Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Look at Marshall from Central FLorida??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Look at Marshall from Central FLorida??

4. Brandon Marshall, Central Florida Golden Knights – 6’4” 230 lbs.

Brandon Marshall is a huge wide receiver with a physical style that translates perfectly to the NFL. He’s a natural hands catcher, and his size makes him tough to bring down after the catch. Marshall knows exactly how to use his strength and size to his advantage, absolutely mauling smaller defenders at the line in press coverage. His burst off the line and acceleration out of his breaks is better than you would expect for such a large receiver. His experience as a starting safety gives him a good perspective on breaking down defenses and only enhances the physicality of his game.

Negatives

Marshall is raw at wide receiver because he spent a good part of 2004 on defense. He also played a lower level of competition in the Conference USA, and he may not have such an easy time out-muscling NFL defensive backs. His physical style may draw more offensive pass interference calls in the pros. Marshall also lacks elite timed speed (4.55), but this is not as big a weakness as expected.

Numbers Game

11/210/3 – His 2005 Hawaii bowl performance vs. Nevada really put him on the radar of most draftniks.

NFL Comparison
    Terrell Owens

Summary

Brandon Marshall’s size and physical style of play is perfect for the NFL. He is a big time sleeper whose stock has only been rising over the past two months. He dominated the Hula Bowl all star game and was the talk of the practices, earning a combine invite in the process. He’s right there with Chad Jackson in terms of long term upside as a true #1 wide receiver.

Originally posted by dublj110
    4. Brandon Marshall, Central Florida Golden Knights – 6’4” 230 lbs.

Brandon Marshall is a huge wide receiver with a physical style that translates perfectly to the NFL. He’s a natural hands catcher, and his size makes him tough to bring down after the catch. Marshall knows exactly how to use his strength and size to his advantage, absolutely mauling smaller defenders at the line in press coverage. His burst off the line and acceleration out of his breaks is better than you would expect for such a large receiver. His experience as a starting safety gives him a good perspective on breaking down defenses and only enhances the physicality of his game.

Negatives

Marshall is raw at wide receiver because he spent a good part of 2004 on defense. He also played a lower level of competition in the Conference USA, and he may not have such an easy time out-muscling NFL defensive backs. His physical style may draw more offensive pass interference calls in the pros. Marshall also lacks elite timed speed (4.55), but this is not as big a weakness as expected.

Numbers Game

11/210/3 – His 2005 Hawaii bowl performance vs. Nevada really put him on the radar of most draftniks.

NFL Comparison
    Terrell Owens

Summary

Brandon Marshall’s size and physical style of play is perfect for the NFL. He is a big time sleeper whose stock has only been rising over the past two months. He dominated the Hula Bowl all star game and was the talk of the practices, earning a combine invite in the process. He’s right there with Chad Jackson in terms of long term upside as a true #1 wide receiver.
    Dont let Tatted see this, he will go on his rave of how he is Bigg and Stong!!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
      Dont let Tatted see this, he will go on his rave of how he is Bigg and Stong!!
      Here he comes delete the thread...

Comment

I like this guy. I think he's going to be a late round drafted NFL star.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
          I like this guy. I think he's going to be a late round drafted NFL star.
          Do you think some one will take a shot at him late 2nd round earlly 3rd?

he is project mid to late 3rd right now

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
            Do you think some one will take a shot at him late 2nd round earlly 3rd?

he is project mid to late 3rd right now
            why the heck would someone spend a 2nd rounder on him? There are more provem WR's in college available in this draft in the 2nd...like Avant or Stovall.

2nd round? No.

I'd take him 3rd or 4th I guess...
            sigpic

Comment

Seen in action

I went to a few UCF games last year in which he was the talk of the town and actually met at a restaurant...He is huge. In the bowl game, he was awesome and made some clutch catches and probably would've been a higher draft pick if he'd went to a more prolific college. I'd like to see us pick him up.

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
                why the heck would someone spend a 2nd rounder on him? There are more provem WR's in college available in this draft in the 2nd...like Avant or Stovall.

2nd round? No.

I'd take him 3rd or 4th I guess...
                My guess is that he has too much upside to last until the fourth. A team that has the luxory of being patient with him until he gets used to the Pro game (like the Broncos) can probably get him with a early 3rd though.

But I agree with you, a 2nd is probably too much for a guy that hasn't played reciever all his career and is from a small school.

If we happen to get Walker, or even if we keep Lelie, I think this guy would be a good, maybe even great pickup for us because he would have no pressure to start or even be the number 3 guy (I assume D. Terrell is).
                "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

Someone will burn a second on him. He is dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by jcrobins
                    My guess is that he has too much upside to last until the fourth. A team that has the luxory of being patient with him until he gets used to the Pro game (like the Broncos) can probably get him with a early 3rd though.

But I agree with you, a 2nd is probably too much for a guy that hasn't played reciever all his career and is from a small school.

If we happen to get Walker, or even if we keep Lelie, I think this guy would be a good, maybe even great pickup for us because he would have no pressure to start or even be the number 3 guy (I assume D. Terrell is).
                    I agree.

I dont think someone will waste a 2nd on him...I think we can get him with our early 3rd rounder.
                    sigpic

Comment

I was just scoutin for a big receiver with mad skills. I am so tired of burners like Lelie that have a ton of talent but no one to get the ball to him. I like Jake but his short fall is his overall arm strength to really let one fly. I guess having the gunslinger (7) for almost 20 years you get spoiled. I think if Denver picks up a couple of good tough route WR and a HANDS TE we can be where we need to be...

Jeff

Comment

I think that this guy sounds alot like the guy that came out of northern colorado last year and was drafted by the chargers.. I forgot his name though but he was also a sleeper that everyone was talking about

Rest in peace Darrent

Comment

If ther's a WR in this draft that I really want, it's Marshall. All the potential of a first rounder, without the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerguy247
                            I think that this guy sounds alot like the guy that came out of northern colorado last year and was drafted by the chargers.. I forgot his name though but he was also a sleeper that everyone was talking about
                            His name was Vincent Jackson. Like Marshall, he was a guy that could go anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th round depending on who you ask. Some Broncos fans where hoping we get him with our 2nd rounder or our 1st 3rd rounder. But the chargers took him in the early 2nd to end that argument.

If I remember right, he had minimal contributions to the dolts in his rookie year and they are a team that could use some wr help. He could still be a good player for them, but he needs time and development. I see something similar with Marshall.

I like Marshall, but I don't like using an early 2nd on him, especially in this draft. I would prefer to use our 3rd to get him. However, I wouldn't put my foot thru the TV if we used our late 2nd.
                            "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

Working...
                            X