X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dare2bme
    replied
    Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    If you are right, I would be happy. I just haven't really seen anything from him yet, but I'm excited.

The real reason I defend Lelie so much is right now he is an average/above-average reciever, yet he has the potential to be a great reciever. Near the end of the season he showed great flashes of this, so I'm just not ready to give up on him yet.
    I agree that he has shown flashes of being great. I wish that he had spent the last few offseasons perfecting those inside moves and bulking up his arms so he isn't so easily swatted on receptions.

I just don't see him making the progress he needs and NFL teams have to be scouting him as "just worry about the deep ball"

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by dare2bme
    I've gotten ripped for suggesting it in other threads, so I might as well do it here too. I think Terrell will supplant Lelie and Devoe will be ready to replace Rod in 2 more years.
    If you are right, I would be happy. I just haven't really seen anything from him yet, but I'm excited.

The real reason I defend Lelie so much is right now he is an average/above-average reciever, yet he has the potential to be a great reciever. Near the end of the season he showed great flashes of this, so I'm just not ready to give up on him yet.

Leave a comment:

• dare2bme
    replied
    Ok, this has been proven by previous threads.

Lelie had dropped about as many passes as Rod did last year.

He also showed that he can go over the middle late in the season. Sure we would have all wished to see that much earlier, but he is showing great improvement.

And just who would replace Lelie on our roster? Terrel? No! Watts? Maybe if he had good hands! Charlie or Devoe? Please, they make extremely poor #3 and #4 WR and they aren't going to start in a while.

If you are going to suggest Walker, thats a big MAYBE. First, we have to get him, which doesn't look too positive, but we look to be the front runners. Next, he just tore his ACL, which might have a MAJOR effect on his route running and speed.

So who is this illustrious WR you talk about supplanting Lelie?
    I've gotten ripped for suggesting it in other threads, so I might as well do it here too. I think Terrell will supplant Lelie and Devoe will be ready to replace Rod in 2 more years.

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by dare2bme
    Lelie is not reliable enough to be a quality #2 in this league. Who cares if he can run fly patterns all day if he drops 2/3 of them. Let him go because he will probably be the number three this year anyway.
    Ok, this has been proven by previous threads.

Lelie had dropped about as many passes as Rod did last year.

He also showed that he can go over the middle late in the season. Sure we would have all wished to see that much earlier, but he is showing great improvement.

And just who would replace Lelie on our roster? Terrel? No! Watts? Maybe if he had good hands! Charlie or Devoe? Please, they make extremely poor #3 and #4 WR and they aren't going to start in a while.

If you are going to suggest Walker, thats a big MAYBE. First, we have to get him, which doesn't look too positive, but we look to be the front runners. Next, he just tore his ACL, which might have a MAJOR effect on his route running and speed.

So who is this illustrious WR you talk about supplanting Lelie?

Leave a comment:

• dare2bme
    replied
    Originally posted by onechance
    well first ok i am going to fix my grammar. Next i didn't know we had all these english teachers who are in a broncos chat room to fix my grammar. I would hope for a response whether or not my grammar was good because i asked about the broncos i did not ask is my grammar ok.
    No one is trying to fix your grammar. People are asking you to make your posts easier to read. You know what you meant and the entonation you are using. We have to read some of them more than once to figure out your posts. There are worse here though.

Leave a comment:

• dare2bme
    replied
    Yea, now I'm going back to all these threads and retracting my statement, as it is pretty obvious that this was b4 the trade...

but Lelie stinks be fightin words pardner! Hes our only deep threat and he has shown he can have over 1000 yards in a season!
    Lelie is not reliable enough to be a quality #2 in this league. Who cares if he can run fly patterns all day if he drops 2/3 of them. Let him go because he will probably be the number three this year anyway.

Leave a comment:

• onechance
    replied
    well first ok i am going to fix my grammar. Next i didn't know we had all these english teachers who are in a broncos chat room to fix my grammar. I would hope for a response whether or not my grammar was good because i asked about the broncos i did not ask is my grammar ok.

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by broncomike8
    we were asking for their second round pick (for Lelie) before we traded our first to them. Lelie needs to go, the guy stinks.
    Yea, now I'm going back to all these threads and retracting my statement, as it is pretty obvious that this was b4 the trade...

but Lelie stinks be fightin words pardner! Hes our only deep threat and he has shown he can have over 1000 yards in a season!

Leave a comment:

• broncomike8
    replied
    we were asking for their second round pick (for Lelie) before we traded our first to them. Lelie needs to go, the guy stinks.

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Hey! As pointed out in another thread, how could we be asking for a second rounder from the 49ers? We already have it! I'm still doubting this whole thing!

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by T8KNOVR
    49ers | Team rejected trade involving Lelie

Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:02:42 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers rejected a trade with the Denver Broncos that involved Broncos WR Ashley Lelie. The Broncos were shopping Lelie for a second-round pick. 49ers vice president of player personnel Scot McCloughan said, "He does have some talent. He's more of a vertical guy, outside the numbers, and can stretch the field, but we had some issues with other things. (I'm) not saying he wouldn't fit in, but ... what kind of football player are we going to have when it's said and done?" He said the team would be interested if the Broncos' asking price drops dramatically.
    This simply proves that other teams don't want Lelie! We're not talking about the Steelers here! This is the 4 win 49ers! Probably the WORST team in the NFL -- and even THEY don't want him!

HE's officially been labeled now as a BUST by NFL teams! (I.e. maybe they'll take a shot on getting him to produce IF the Broncos asking priced drops "dramatically" -- ie if Denver is basically giving him away! But they're not going to offer anything real for him, because they don't think much of him!)

Leave a comment:

• onechance
    replied
    well if we trade him i hope we get something good so we can move up in the draft, or get an extra pick, or a different reciever.

Leave a comment:

• dare2bme
    replied
    Lelie is stuck

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers rejected a trade with the Denver Broncos that involved Broncos WR Ashley Lelie. The Broncos were shopping Lelie for a second-round pick. 49ers vice president of player personnel Scot McCloughan said, "He does have some talent. He's more of a vertical guy, outside the numbers, and can stretch the field, but we had some issues with other things. (I'm) not saying he wouldn't fit in, but ... what kind of football player are we going to have when it's said and done?" He said the team would be interested if the Broncos' asking price drops dramatically.
    Like it or not Lelie, you have devalued yourself with too many drops and poor route running. Go back to "voluntary" practice and pray that the Broncos can use you as a third receiver this year.

Leave a comment:

• jcrobins
    replied

I think other teams are figuring out what the Broncos know. And that is that while Lelie is talented, he is pretty much a one-trick pony. However, if his value is worth a 3rd, then that may be enough to move the 15th up into the end of the top ten somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• T8KNOVR
    replied
    Lelie is not going to be a Bronco in 2006

Leave a comment:

Working...
X