defense is first to come.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defense is first to come.

based on this chart i have a feeling a defense player is going to be the first pick. We are going to get a safety in my prediction but i could be wrong; because we have a majority of defensive players in the first round. It looks like we pick up so many defensive players then we go after a couple of offensive players and based on the chart those offensive players have been picked up so i think a safety will be our first pick. (or any defensive player) what do you think????

Team History: Denver 1st round picks since 1990
    Denver 1st round picks since 1990
    YEAR PK(OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL
    2004 17(17) D.J. WILLIAMS OLB MIAMI (FLA.)
    2003 20(20) GEORGE FOSTER OT GEORGIA
    2002 19(19) ASHLEY LELIE WR HAWAII
    2001 24(24) WILLIE MIDDLEBROOKS CB MINNESOTA
    2000 15(15) DELTHA O'NEAL DB CALIFORNIA
    1999 31(31) AL WILSON LB TENNESSEE
    1998 30(30) MARCUS NASH WR TENNESSEE
    1997 28(28) TREVOR PRYCE DT CLEMSON
    1996 15(15) JOHN MOBLEY LB KUTZTOWN STATE
    1993 11(11) DAN WILLIAMS DE TOLEDO
    1992 25(25) TOMMY MADDOX QB UCLA
    1991 4(4) MIKE CROEL DB NEBRASKA
    lets go team

So as far as Im concerned you r completely wrong and u have no evidence and u just wasted my time
    Wow, that's just a really snotty response.

Now back to the originally scheduled program....

The list of our first round picks in the original post shows that we've gone defense 67% of the time (8 of 12) and that two of the last three first round picks have been offense. So there's a bit of a pattern there saying we will go defense. But it's not a very strong pattern.

Now to state the obvious -- Who we pick at #15 depends a lot on what we do before the draft (trade Lelie, get Javon Walker, etc.) and who is available at #15 when it's time to pick. If one of the strong Defensive Line players has slipped to us I think we grab him (Ngata or Bunkley) If that doesn't happen, I then agree with recent posts by WABronco and Archimedes Owl stating we should trade down to the late first round and grab an additional pick in round two. It seems like #15 is a good spot for a linebacker, which we don't need, and other teams should be willing to do the swap.

I really don't see us needing a safety at #15 however. That's just too high given Lynch and Ferguson played pretty darn well last year.

Comment

So as far as Im concerned you r completely wrong and u have no evidence and u just wasted my time
      wow what was that about it was this question was just for discusssion and how could i waste your time you came in here to read, no one put a gun to your head and said reply so i dont know why you are hating. I would respond to you with something bad to say but na i wont sink to your level
      lets go team

Comment

He really is right you know... There is no correlation between what you said and the chart you posted.

Comment

its just talk for conversation i know its probably not possible i just wanted to post something else besides WR and RB topics.
          lets go team

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
            I really don't see us needing a safety at #15 however. That's just too high given Lynch and Ferguson played pretty darn well last year.
            But how much longer do you think Lynch is going to play? One season, maybe two? And while Ferguson did a pretty good job for us, it isn't like we couldn't upgrade.

But overall, I still want us to somehow get a good pass rushing end or a pocket collapsing tackle in the first. But if the mocks are close to accurate, there is likely to be a void of talent in those areas worth the #15 picks. Maybe around the #22 pick we traded away would have been better. Or perhaps one of the top prospects will slide just a smidge.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Javalon Wrote:
              But how much longer do you think Lynch is going to play? One season, maybe two? And while Ferguson did a pretty good job for us, it isn't like we couldn't upgrade.
              Your points are valid. But we are talking about pick #15 and I think that's too high for a Safety given our other needs. Safety with around our 4th pick would be Ok by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
                Your points are valid. But we are talking about pick #15 and I think that's too high for a Safety given our other needs. Safety with around our 4th pick would be Ok by me.
                safety to me at 15 is to high with most likely huff most likely bing gone.. and williams not worthy of the pick.. and wanting to play CB
                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                X