Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 failed drug tests at combine

WROTEN, SCIFRES TEST POSITIVE AT COMBINE

Three league sources with knowledge of the results of the drug tests administered at the February scouting combine tells us that, this year, only two players generated positive results.

Per the sources, the two positive results were generated by LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten and Missouri State kicker Jon Scifres. The sources have requested anonymity due to the confidential nature of the NFL's drug testing protocol.

ESPN's Mel Kiper has Wroten listed as No. 3 among defensive tackles, behind only Brodrick Bunkley and Haloti Ngata. Kiper pegs Scifres as the No. 2 kicker.

Scifres' brother, Mike, is the punter for the San Diego Chargers.

Coincidentally (or perhaps not), Wroten wrote a letter last week to the lead decision maker of each of the 32 NFL teams, reportedly due to an arrest in January of possession of marijuana, with intent to distribute. The charges were dropped. He said in the letter that he made a mistake, but is not a bad guy.

It's not known whether Wroten knew at the time of writing the letter that his test result from the combine would be positive, or whether his letter addressed the matter in any way. Last year, Northwestern tackle Luis Castillo arguably slowed his own draft slide by disclosing via letter a positive result at the combine for androstenedione. Castillo was selected by the Chargers in round one.

A positive test doesn't necessarily mean that the player was found to have a prohibited substance in his urine. An excessively diluted sample also can be regarded as a positive test.

As we've explained in past years, the test imposed at the combine is announced in advance. Thus, anyone who tests positive at the combine -- and whose positive test was the result of using a prohibited substance -- is either a moron or has a problem.

Unless, of course, it's a false positive.
    Scifres? What the heck is the little punter doing smokin' weed? Thinks he's some sort of badass or something? Bahahaha...

That's Neil Scifres (SD's punter) brother...maybe he's on the j too?

With Wroten, I'm HOPING that it's not a result from recent usage. I'm not sure how that hole testing thing works, but how long does the drug stay in your system?

Originally posted by WABronco
    Scifres? What the heck is the little punter doing smokin' weed? Thinks he's some sort of badass or something? Bahahaha...

That's Neil Scifres (SD's punter) brother...maybe he's on the j too?

With Wroten, I'm HOPING that it's not a result from recent usage. I'm not sure how that hole testing thing works, but how long does the drug stay in your system?
    Depends on the drug.

Weed about 3 weeks to get it all out of the system, depending on the testing protocol.

Not sure of the rest perhaps we have a MED student on the board that can answer.

Comment

Since when do you have to think you're a badass to smoke weed?

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
        Since when do you have to think you're a badass to smoke weed?
        Just a joke pal, it's ok...

Comment

As we've explained in past years, the test imposed at the combine is announced in advance. Thus, anyone who tests positive at the combine -- and whose positive test was the result of using a prohibited substance -- is either a moron or has a problem.
          Interesting quote right there.

It looks like Wroten's stock has just fallen off the face of the earth.
          You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Wroten was for weed. If it was a steroid....

Deca 1 1/2 yrs
            D-bol about 4 hrs
            Test Enanthate or Cypionate 14 days
            Test Propionate 1 1/2 days
            The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

You know, Dan Marino used drugs before his draft as well. These are just rumors, believe it when there is a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                Depends on the drug.

Weed about 3 weeks to get it all out of the system, depending on the testing protocol.

Not sure of the rest perhaps we have a MED student on the board that can answer.
                If they took a hair sample they can detect use from months to years, depending on how recently the user cut his hair. Not so much a problem for men since we get our hair cut regularly(most of us), but it can become an issue for women.

Comment

a punter doing drugs arent they the good guys of the league? lol

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                    a punter doing drugs arent they the good guys of the league? lol
                    You obviously haven't heard of Saurburn's history.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                      You obviously haven't heard of Saurburn's history.
                      no ive heard of his history lol, but it just seems like those guys get the LEAST attention....and when its attention its always bad

Comment

He's either a hippie or a wigga.
                        MMA News
                        MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                          He's either a hippie or a wigga.
                          i vote wigga lol, freakin cheddars i swear lol, in brighton its ridiculous that theres so many here

Comment

I still vote we get this Scifres guy and a FB! Now that we know hes willing to do whatever, he should have no problem bumping off the Grammaticas (they annoy me) with his bro! Then we will have him take out his bro too......

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                              I still vote we get this Scifres guy and a FB! Now that we know hes willing to do whatever, he should have no problem bumping off the Grammaticas (they annoy me) with his bro! Then we will have him take out his bro too......
                              Pshhh...Sauerbrun is fully capable of elimating the punkass Gramaticas. Crush their skulls with his biceps!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X