Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF we get javon walker, what do we do with #15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF we get javon walker, what do we do with #15?

obviously this is still very hypothetical at this point, but WTH, we've got one more week to speculate about the draft before it actually goes down. . . . so i've got two questions based upon the assumption that we do indeed acquire javon walker, and trade ashley lelie. . . .

what position would you WANT to see us target at #15?

what position do you think we WILL target at #15?

remember folks, they aren't neccesarily the same!

quarterback
    1.18%
    running back
    44.71%
    wide reciever
    15.29%
    tight end
    2.35%
    offensive line
    1.18%
    defensive end
    12.94%
    defensive tackle
    15.29%
    linebacker
    0.00%
    cornerback
    0.00%
    safety
    7.06%

The poll is expired.

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Originally posted by dogfish
    obviously this is still very hypothetical at this point, but WTH, we've got one more week to speculate about the draft before it actually goes down. . . . so i've got two questions based upon the assumption that we do indeed acquire javon walker, and trade ashley lelie. . . .

Well that's really the million dollar question isn't it. I almost feel more comfortable with taking a reciever at 15 (considering the value at this spot) if we were to get walker. I guess I've just been uncomfortable with pinning our hopes for an improved passing game on a rookie. But walker, Jackson/Holmes and Rod? That'd be alright with me.

Then we could trade Lelie and a pick or two, move up and select guys higher on our board. I really do think Denver has more picks than they will actually use. There aren't enough spots on the team for all these picks.

BUT, what they should probably do is take a DE or a safety. They are so close to having a dominate defense.
    Last edited by deezan777; 04-20-2006, 10:47 PM.

Comment

haha, mtnman, i put the QB option in there specifically for you-- didn't take you long to find it!

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I'd still like to see the Broncos trade back in the first round for another second round pick. Then we could use the pick on a defensive end.

I am thinking it's not likely, but I'd like to move back to 24 or 25 and to pick up 55 or 56 to go along with it.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Shanny will probably trade it away, because if we get Walker, he'll probably pay him more than he's worth, and more than we can afford.
          sigpic

Comment

haha, mtnman, i put the QB option in there specifically for you-- didn't take you long to find it!

Thanks, Dog!!

It was so considerate of you to think of me...
            sigpic

Comment

I am VERY split between receiver and running back.

My case for receiver is simple, and you all know what it is. Regardless of a potential Javon Walker trade, I still think we need to beef up that position. Rod can't play forever, and our depth is...unspectacular. I mean, we had Triandos Luke as the third receiver in '04, and Charlie Adams this year.

I strongly believe that Jackson has the potential to be exactly what Walker is now, and that is a all-around threat who can produce in a West Coast system as well as producing as a deepthreat when the occasion calls for it. I had a great convo with daniel80111 today over Jackson's attributes. We came to the conclusion that Jackson has all the tools, and if he can develop that TO-like mental edge he'd be a perenial Pro Bowler. I feel like, in MOST cases, the only thing that stops an elite talent is injury or mental "weakness." If they have the confidence and belief in their abilities then there's nothing stopping them from success. There's also Santonio Holmes...

At RB, I feel the best option is either DeAngelo Williams or LenDale White. I like Maroney as well, but for some reason he just doesn't do it as much for me. I liken DeAngelo to LT in both stature, workhorse ability, and production-potential. I like LenDale because he's a unique talent with plus size and very quick feet. I'd love to have him pounding it up the gut next year. As of right now, my favorite RB in the league is Larry Johnson, and I think LenDale could become that type of "reckless" runner who just doesn't back down.

Quite frankly, I think I'll leave the final judgement to the guys who know best. Whichever RB they choose to select will have my FULL support (even re-drafting MoClo...har har.), and for obvious reasons.

