Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know how loud Mile High would be if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know how loud Mile High would be if...

Jeremy Bloom was dropping back for punts and kickoff returns...lol...that would be quite a buzz. It would be a show within the show! I mean really, Bloom belongs in Denver. I just don't know how long he'll last or what he'll be worth. A third seems kinda high if he doesn't play reciever. What do YOU think?

Originally posted by deezan777
    Jeremy Bloom was dropping back for punts and kickoff returns...lol...that would be quite a buzz. It would be a show within the show! I mean really, Bloom belongs in Denver. I just don't know how long he'll last or what he'll be worth. A third seems kinda high if he doesn't play reciever. What do YOU think?
    Right around as loud as anyone else was back there returning punts.

Comment

I totally agree with you!

I would love it if Denver would draft him because the guys they always put back are slow and not very good.

Oh, BTW he's a skier so he would be right where he belongs.

Go get him Shanny!
      Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

I agree with West.

It might be louder the first time he takes a kick, but then it all depends on his performance. He would be just another Bronco. His perfomance would matter much more than his alma mater.

Provided he even drafted by the team and makes the roster.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by West
          Right around as loud as anyone else was back there returning punts.

Obviously you haven't lived in Denver, nor attended many games I suspect.
          Last edited by deezan777; 04-23-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
            I agree with West.

It might be louder the first time he takes a kick, but then it all depends on his performance. He would be just another Bronco. His perfomance would matter much more than his alma mater.

Provided he even drafted by the team and makes the roster.

It's more than his alma mater. He's a Colorado guy. An Olympian. Always been a Bronco fan. What cave have you been living in? All he'll need is one good return...in preseason...and he'll be huge...lol...Shake 'em haters off!
            Last edited by deezan777; 04-23-2006, 03:16 PM.

Comment

It's more than his alma mater. He's a Colorado guy. An Olympian. Always been a Bronco fan. What cave have you been living in?
              And none of those things matter if he sucks. The won't keep him on the roster for those reasons. So yes, he would be a crowd favorite at first. But that would wear off mighty quickly if he was not an adequate performer.

In the NFL, you either perform your job or you don't have a job, regardless of your resume.

I don't live in a cave. I live in a world where NFL coaches don't care where you have been or what you have done in your life. All they want to know is if you can help them win a Super Bowl, right now.

And BTW, I personally believe most fans think like coaches do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                And none of those things matter if he sucks. The won't keep him on the roster for those reasons. So yes, he would be a crowd favorite at first. But that would wear off mighty quickly if he was not an adequate performer.

In the NFL, you either perform your job or you don't have a job, regardless of your resume.

I don't live in a cave. I live in a world where NFL coaches don't care where you have been or what you have done in your life. All they want to know is if you can help them win a Super Bowl, right now.

And BTW, I personally believe most fans think like coaches do.

Lighten up there Moderatorus Prime or whatever...lol...I'm talking about being a crowd pleaser. And, Shanahan has had a penchant for picking up local talent (see cecil sapp, jayshon sykes, BVP)...notice a trend? Remember, it's a show, supposed to be fun! Not everything has to be broken down to dollars and cents all the time. And if you think most fans think like coaches do, how do you account for all the left field ideas on the message board you monitor?
                Last edited by deezan777; 04-23-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                  I totally agree with you!

I would love it if Denver would draft him because the guys they always put back are slow and not very good.

Oh, BTW he's a skier so he would be right where he belongs.

Go get him Shanny!

I would love it if Denver would draft him because the guys they always put back are
                  slow and not very good.

I have to disagree with you there. On the Super Bowl teams, D.Gordon was an awesome returner. Right now our returner is Darrent and he is one of the fastest on the team. I'm not saying I wouldn't like Bloom or Hester back there better, but DWILL is NOT slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7

I would love it if Denver would draft him because the guys they always put back are
                    slow and not very good.

I have to disagree with you there. On the Super Bowl teams, D.Gordon was an awesome returner. Right now our returner is Darrent and he is one of the fastest on the team. I'm not saying I wouldn't like Bloom or Hester back there better, but DWILL is NOT slow.
                    Gotta watch out for injuries though. You could essentially throw Bloom to the wolves...lol

Comment

Lighten up there Moderatorus Prime or whatever...lol...I'm talking about being a crowd pleaser. And, Shanahan has had a penchant for picking up local talent (see cecil sapp, jayshon sykes, BVP)...notice a trend? Remember, it's a show, supposed to be fun! Not everything has to be broken down to dollars and cents all the time. And if you think most fans think like coaches do, how do you account for all the left field ideas on the message board you monitor?
                      I, like most fans get pleasure, excitement and fun from seeing the denver broncos win and do well and aim for the biggest prize of all, the superbowl.

i have my favourite college players as well but if they cannot help us WIN then i certainly would not want them on the roster.

do i care if bloom is a local? an olympian? a bronco fan? HELL NO!!!!

do i care about if he can help the broncos win?? HELL YEAH! .....and i bet shananhan does to.

Comment

Everything is dollars and cents, and sometimes mistakes are expensive (see, Gardener, Clarett, that cokehead CB from the Chiefs, etc).

And yes, left field ideas are fine on the board. I fail to see what that has to do with my assertation that on the field performance is the key to crowd reaction and job security?

You had an idea, I offered a counter balance to it.

You are the one who suggested I live in a cave, so why am I the one who needs the calming down?

Comment

Wow, left field ideas...i like that termonology! And i'm agreeing with both of u by the way! A local lad is always going to have an affect on a club, maybe not performance wise but with regards to fan support, merchandise....a successful franchise is more in depth than the performance of the players!

I agree that if he sucked, the fans cheers would soon pipe down but i believe if he was as good as any other kick returner we've had then there'd be more of a feel on kick returns.

Oh and i'm not saying we'll draft him, i dont think we will or should but the point being made is valid i feel.

Being from England and growing up a huge sunderland fan, local talent is so important to its fans and the club, but the system is so different. You can grow up in Manchester, play for Manchester United youth teams all your life, go all the way up the ranks, to reserves and then finally play for Manchester United. An example of this would be David Beckham, Paul Scholes ot name a few. Over with u guys it is so much different and the chance for a local lad to play for his home town is so much slimmer than over here...i therefore think it should be embraced and appreciated by the fans....

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7

slow and not very good.

I know Gordon was a good returner, and its my fault for not mentioning it earlier, but i was talking about recently. Darrent wqas our returner until he became the starting corner and in the games I watched (about 1/2 because I live in MI) he didn't return many if any at all.

I would never diss or make fun fun of Darrent because he's one of my favorite players and that's why he is in my sig. I know DWILL isn't slow.
                            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                              I, like most fans get pleasure, excitement and fun from seeing the denver broncos win and do well and aim for the biggest prize of all, the superbowl.

i have my favourite college players as well but if they cannot help us WIN then i certainly would not want them on the roster.

do i care if bloom is a local? an olympian? a bronco fan? HELL NO!!!!

do i care about if he can help the broncos win?? HELL YEAH! .....and i bet shananhan does to.
                              Well, I can see from your spelling of "favourite" that you probably are English by birth? Spent much time in Colorado?

Comment

Working...
                              X