Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF we get javon walker, what do we do with #15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcrobins
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan in exile
    I think if we stay there than a good coverage safety would be the best value. However I am all for moving up to get either Bunkley or Ngata. I was pretty happy with the falcons, jets, Broncos trade when it looked, at least to me, like this would be a great spot to pick up Bunkley. Now I think that he will be gone before we get to pick at #15.
    I'm with you on Ngata and Bunkley. Realistically, we only have to get to the 10th pick to get one or the other. Assuming we got Walker for a 2nd, we could use Lelie as bait to move up. Maybe the Bills, they probably need a reciever now that Moulds is gone.

If that doesn't work-out, I say we trade back into the early to mid 20's and pick up another 2nd and maybe more. That coverage safety would still be there in the 20's. I have Whitner in mind. This guy's a winner.

Leave a comment:

• drummerguy247
    replied
    yeah i could see us taking a safety at 15

Leave a comment:

• Fan in exile
    replied
    I think if we stay there than a good coverage safety would be the best value. However I am all for moving up to get either Bunkley or Ngata. I was pretty happy with the falcons, jets, Broncos trade when it looked, at least to me, like this would be a great spot to pick up Bunkley. Now I think that he will be gone before we get to pick at #15.

Leave a comment:

• drummerguy247
    replied
    rb or a de

I think that we could use the #15 pick for a rb because we don't have alot of depth and we are not sure who is going to start next year. Also i think that if we did draft a rb he would be able to compete for the starting job. Although we could use the pick for a de because of the same reason.

Leave a comment:

• MoFo_JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by keithbishop
    Either Bunkley is available at #15 (not very likely, but allow me to cling to that hope ) or we SHOULD trade down from #15. If a 2nd rd. pick gets traded for Walker, trading Lelie and #15 to move down a few spots , adding a 2nd rd. pick (plus a possible 2007 pick) in the process, would be my preference. It would be great to keep 2 2nd rd. picks with the depth at DT and TE that will be available in the 2nd rd. As Dean suggested, there are many possibilities to consider in moving up the draft board in the 2nd through 4th rds...... OR..... moving up in the 1st rd. to get Ngata, Bunkley or Huff.

If Bunkley is gone, I'm OK with a RB, S or WR in the 1st rd., but a solid player from any of those positions would be available at #19 or 20, for example.

Trading this year's 5th rd. pick for a 4th rd. pick (replacing the one traded to Atlanta) would be a good move.

Quick hypothetical roster makeup:
    QB-3 WR-6 TE-4 TB-3 FB-2 OL-9 DL-9 LB-6 DB-9 K-2 (possibly adding a DB and subtracting an OL or DL).

If we keep 7 picks in the 1st 2 rounds, QB, WR, TE, TB, OL, DL, and S could be targeted with those picks.
    If we picked up Javon we wouldnt necessarily have to give up Lelie to trade back and pick up a later first and and a 2nd. Look at it this way: our 15 is more valuable than most teams 1st and 2nd (as both are late in the 1st and late in the 2nd)

Leave a comment:

• PsychoChicken
    replied
    I wouldn't mind Manny Lawson, Kamerion Wimbley, Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, DeAngelo Williams, or Donte Whitner. These would be the best value picks at that spot. I like them all, and though I'd prefer a DE, I'm still expecting WR or RB to be the pick. Just not LenDale, please.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    If we trade Lelie I expect pick 15 to be Maroney, and pick 35 to be Sinorice Moss who is a burner just like Lelie.
    You know what? If Shanny wants Moss, I think he should take the safe route and trade down to 25 (the NY Giants slot). He'd still be in front of Chicago and Pittsburgh, who are both threats to take Moss. NY would basically have the pick of the OLB litter at 15 as well (Ernie Sims, Chad Greenway, Bobby Carpenter, etc), so it works out for both parties.

