd or Joe Klopfenstein - TE (who ever drops)
    68 - Derek Hagan or Marshall (havnt made my mind up here yet)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X