Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know what's really going to happen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deezan777
    replied
    Originally posted by dan sloan
    I'm going to give my unexpected pick as Rodrique Wright from Texas. An area of need with a player that has fallen some, but still has a high ceiling.

Interesting. I've seen him play in person and he was really impressive. Being a Sooner myself, I would like to see Dvoracek get picked as well. Might as well throw all our picks at the D-Line and hope a pass rush ensues.

Leave a comment:

• dan sloan
    replied
    I'm going to give my unexpected pick as Rodrique Wright from Texas. An area of need with a player that has fallen some, but still has a high ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by deezan777
    Oh no, Mobley was great. But had you heard of Kutztown before? That's my point!

Well, truthfully, I have. My cousin attended that school. She graduated a couple years after John did.

But, I do agree with you partially. Under all other circumstances, I probably would not have heard of the school. However, one can't exactly blame Shanny for his strategies, either. Surely talent can be found in places other than the big-name schools.

For instance - and I don't have any clue as to the answer to this - how many superstars have come out of Savannah State? (I do know of one.)

Leave a comment:

• BroncsOwnU
    replied
    Some people have predicted it, so I guess it wouldn't be that big of a surprise.... But deep down no one thinks Denver will draft a RB in the first round, because of our history with running backs.

That's why I say Deangelo Williams at 15. That would make my day.

Then you get a Sinorice Moss, Jason Avant, Derek Hagan, or Martin Nance in the 2nd round.

Leave a comment:

• deezan777
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
    Yeah you may have known Darrent was good, but did you think he was going to start?

You weren't even the least bit surprised at picking 3 CBs and Clarett? I wasn't too happy and thought it was a horrible draft, but yes I will admit he proved me wrong.

No, I didn't expect him to start that quickly. I honestly thought he was too short. But he was so tenacious at OK ST, I had a good feeling about him. And yes the other CB's surprised me, but Clarett not so much. It was a surprise he actually did it, but TD said what a good kid he seemed to be and I wasn't totally surprised, but more amazed that Shanahan pulled the trigger. I don't think he's ever done something I expect him to EXCEPT picking BVP...lol

Leave a comment:

• DenverBuckeye
    replied
    Maybe he proved YOU wrong, but I already knew Darrent Williams was a baller.

Besides, you're missing the point. I'm not complaining about all his picks, I just wonder which guy he'll pick that we haven't heard of. I'll be the first to admit when I saw that grainy footage of Mobley, I was a bit worried. But Shanahan was right on that one. I'm in his corner way more than most bozo Bronco fans you talk to in Denver. He got Elway a ring, that's all that matters no matter what else he does. Period!
    Yeah you may have known Darrent was good, but did you think he was going to start?

You weren't even the least bit surprised at picking 3 CBs and Clarett? I wasn't too happy and thought it was a horrible draft, but yes I will admit he proved me wrong.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkana7
    Manny Lawson at 15.

yeah right, i wish!

never happen!

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Oh no, Mobley was great. But had you heard of Kutztown before? That's my point!

and i don't want to make more of this than needs to be, we all know hindsight is 20/20. . . . but let's not make the mobley pick out to be TOO great when ray lewis was still on the board. . . .

Leave a comment:

• TD Machine
    replied
    This thread had potential when I clicked it...

I was so wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Inkana7
    replied
    Manny Lawson at 15.

Leave a comment:

• deezan777
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
    It gets to be really annoying when people keep complaining about Shanny's drafts.

Yeah they might not be the best in the world, but hes still better than most and hasn't had a top 10 pick in like 10-15 years. That alone shows how good of coaching he has done. In the end isn't how the teams perform on the field and how successful they are the most important thing.

Shanny may pick some questionable picks, but he sure proved us wrong last year, so why don't we give credit where credit is due.
    Maybe he proved YOU wrong, but I already knew Darrent Williams was a baller.

Besides, you're missing the point. I'm not complaining about all his picks, I just wonder which guy he'll pick that we haven't heard of. I'll be the first to admit when I saw that grainy footage of Mobley, I was a bit worried. But Shanahan was right on that one. I'm in his corner way more than most bozo Bronco fans you talk to in Denver. He got Elway a ring, that's all that matters no matter what else he does. Period!
    Last edited by deezan777; 04-21-2006, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deezan777
    replied
    Originally posted by str8jacket
    just because your drafted from an unknown school doesnt mean your not good...........*sigh*

That's not what I said...lol...*sigh*

Leave a comment:

• youngbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    Somehow I am getting a feeling....

Since Lelie is pulling a TO .....

Tagliabue will say .... "With the 15th Selection in the 2006 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select..... Sinorice Moss from Miami."

everything that is bold is right exept with the 15th selection it should say with the 37th selection but in all we'll get him in denver

Leave a comment:

• DenverBuckeye
    replied
    It gets to be really annoying when people keep complaining about Shanny's drafts.

Yeah they might not be the best in the world, but hes still better than most and hasn't had a top 10 pick in like 10-15 years. That alone shows how good of coaching he has done. In the end isn't how the teams perform on the field and how successful they are the most important thing.

Shanny may pick some questionable picks, but he sure proved us wrong last year, so why don't we give credit where credit is due.

Leave a comment:

• KnightOLB53
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    Somehow I am getting a feeling....

Since Lelie is pulling a TO .....

Tagliabue will say .... "With the 15th Selection in the 2006 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select..... Sinorice Moss from Miami."

o god no.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X