The reason I pass on other positions is that there really isn't any value at those positions where we pick. I believe that it's realistic to expect these players at 15 (who are "legit" options for us in the first):

QB:
              Jay Cutler

WR:
              Chad Jackson/Santonio Holmes (Philly may take one)
              Sinorice Moss

RB:
              DeAngelo Williams
              LenDale White
              Laurence Maroney
              Joseph Addai

TE:
              Leonard Pope
              Marcedes Lewis

OL:
              Eric Winston
              Marcus McNeill
              Nick Mangold

DL:
              Manny Lawson
              Tamba Hali
              Mathias Kiwanuka

S:
              Donte Whitner
              Jason Allen

All right...

-QB is not a first round need IMO. I like the idea of developing a Tarvaris Jackson or Omar Jacobs. I would feel a serious let-down if we traded up for Cutler.

-WR is a need as of right now, and I still think it's a need even with Javon.

-RB is a need as of right now, as I don't like how Tatum has developed and I don't see relying on Ron Dayne as the ideal/longterm scenario.

-TE is a need, but definitely not a first round need IMO. As much as it hurts, I don't think that a rookie would supplant Stephen Alexander as the "no. 1" because of Alexander's "blocking." Don't really know about this situation and it's difficult to decipher.

-OL...Heck no!

-DL is an option only after another trade down IMO. There's a serious lack of value at 15 for any of those players. And besides, we've got our DE rotation basically set IMO. I really don't see Shanny upsetting that...

-S...maybe. Doesn't really appeal to me though. We can get our type of safety later in the draft (Roman Harper, Anthony Smith, Bernard Pollard).

That is why I think WR and RB are the only possible picks at 15, and why I think we can expect a heavy offensive draft on draft day.

Comment

Either Bunkley is available at #15 (not very likely, but allow me to cling to that hope ) or we SHOULD trade down from #15. If a 2nd rd. pick gets traded for Walker, trading Lelie and #15 to move down a few spots , adding a 2nd rd. pick (plus a possible 2007 pick) in the process, would be my preference. It would be great to keep 2 2nd rd. picks with the depth at DT and TE that will be available in the 2nd rd. As Dean suggested, there are many possibilities to consider in moving up the draft board in the 2nd through 4th rds...... OR..... moving up in the 1st rd. to get Ngata, Bunkley or Huff.

If Bunkley is gone, I'm OK with a RB, S or WR in the 1st rd., but a solid player from any of those positions would be available at #19 or 20, for example.

Trading this year's 5th rd. pick for a 4th rd. pick (replacing the one traded to Atlanta) would be a good move.

Quick hypothetical roster makeup:
                QB-3 WR-6 TE-4 TB-3 FB-2 OL-9 DL-9 LB-6 DB-9 K-2 (possibly adding a DB and subtracting an OL or DL).

If we keep 7 picks in the 1st 2 rounds, QB, WR, TE, TB, OL, DL, and S could be targeted with those picks.
                Last edited by keithbishop; 04-20-2006, 11:28 PM.
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

[QUOTE=WABronco]
                  I am VERY split between receiver and running back.

QB:
                  Jay Cutler

WR:
                  Chad Jackson/Santonio Holmes (Philly may take one)
                  Sinorice Moss

RB:
                  DeAngelo Williams
                  LenDale White
                  Laurence Maroney
                  Joseph Addai

TE:
                  Leonard Pope
                  Marcedes Lewis

OL:
                  Eric Winston
                  Marcus McNeill
                  Nick Mangold

DL:
                  Manny Lawson
                  Tamba Hali
                  Mathias Kiwanuka

S:
                  Donte Whitner
                  Jason Allen

All right...

