Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a new mock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's a new mock

    This mock was in the paper this morning...but I live in Texas so it's from a different point of view.

    Team Player Pos. School
    1. Houston Reggie Bush HB Southern California
    Comment: Best offensive player on the board
    2. New Orleans Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
    Comment: Best defensive player on the board
    3. Tennessee Vince Young QB Texas
    Comment: Houston owner, Houston quarterback
    4. N.Y. Jets Matt Leinart QB Southern California
    Comment: Giants have Manning, Jets need a headliner, too
    5. Green Bay A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State
    Comment: Safest pick on the draft board
    6. San Francisco Vernon Davis TE Maryland
    Comment: His 4.38 speed can stretch defenses
    7. Oakland Michael Huff S Texas
    Comment: The Raiders need a defensive playmaker
    8. Buffalo D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
    Comment: Bills allowed 43 sacks in 2005
    9. Detroit Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State
    Comment: Active nose tackle in Warren Sapp mold
    10. Arizona Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
    Comment: Kurt Warner not getting any younger
    11. St. Louis Jimmy Williams CB Virginia Tech
    Comment: Rams need a shut-down corner
    12. Cleveland Ernie Sims LB Florida State
    Comment: Browns need defensive playmakers
    13. Baltimore Haloti Ngata DT Oregon
    Comment: The Ravens never did replace Tony Siragusa
    14. Philadelphia Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina
    Comment: NFC East loaded with giant receivers
    15. Denver Laurence Maroney HB Minnesota
    Comment: Broncos cut leading rusher Mike Anderson
    16. Miami Chad Greenway LB Iowa
    Comment: Dolphins need more athletic linebackers
    17. Minnesota Demeco Ryans LB Alabama
    Comment:Vikings need linebackers, period
    18. Dallas Manny Lawson DE North Carolina State
    Comment: A pass rusher to complement DeMarcus Ware
    19. San Diego Antonio Cromartie CB Florida State
    Comment: NFL's 28th-ranked pass defense needs help
    20. Kansas City Kamerion Wimbley DE Florida State
    Comment: Wimbley is from down the road in Wichita
    21. New England Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State
    Comment: Pats draft a Mike Vrabel clone
    22. San Francisco Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
    Comment: His 4.34 speed also stretches defenses
    23. Tampa Bay Winston Justice OT Southern California
    Comment: Bucs allowed 41 sacks last year
    24. Cincinnati Tye Hill CB Clemson
    Comment: NFL's 26th-ranked pass defense gets help
    25. N.Y. Giants Donte Whitner S Ohio State
    Comment: Giants need a playmaker at back end
    26. Chicago Jason Allen S Tennessee
    Comment: Chicago's historical credo – Defense first
    27. Carolina LenDale White HB Southern California
    Comment: Panthers replace Stephen Davis
    28. Jacksonville Nick Mangold C Ohio State
    Comment: Toughens up one of NFL's best lines
    29. N.Y. Jets DeAngelo Williams HB Memphis
    Comment: Curtis Martin has lost a step
    30. Indianapolis Joe Addai HB LSU
    Comment: The Colts need to replace Edgerrin James
    31. Seattle Chad Jackson WR Florida
    Comment: Another WR named Jackson from Florida
    32. Pittsburgh Tamba Hali DE Penn State
    Comment: NFL champions add Big Ten sack leader



    E-mail [email protected]

    I think it's the most interesting I've seen in a while....what do you think?
    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

    "If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi


  • #2
    If their top of the draft is accurate, I'd say we should try trading up with Cleveland and take Ngata before the Ravens do.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

    Comment


    • #3
      I dont think this is anywhere close to an accurate draft. I really dont see us taking Maroney with 15, we will take the best available DL, maybe Kiwi.
      vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SM19
        Exactly what I was about to say.
        Me too!
        Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever


        "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

        Comment


        • #5
          That draft makes about as much sense as the Broncos trading their first round pick to the Raiders. (Hopefully that analogy you can understand). The Browns pass up one of their biggest needs, a nose tackle to groom for when Washington retires, for a linebacker? Plus they let the biggest need go to the Ravens? This mock is absolutely horrible.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

          The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN
            I dont think this is anywhere close to an accurate draft. I really dont see us taking Maroney with 15, we will take the best available DL, maybe Kiwi.
            I would agree that we wont take Maroney at 15. That would be considered a half round reach, although Shanahan has done crazier things.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dawgfan
              That draft makes about as much sense as the Broncos trading their first round pick to the Raiders. (Hopefully that analogy you can understand). The Browns pass up one of their biggest needs, a nose tackle to groom for when Washington retires, for a linebacker? Plus they let the biggest need go to the Ravens? This mock is absolutely horrible.

              I thought you were anti-Ngata. We argued about this 7 months ago. You wanted a DE to replace McKinley (who is superb) or an ILB to replace Taylor.

              So by that account, you should be cheering for Greenway or Bunkley.

              Comment


              • #8
                If Denver takes a RB in the first round it won't be Maroney, it will be DeAngelo Williams. Or at least that's who I would like to see them take at least. I guess I can't say they won't take, because I was certain that Denver was going to draft Stephen Jackson a few years ago, so I can't say I know who they are going to draft, but I would certainly like to see them take DeAngelo at 15, there is enough DL talent in the second round that you can afford to take a RB in the first.
                God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                  I thought you were anti-Ngata. We argued about this 7 months ago. You wanted a DE to replace McKinley (who is superb) or an ILB to replace Taylor.

                  So by that account, you should be cheering for Greenway or Bunkley.
                  McKinley is superb? Wow. You are actually hailing a scrub as a Pro Bowl caliber player. That is just hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. I never said I was anti Ngata. I said that Ngata is the most important player for the Browns because they need a Nose Tackle. But that if Ngata was gone then a Defensive End was needed to replace McKinley. Then following those two needs an Inside Linebacker was needed. In every mock at that time Ngata and Bunkley were gone by pick #12 so then ILB was what would need to be addressed. But now people are having Ngata and Bunkley last up to or beyond pick #12. So now I am saying what I felt all along.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                  The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dawgfan
                    McKinley is superb? Wow. You are actually hailing a scrub as a Pro Bowl caliber player. That is just hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. I never said I was anti Ngata. I said that Ngata is the most important player for the Browns because they need a Nose Tackle. But that if Ngata was gone then a Defensive End was needed to replace McKinley. Then following those two needs an Inside Linebacker was needed. In every mock at that time Ngata and Bunkley were gone by pick #12 so then ILB was what would need to be addressed. But now people are having Ngata and Bunkley last up to or beyond pick #12. So now I am saying what I felt all along.

                    I really do think McKinley is a great 3-4 DE. I think he and Roye give you the best 3-4 DE combo in the NFL by far. Look at his production, and he's a good character guy on top of it.

                    Still not sure why you would be against this man. Also, look at Travis Johnson (a DT from FSU drafting in the 1st last year to play DE in a 3-4). He was a huge bust, and he was rated higher then Bunkley is this year. I dont think there is a player in this draft that is better then McKinley.

                    But to each their own. I do not think DE is a need for your team though. Not at all. Ngata, Watson, or Oshinowo would be a great pickup for you though at some point to groom behind Ted.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X