Leave a comment:

• DURANGO BRONCO
    replied
    posted by myoung
    My current gut feel is that we will go WR in the first, even if we pick up Walker. Most likely Jackson if he is available. I do believe if Vernon Davis falls to 9 or 10 we will try to package our second rounder with #15 to move up. I don't think he will be available at that point, but if he slips I think we will move up. I also think the Lions and Cards would be happy to move down. Especially the Cards since they really need secondary help and the mid to late first round is loaded with secondary players. I think we may even be able to package the third rounder with pick #15 to move up to 10. I know that the points would favor us but I think the cards would love to move down and save some money which is a definite factor. I don't think we will move up to get anyone but Davis or Vince Young. I do think if Young happened to slip we would take him as well. I think mike is drooling over Vince Young. He has joked enough about trying to get Vince in the media that if he was there I think we would try. Even though it wouldn't make the most sense for next year. Realistically neither of those players will be available so I think we stay at 15 and take Jackson or Holmes. Now I will get really scared with our direction if both those guys are off the board. If they are both gone I hope mike picks the best player availabe and goes with DeAngelo Williams, Cutler, or the dropping DL. Because if both WRs are gone someone will be falling. I just hope we don't hear a name like Sinorice Moss or Pope at number #15. If we are going to reach a little I would rather reach for Lawson or Wimbley than Moss or Pope. But I would rather not reach and take the best player available.

A couple of years ago many thought we would take Stephen Jackson in the first round. In retrospect that would not have been a bad pick. but Shanny passed on him and took Bell in the second. I just don't see us jumping on a RB in the first. I think Mike feels he can get the running game go without a first round premium type back.

as you can tell I am still a bit up in the air as to what I believe will happen. It will be fun to find out.
    Good insight. I agree that if Vernon Davis is still on the board at 9 or 10 Shanny will do everything he can to land him. The Lions and Cards have many holes to fill, so this makes sense for them.

I am going against the grain of thought, that we won't use pick 15 on a RB assuming we keep the pick. Our last 2 RB picks have been dissapointing (Tatum slight dissapointment) and I really feel that Shanny is craving a feature back that can carry the rock 30 times a game and pick up 1,500 + yards.

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncodogPG
    Man, who is this clown?
    you are if you have never seen him play

Leave a comment:

• HORSEPOWER 56
    replied
    I would...

...Go after a DT first. It really depends on what the teams ahead of us do. If either Bunk or Ngata is still there, it's a no-brainer.

If not, look DE. Manny Lawson, Kamerion Wimbley, Matthias Kiwanuka - all if not 2/3 should be available here. I know a lot of people think Kiwi is second round material, but just because a lot of workout warriors are moving up doesn't mean Kiwi is a second rounder when he would've gone top 5 last year. If you ask me, with the exception of Super Mario, Kiwi is the best "prototype DE" in the draft.

With the acquisition of Walker, WR is NOT a first round need.

If the above options are not available, I go RB In this order - Williams, White, Maroney. I know a lot of "experts" have White falling because of his hammy and "questionable motivation", but anyone here that ever saw a USC game in the past two years knows that Reggie Bush is Reggie Bush because of Lendale White.

To sit back now and talk crap about Lendale White in the offseason after a 3 TD, 124 yd Nat'l Champ Game is just retarded. Those numbers show me he was one of the only USC players actually doing his job! Don't believe the media spin on White, just go to the tape - the game footage (pick one) tells it all.

After that I'd go TE (I still think 15 is too high for anyone other than Davis), Safety, O-line, and WR/LB only if i had no other choice.

Leave a comment:

• ManoRodriquez
    replied
    Originally posted by myoung
    I don't know that I agree with your view of the safe vs risky picks. I think it has more to do with your preference.

Most scouts would rate Maroney at least as risky if not more than Williams. Maroney, while he played for a big school, had injury concerns and alot of people question his ability to play the full season. Maroney has skills don't get me wrong, but he is not the pure runner that Williams is. Maroney is a little bigger and he is a better downhill runner. Williams is more like Cadallac from last year and if he played for Auburn instead of Memphis he would be drafted top 5 like Cadallac was.

Whites issues are not character. His hamstring is torn. The injury is real. That is not a character problem. The issue is that nobody knows how fast he is. There is no 40 time and that concerns alot of people. If he has 4.7 speed it is a real problem.

Holmes and Jackson both have the same primary concern. They disappear for big sections of games. No scouts believe that they are ready for the NFL as is. They are just too inconsistent. This is why they are mid first round vs top 10. With their size and speed they both would be drafted if they didn't disappear in games.

I would rate the safest pick on your list as DaAngelo Williams, then Maroney, then White for RBs. For WRs I think they both have bust potential. I agree that Holmes is probably less of a risk than Jackson but not much. On the other side Jackson probably has more upside potential.

