• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCshay Updated Mock

15. Denver Broncos (10-6)
    Pick acquired from Falcons
    Top-five needs: WR, TE, RB, OG/OC, DT
    The pick: +Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
    The Broncos are hoping to continue to make moves on draft day. Their primary goal is to package picks and move up for TE Davis. If they can't get that deal done, they'll look to acquire more picks by trading down. But if they get stuck at No. 15, look for the Broncos to select the best wide receiver on their board. Jackson needs some polish, but his size, explosive speed and playmaking ability would be a welcomed addition to a wide receiver corps that currently is in flux. Rod Smith is running out of time, and Ashley Lelie has proven to be too unreliable as a full-time starter. Jackson could contribute as a No. 3 immediately while being groomed as the primary target for the future.

37. Denver Broncos (from San Francisco)
    Joseph Addai | RB | LSU

61. Denver Broncos
    Joe Klopfenstein | TE | Colorado

68. Denver (from San Francisco)
    Daniel Bullocks | DS | Nebraska

119. Denver Broncos (from Washington)
    LeKevin Smith | DT | Nebraska

126. Denver Broncos
    Michael Robinson | WR | Penn State

130. Denver Broncos (Compensatory Selection)
    Rashad Butler | OT | Miami-Fla.

161. Denver Broncos
    D.J. Shockley | QB | Georgia

198. Denver Broncos
    Dwayne Slay | DS | Texas Tech

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2412607

People seem to think that we are going to go VERY Heavy Offense.
    http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

i actually like that could be a lil better tho
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

That would be SICK...

Every pick is SOLID value except the Robinson and Shockley picks. I'd rather see a legit QB prospect over Robinson, and maybe a returner instead of Shockley.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
        That would be SICK...

Every pick is SOLID value except the Robinson and Shockley picks. I'd rather see a legit QB prospect over Robinson, and maybe a returner instead of Shockley.
        What about keeping the Shockley pick and just picking a returner instead of Robinson?

Comment

I would be ok with this draft, but if we snag Javon I dont think we need Jackson in the 1st. I actually like Michael Robinson quite a bit, if he is there in the 5th or later I think we should go for him. Draft him as an athlete with great leadership potential, and just see where he ends up fitting in. Could play Safety or Receiver for us. I would like to see us draft a backup QB, I was leaning towards McNeal but maybe Robinson or Shockley could do it.

My problem with this mock is that it doesnt address the need at DE, and unless we use Jackson or Addai we still dont have a KR/PR. Also, if we draft Bullocks I dont know that we need Slay. Maybe Dumerville is there with that pick.

Comment

The first two picks aren't bad and Slay would be good value late. DJ Shcokley will be at LEAST a good backup. That kid is underrated. Not real thrilled with Joe Klopfenstein. Never heard of him before this year's draft and had a catch or two in the Senior Bowl and one for a touchdown. I wouldn't pick him higher than third. Decent, but would rather have something else.
            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

I do not have Insider. Could one of you that does post the whole article for me. Want to see if I can complain or agree with the Browns pick. But overall I'd like to see the whole draft so that we can all see how realistic it is.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

This is the best draft I have seen yet. But I would take Vick for the QB even though if they do these boards will overflow with trash talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                  What about keeping the Shockley pick and just picking a returner instead of Robinson?
                  I dunno, I'm really impartial on Shockley as I haven't seen much good or bad. I have watched a few of his games, but nothing in depth.

Maybe Robinson could be that returner? I dunno. I'd love it if Devin Hester, Jeremy Bloom, Skyler Green, or Cory Rodgers was on our day two target list. All of them are capable returners with elite open field ability.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                    I dunno, I'm really impartial on Shockley as I haven't seen much good or bad. I have watched a few of his games, but nothing in depth.

Maybe Robinson could be that returner? I dunno. I'd love it if Devin Hester, Jeremy Bloom, Skyler Green, or Cory Rodgers was on our day two target list. All of them are capable returners with elite open field ability.
                    I think it would be a very good idea and pick on the Broncos part to get Jeremy Bloom. On the first ESPN NFL Draft Special today Kiper said he really liked Bloom's receiving skills and thinks he could make a good #3 or #4 WR. The only problem might be is that Pittsburgh is looking at him with their 3rd rd pick, so in order to guarantee getting him we would have to get him with #68.

What do ya think about that? Would it be too much of a reach or a good pick?
                    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                      I think it would be a very good idea and pick on the Broncos part to get Jeremy Bloom. On the first ESPN NFL Draft Special today Kiper said he really liked Bloom's receiving skills and thinks he could make a good #3 or #4 WR. The only problem might be is that Pittsburgh is looking at him with their 3rd rd pick, so in order to guarantee getting him we would have to get him with #68.

What do ya think about that? Would it be too much of a reach or a good pick?
                      Ohhh man, I don't know. Depends on who's on the board IMO. If there's someone like Charles Spencer (OG, Pitt) or Claude Wroten (DT, LSU) available, I'd be a little steamed if they took Bloom over one of those guys. Nothing against Bloom, but there's more than one top returner/#3 or 4 receiver in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                        I do not have Insider. Could one of you that does post the whole article for me. Want to see if I can complain or agree with the Browns pick. But overall I'd like to see the whole draft so that we can all see how realistic it is.
                        12. Cleveland Browns (6-10)
                        Top-five needs: DE, OLB, WR, NT, DC
                        The pick: Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB, Florida State
                        The Browns have been one of the most active teams in free agency this year, but they still have a number of holes to fill. After spending two of their three Day 1 picks last year on the offensive side of the ball, general manager Phil Savage knows he needs to give more attention to coach Romeo Crennel's defense. The Browns signed a couple of good fits for the 3-4 scheme, but OLB Willie McGinest and NT Ted Washington are aging and won't be around for long. If Ngata is still on the board, he would be an even better value as Washington's future replacement. In this case, though, Wimbley is the right selection. A former defensive end at Florida State, Wimbley is an ideal fit as a rush-linebacker in the Browns' 3-4 alignment. He could immediately upgrade the team's pass rush as a situational player early in his career before eventually taking over for McGinest as the full-time starter.

43. Cleveland Browns
                        Sinorice Moss | WR | Miami

78. Cleveland Browns
                        Montavious Stanley | DT | Louisville

110. Cleveland Browns
                        Ryan O'Callaghan | OT | Cal

145. Cleveland Browns
                        Barry Cofield | DT | Northwestern

152. Cleveland Browns (from New England)
                        Reggie McNeal | QB | Texas A&M

180. Cleveland Browns
                        Dion Byrum | DC | Ohio

222. Cleveland Browns
                        DeArrius Howard | RB | Arkansas

Comment

Offense wins games,

DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Comment

Thanks for posting the Browns picks. Wish I knew who they passed over though. That would be an absolutely horrible draft. I do not like Wimbley. I like Bunkley if it has to be a DE. I am sick and tired of Miami players. Butch Davis isn't the coach anymore so I hope to not see another Miami player for another 10 years.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Looks beautiful
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X