QUOTE]
                  dog, you didnt say what we gave up for walker. i assumed 37.

i think you have to put gabe watson on your list. i think he has to be considered at 15.

he consistantly gets a 1st round grade. the questions about him are regarding his drive, not his talent. he might not be optimal value, but he is the best player available at our biggest need. i dont think any other position improves us as much as an upgrade at DT improves us.

maybe TE or S, but i think duke has shown enough that it is a waste to use 15 on a TE in this draft. 61 or 68 can get us a decent TE. i wouldnt mind safety, if it was someone with great range. but i dont think coyer is going to start a rookie in front of ferguson. again, might make more sense at a later pick, but i could live with it.

if not watson at 15, it would come down to who was the best DT at 61. if shanny thinks watsons appreciatively better than who will be available here, i dont mind a mini reach at all.

as for wide reciever, i just dont see why you would want walker and a 1st rounder this year. i can see walker, but not both.

rod should have at least 2 more years. that means you would be using a 1st rounder this year on a player who wont start for at least 2 years. we are way too close being a superbowl contender to be using 1st rounders with 2009 in mind.

the same principal applies to rb. while one of the backs could come in and improve our running game, the improvement is going to be marginal. we already have a great running game. i dont get why, after what dayne did show last year, so many people doubt that he can equal what droughs did. so even if the rookie does improve our rushing game from last year. so we go from #2 to #1. yippeee.

meanwhile we are still ranked dead last in sacks because we are starting myers. even if we trade 37 for walker, im still all for using the 61 to move up for a shot at bunkley or ngata.
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I JUST WANT BRANDON MARSHALL!!!!!!!!!THATS ALL I NO

Comment

This poll really needs a trade up/trade down option. I think we have proven to be a team that isnt afraid to mix it up by trading picks. The FO has to know #15 has limited options for us. The only 2 positions that wont be a reach at 15, are RB and WR. I could see Deangelo being worthy of 15, and Chad/Santonio unfortunately are pegged around that part of the board. Neither of those options excites me. I am definitely against JAckson/Holmes, so if I had to choose, I would go with Deangelo. But that isnt the biggest need on this team. I woudl much rather prefer to take our low #3 and our #15, package them and move up right in front of cleveland. Then one of the DT's shoudl be available, either Ngata or Bunkley.

If this is a have to choose at 15 option, then I say go RB over WR. I dont want to reach on like Lawson at 15. Too early.

Comment

I say move up enough to get Ngata or Bunkley.
                        The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by deezan777
                          Well that's really the million dollar question isn't it. I almost feel more comfortable with taking a reciever at 15 (considering the value at this spot) if we were to get walker. I guess I've just been uncomfortable with pinning our hopes for an improved passing game on a rookie. But walker, Jackson/Holmes and Rod? That'd be alright with me.

Then we could trade Lelie and a pick or two, move up and select guys higher on our board. I really do think Denver has more picks than they will actually use. There aren't enough spots on the team for all these picks.

BUT, what they should probably do is take a DE or a safety. They are so close to having a dominate defense.
                          Yeah buddy i agree we get a DE or TE and we are good, probably a safety too just in case?

Comment

Originally posted by ydave77
                            This poll really needs a trade up/trade down option. I think we have proven to be a team that isnt afraid to mix it up by trading picks. The FO has to know #15 has limited options for us. The only 2 positions that wont be a reach at 15, are RB and WR. I could see Deangelo being worthy of 15, and Chad/Santonio unfortunately are pegged around that part of the board. Neither of those options excites me. I am definitely against JAckson/Holmes, so if I had to choose, I would go with Deangelo. But that isnt the biggest need on this team. I woudl much rather prefer to take our low #3 and our #15, package them and move up right in front of cleveland. Then one of the DT's shoudl be available, either Ngata or Bunkley.

If this is a have to choose at 15 option, then I say go RB over WR. I dont want to reach on like Lawson at 15. Too early.
                            Nah, man we don't waste a # 1 pick on a RB we need a WR or we will be havin this conversation again next off season get me Jackson baby he is well needed.

Comment

Who!?

Originally posted by Tatted Bronco
                              I JUST WANT BRANDON MARSHALL!!!!!!!!!THATS ALL I NO
                              Man, who is this clown?

Comment

Working...
                              X