But as I said before alot of this is in the eye of the beholder and I just see it a little different than you.
    Scouting report:

Maroney... in 2005 Missed one game and was limited in several others due to lingering ankle injury in 2005. Despite the injury, Maroney finished fifth nationally with an average of 133.1 rushing yards per game last season, when he rushed for 1,464 yards and 10 TD's on 281 carries. He also caught 17 passes for 170 yards and one TD.

Williams ... Durability is somewhat of a concern. He has suffered a broken foot that cost him most of his sophomore season in high school, a knee sprain that cost him two games as a freshman in 2002, a season ending MCL tear in his left knee vs. Cincinnati in 2003 and a broken leg in the 2004 GMAC Bowl. He already has a lot of mileage on his legs. He lacks ideal height. Has good but not elite speed. He has had some fumbling problems in the past and needs to better protect the football. He still has some work to do in terms of technique as a pass blocker. Limited experience in that area. Lack of height also presents some matchup problems in pass pro.

Now going from scouting reports looks to me Williams would be more risky imo ... Maroney was hurt only in his 2005 season and it wasn't like it was a MCL... even though I like both RB I would have to say Maroney is less risky
    Last edited by ManoRodriquez; 04-21-2006, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    if we straight up wlkaer, lelie. i went with running back, yeah i know i have been going on record stating d fense all year but here is why:

we get big **** lendale, keep him and dayne, draft whoever else we need in the other picks. Then we trade tate since most teams have him rated pretty high, what we could get i dont know, i am not good at figuring out other team needs and such, but maybe tatum and a 4th for the team that drafted kiwi...

that probably wont work, but something along those lines..... but if not i hate to say it but a WR, still needs help in that dept.

Leave a comment:

• 16TheSnake
    replied
    i agree with you TX bronco fan, lelie #15 and #61, for Walker and # 5- VD

Leave a comment:

• TXBroncosFan77
    replied
    Really we wont have a clue what Broncos will do until we find out if they trade for and get Javon Walker.

If its a straight up Lelie for Walker Trade then I believe we will grab DeAngelo Williams, unless Ngata drops to us.

If Broncos trade and get Walker for draft pick then I believe we will trade #15 to move down and grab Lawrence Maroney. He is not worth #15 money and will still be available around 25 or so and we can grab few extra draft picks to make up for what we loss getting Walker.

Another possibility is if we dont get Walker in a trade, Denver will have to take Chad Jackson with #15 pick.

On a side note just thot about this. If Ngata does drop passed the #10 spot, possibility that Denver packages draft picks or even #15 and Lelie to move up to grab Ngata.

Finally, my dream deal #15, Lelie, couple draft picks for Walker and #5- Draft Vernon Davis.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    myoung - Very good argument. Who do you think we will take at 15?

My current gut feel is that we will go WR in the first, even if we pick up Walker. Most likely Jackson if he is available. I do believe if Vernon Davis falls to 9 or 10 we will try to package our second rounder with #15 to move up. I don't think he will be available at that point, but if he slips I think we will move up. I also think the Lions and Cards would be happy to move down. Especially the Cards since they really need secondary help and the mid to late first round is loaded with secondary players. I think we may even be able to package the third rounder with pick #15 to move up to 10. I know that the points would favor us but I think the cards would love to move down and save some money which is a definite factor. I don't think we will move up to get anyone but Davis or Vince Young. I do think if Young happened to slip we would take him as well. I think mike is drooling over Vince Young. He has joked enough about trying to get Vince in the media that if he was there I think we would try. Even though it wouldn't make the most sense for next year. Realistically neither of those players will be available so I think we stay at 15 and take Jackson or Holmes. Now I will get really scared with our direction if both those guys are off the board. If they are both gone I hope mike picks the best player availabe and goes with DeAngelo Williams, Cutler, or the dropping DL. Because if both WRs are gone someone will be falling. I just hope we don't hear a name like Sinorice Moss or Pope at number #15. If we are going to reach a little I would rather reach for Lawson or Wimbley than Moss or Pope. But I would rather not reach and take the best player available.

A couple of years ago many thought we would take Stephen Jackson in the first round. In retrospect that would not have been a bad pick. but Shanny passed on him and took Bell in the second. I just don't see us jumping on a RB in the first. I think Mike feels he can get the running game go without a first round premium type back.

as you can tell I am still a bit up in the air as to what I believe will happen. It will be fun to find out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X