No announcement yet.

RTBs Player Profiles: Santonio Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we don't trade for Javon, we MUST take a receiver first. There's no question whatsoever in my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      If we don't trade for Javon, we MUST take a receiver first. There's no question whatsoever in my mind...

OK, all together now. . . .

"we want JAVON! we want JAVON! WE WANT JAVON!!
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Dang...I want that IOWA QB down here in Dallas!

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
          I agree... But let me tell you this, if we don't trade for Javon Walker... Holmes or Jackson will be our #1 pick
          That's the problem! What happens if Santonio Holmes is the pick and he's taken by Philadelphia? They need a WR too now that T.O. hit the exit ramp.

Then Jackson busts and we're left with egg on our faces.

I think Shanahan better get Javon in here fast. Then he can do anything with that pick, even trade down with it and it won't matter!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
            That's the problem! What happens if Santonio Holmes is the pick and he's taken by Philadelphia? They need a WR too now that T.O. hit the exit ramp.

Then Jackson busts and we're left with egg on our faces.

I think Shanahan better get Javon in here fast. Then he can do anything with that pick, even trade down with it and it won't matter!
            Excatly. No procastinating to this point, we have to be aggressive, we HAVE to get him.

But the thing is, if Javon ends up being traded, and it isn't to the Broncos, it'll be to the Eagles and guess what? If they get Javon, that would probably mean that the Eagles wouldn't get Holmes and he'd fall to us. And even if the Eagles still take Holmes(Which is highly doubtful), you know who alot of people think Chad Jackson reminds them of? Javon Walker. Intrestingly enough

I still see it as a win-win-win situation for us.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
              Excatly. No procastinating to this point, we have to be aggressive, we HAVE to get him.

But the thing is, if Javon ends up being traded, and it isn't to the Broncos, it'll be to the Eagles and guess what? If they get Javon, that would probably mean that the Eagles wouldn't get Holmes and he'd fall to us. And even if the Eagles still take Holmes(Which is highly doubtful), you know who alot of people think Chad Jackson reminds them of? Javon Walker. Intrestingly enough

I still see it as a win-win-win situation for us.

assuming the packers do trade walker, i see the iggles as our main competition for him-- they're pretty aggressive when they target a player they want. . .

luckily our 2nd is higher than theirs, to outbid us they would almost have to give their 1st for walker and GB's 2nd, or something like that-- or trade for a higher 2nd than ours, which would still cost them their 1st. . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                assuming the packers do trade walker, i see the iggles as our main competition for him-- they're pretty aggressive when they target a player they want. . .

luckily our 2nd is higher than theirs, to outbid us they would almost have to give their 1st for walker and GB's 2nd, or something like that-- or trade for a higher 2nd than ours, which would still cost them their 1st. . .
                I can't imagine Green Bay being dumb enough to not trade him. They're getting outstanding value for a player coming off a significant injury and demanding a new, big money deal.

If they hold on to him out of spite...damn. If it makes 'em feel better, then fine. I'd burn down Lambeau Field if I was Javon...

Comment

Working...
                X