RTBs Player Profiles: Santonio Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTBs Player Profiles: Santonio Holmes

You know how you always hear about the same old people, the top 10 picks? The Vernon Davis', the Reggie Bushes, the Vince Young's? Well, here's a chance to look at my prospective at people you don't hear so often, but will be solid 1st days talent.

Santonio's profile:

Best season:
    2005: 53 receptions for 977 yards(18.4 per), along with 11 TDs

Career Stats:
    140 receptions for 2,295 yards(16.4 per), along with 26 TDs

Report:
    My selection for the best WR in this years draft is Santonio Holmes. Ohio State has produced alot of good pro WRs, and Santonio Holmes is ready to add to the tradition. Several Big 10 coaches have pointed to Santonio as Ohio State's biggest offensive threat.

The compliment is well deserved, when you look at how many big plays he made throughout a demanding schedule that included: Texas, Iowa, Michigan State, and Minnesota. And then there's Michigan, Ohio State players are mostly graded by their games against the Wolverines. Well, Santonio got straight A's, scoring 4 TDs in 3 games.

All Big 10 split ends play a polished grain of football. He reminds me of the Colts Reggie Wayne with the combination of speed, quickness, and precise routes. Santonio is only 5'11 and 188lbs, but he plays bigger, he has reliable hands and isn't afraid to grow across the middle on slants. He excells at pulling away from defenders, and if you bite on his first move -- he can light you up and burn you deep.

I'm impressed by is work ethic. He's a consistent threat week in and week out. The Buckeyes leading receiver, pulling in 53 receptions this year including a load of clutch 3rd down conversations. He also scored 26 career TDs.

Santonio also returns kickoffs and punts, and will most likely see special teams action early on the pros. But we will most likely look at his skill at being a consistent #2 WR and working his way to a #1 as time progresses.

----------------------------------------

I will be doing this daily until the draft, these are the rest of the players:
    Sunday - RB DeAngelo Williams
    Monday - DE Mathias Kiwanuka
    Tuesday - TE Joe Klopfenstein
    Wensday - S Darnell Bing
    Thursday - WR Brandon Williams
    Friday - LB DeMeco Ryans

Enjoy
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 04-22-2006, 10:37 PM.
    sigpic

Also, if anyone could find some highlights for people to check out, it would be highly appreciated

Here's some:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbYy3...h=Troy%20Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjE8F...h=Troy%20Smith

I'm going to make a highlight film of his 2003 season and upload it within the hour. Please be patient
    sigpic

Comment

Cool, good job...

Santonio is de suxors...

Just had to say that for some reason. WABronco Out!

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
        Also, if anyone could find some highlights for people to check out, it would be highly appreciated

Here's some:

I'm going to make a highlight film of his 2003 season and upload it within the hour. Please be patient
        Sweet...

I'm tired of watching the "Santonio Block" one.

Here's a CP in advance.

Comment

Here's some:

Nevermind, I thought I had some tapes of Ohio State back then... Blah nevermind
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            Sweet...

I'm tired of watching the "Santonio Block" one.

Here's a CP in advance.
            Thanks...

I'll be sure to try and find more highlights, can't promise anything though
            sigpic

Comment

http://media.putfile.com/Holmes-block-for-Ginn
              There's the block again haha
              sigpic

Comment

ERGGGG!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  ERGGGG!!!!!
                  Frustration!

Looking up highlights sucks... Screw it
                  sigpic

Comment

chit, i guess somebody else has to post in this thread-- RTB, i thought you were on the jackson bandwagon?
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                      chit, i guess somebody else has to post in this thread-- RTB, i thought you were on the jackson bandwagon?
                      I am, I'm on everyone who gets drafted or has the chance to be drafted by the Broncos bandwagon.

Also, I just felt like doing something unique, haha
                      sigpic

Comment

Damn, Rob Sims really kicked ass. Let's draft him!
                        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

I am, I'm on everyone who gets drafted or has the chance to be drafted by the Broncos bandwagon.

Also, I just felt like doing something unique, haha

fair enough. . . .

i actually think that, despite all the hype about the broncos drafting jackson, holmes is the more likely pick. . . he's a more polished route runner who was more productive over the duration of his college career (jackson had better stats this year, but holmes played in an ultra-conservative offense), and can contribute on returns. . .

holmes should be able to contribute a little quicker, both as a receiver and on special teams, and more importantly, i think he fits better here because he's a capable blocker. . . i really think if we take a WR in the 1st shanny will take holmes over jackson if both are on the board fore those same reasons. . .

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                            fair enough. . . .

i actually think that, despite all the hype about the broncos drafting jackson, holmes is the more likely pick. . . he's a more polished route runner who was more productive over the duration of his college career (jackson had better stats this year, but holmes played in an ultra-conservative offense), and can contribute on returns. . .

holmes should be able to contribute a little quicker, both as a receiver and on special teams, and more importantly, i think he fits better here because he's a capable blocker. . . i really think if we take a WR in the 1st shanny will take holmes over jackson if both are on the board fore those same reasons. . .
                            I agree... But let me tell you this, if we don't trade for Javon Walker... Holmes or Jackson will be our #1 pick
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree... But let me tell you this, if we don't trade for Javon Walker... Holmes or Jackson will be our #1 pick

yea, i know. . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X