Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF we get javon walker, what do we do with #15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind Manny Lawson, Kamerion Wimbley, Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, DeAngelo Williams, or Donte Whitner. These would be the best value picks at that spot. I like them all, and though I'd prefer a DE, I'm still expecting WR or RB to be the pick. Just not LenDale, please.
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
      Either Bunkley is available at #15 (not very likely, but allow me to cling to that hope ) or we SHOULD trade down from #15. If a 2nd rd. pick gets traded for Walker, trading Lelie and #15 to move down a few spots , adding a 2nd rd. pick (plus a possible 2007 pick) in the process, would be my preference. It would be great to keep 2 2nd rd. picks with the depth at DT and TE that will be available in the 2nd rd. As Dean suggested, there are many possibilities to consider in moving up the draft board in the 2nd through 4th rds...... OR..... moving up in the 1st rd. to get Ngata, Bunkley or Huff.

If Bunkley is gone, I'm OK with a RB, S or WR in the 1st rd., but a solid player from any of those positions would be available at #19 or 20, for example.

Trading this year's 5th rd. pick for a 4th rd. pick (replacing the one traded to Atlanta) would be a good move.

Quick hypothetical roster makeup:
      QB-3 WR-6 TE-4 TB-3 FB-2 OL-9 DL-9 LB-6 DB-9 K-2 (possibly adding a DB and subtracting an OL or DL).

If we keep 7 picks in the 1st 2 rounds, QB, WR, TE, TB, OL, DL, and S could be targeted with those picks.
      If we picked up Javon we wouldnt necessarily have to give up Lelie to trade back and pick up a later first and and a 2nd. Look at it this way: our 15 is more valuable than most teams 1st and 2nd (as both are late in the 1st and late in the 2nd)
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

rb or a de

I think that we could use the #15 pick for a rb because we don't have alot of depth and we are not sure who is going to start next year. Also i think that if we did draft a rb he would be able to compete for the starting job. Although we could use the pick for a de because of the same reason.

Rest in peace Darrent

Comment

I think if we stay there than a good coverage safety would be the best value. However I am all for moving up to get either Bunkley or Ngata. I was pretty happy with the falcons, jets, Broncos trade when it looked, at least to me, like this would be a great spot to pick up Bunkley. Now I think that he will be gone before we get to pick at #15.

Comment

yeah i could see us taking a safety at 15

Rest in peace Darrent

Comment

Originally posted by Fan in exile
              I think if we stay there than a good coverage safety would be the best value. However I am all for moving up to get either Bunkley or Ngata. I was pretty happy with the falcons, jets, Broncos trade when it looked, at least to me, like this would be a great spot to pick up Bunkley. Now I think that he will be gone before we get to pick at #15.
              I'm with you on Ngata and Bunkley. Realistically, we only have to get to the 10th pick to get one or the other. Assuming we got Walker for a 2nd, we could use Lelie as bait to move up. Maybe the Bills, they probably need a reciever now that Moulds is gone.

If that doesn't work-out, I say we trade back into the early to mid 20's and pick up another 2nd and maybe more. That coverage safety would still be there in the 20's. I have Whitner in mind. This guy's a winner.
              "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

Working...
              X