A TRADE to look out for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A TRADE to look out for!

This is simply speculation on my part, but I get the feeling that if someone unexpected does not slip in the draft that Denver will wait until they're on the clock at 15, and trade the pick. If no one they want slips.

The key is, I'd look for Denver to deal with Tampa Bay at 23. I think there's a good chance that without someone slipping, Denver will decide they like the 2nd round WR prospects better than the 1st and will decide on RB in round 1. But, hopefully Shanny will realize that LenDale, who I believe is his back of choice, will still be there a number of picks beyond 15.

In a deal with Tampa, we would acquire their 2nd round pick, #59, which very nearly matches up points wise. We get an extra 30 points, but that is very often what occurs when the deals are done on draft day, you have to overpay.

Tampa is looking for help at DB and WR most notably, and has been rumored to be very interested in Chad Jackson though there is virtually no chance he'll last to 23. I would not be at all surprised to see Tampa make this move with us that would be a great benefit.

Not only would we walk out of the first round with a guy who Shanny might be prone to take earlier at 15, but we'd have a 3rd second round pick, thus easily allowing us to deal one for Javon Walker and make 2 picks of our own.

This to me is a great draft day scenario IMO:

15. traded to Tampa for #23 & #59
    23. LenDale White, RB, USC
    37. traded to Green Bay for Javon Walker
    59. Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado
    61. D. Bing/K. Simpson/A. Smith at Safety---- whoever is still available of the 3
    68. Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green

I would be downright giddy over that scenario. Even though I would love to see a pure pass rusher like Kiwi, I just don't see us going in that direction when looking at the roster right now. Perhaps if Lelie is dealt he could net a late 3rd round pick to use on someone like Victor Adeyanju, DE, Indiana.

Originally posted by jletourneau
    This is simply speculation on my part, but I get the feeling that if someone unexpected does not slip in the draft that Denver will wait until they're on the clock at 15, and trade the pick. If no one they want slips.

The key is, I'd look for Denver to deal with Tampa Bay at 23. I think there's a good chance that without someone slipping, Denver will decide they like the 2nd round WR prospects better than the 1st and will decide on RB in round 1. But, hopefully Shanny will realize that LenDale, who I believe is his back of choice, will still be there a number of picks beyond 15.

In a deal with Tampa, we would acquire their 2nd round pick, #59, which very nearly matches up points wise. We get an extra 30 points, but that is very often what occurs when the deals are done on draft day, you have to overpay.

Tampa is looking for help at DB and WR most notably, and has been rumored to be very interested in Chad Jackson though there is virtually no chance he'll last to 23. I would not be at all surprised to see Tampa make this move with us that would be a great benefit.

Not only would we walk out of the first round with a guy who Shanny might be prone to take earlier at 15, but we'd have a 3rd second round pick, thus easily allowing us to deal one for Javon Walker and make 2 picks of our own.

61. D. Bing/K. Simpson/A. Smith at Safety---- whoever is still available of the 3

I would be downright giddy over that scenario. Even though I would love to see a pure pass rusher like Kiwi, I just don't see us going in that direction when looking at the roster right now. Perhaps if Lelie is dealt he could net a late 3rd round pick to use on someone like Victor Adeyanju, DE, Indiana.
    I think that trading back is inevitable. The value just isn't there but it looks great at 23. Unless, like you said, someone drops.

Comment

I would love that draft except D.Williams instead of L.White.

I mean, our guards don't even have man-boobs for crying out loud!!!!!!

Comment

if they do that it would be great but they shouldn't draft lendale white, they should go with Maroney then trade the other one for javon walker. Look forward to shanny bringing in another Burner with that 37th pick.
        look down

Comment

I prefer both DeAngelo and Maroney to LenDale, but I strongly believe that LenDale is Mike's back of choice from this draft.

So instead of preference for that first pick, I tried to resign myself to the pick I thought most likely for Shanahan in the first round.

It's not that I'm against LenDale right there at 23, but I'm a big fan of DeAngelo and Maroney could be awesome in our system.

Bascially, insert any of the 3 RB's in that position at 23 and it's all good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbronco
            if they do that it would be great but they shouldn't draft lendale white, they should go with Maroney then trade the other one for javon walker. Look forward to shanny bringing in another Burner with that 37th pick.
            look down
            If we trade back or stay where we are and don't go WR then Sinorice is a very good possibility if he lasts past Pittsburgh. I think we could trade #59 to Green bay for Javon and then draft Moss at #37.

Good idea!
            It makes sense.
            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

If Sinorice lasts it would be great, but right now I'm having a hard time seeing him last until 37. I like him a lot, and from what I've read he and Shanny struck a good relationship when Moss visited Dove Valley.

But first, Moss would have to get past both Chicago and Pittsburgh, and both are teams rumored to be paying close attention to him.

Comment

Check out this thread made by WABronco.

In it, we talk about potentially trading back with the Giants, but Tampa Bay, Chicago, Carolina and Cincy have picks in the first and second round that approximate our points value.

The Giants, Bears, and Panthers have some need at reciever. Toomer is aging, Chicago is Chicago, and Keyshawn is only a temporary solution, so it's feasible that any of them would be willing trading partners.

We're in a spot to snag prospects that fall out of the top ten, but if one of those picks is at a position that we don't need, we could probably work with one of these teams to move back and still pick up a good prospect at a position of need at around 25 and a second rounder to boot.

Heck, with a team like Carolina, we could probably also snag a fourth rounder in moving back.

We already have two fourth rounders to potentially move up in the second if we see a prospect we like.

Moving back and having 5 picks in the top 68 picks.

*DROOL*

I REALLY like this idea.

One pitfall to consider is that most of these teams may be hesitant to move forward. After all, consider what it took for the Atlanta falcons to move back from 15 to 29 was only a late third round pick. Why was this??

Was this because teams were unwilling to trade forward??

If this is so, it would be worrisome. Our best hope would be for somebody that has high value that we don't need to drop. Then our pick might look more enticing.
                My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                  One pitfall to consider is that most of these teams may be hesitant to move forward. After all, consider what it took for the Atlanta falcons to move back from 15 to 29 was only a late third round pick. Why was this??

If this is so, it would be worrisome. Our best hope would be for somebody that has high value that we don't need to drop. Then our pick might look more enticing.
                  because they knew they were going to get abraham with pick 29 so they didn't care what else we were offering

Comment

Originally posted by youngbronco
                    because they knew they were going to get abraham with pick 29 so they didn't care what else we were offering
                    Fair enough, but it still would make sense that they get as much as they could in trading back and that's all they could get??

That's not a good sign for others like us that want to trade back not even as far.
                    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                    . Post Your Artwork .
                    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

one of the reasons with Tampa is that they have a need at WR, and they are said to really like Chad Jackson. So 15 is the optimum place they need to move up to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                        Check out this thread made by WABronco.

In it, we talk about potentially trading back with the Giants, but Tampa Bay, Chicago, Carolina and Cincy have picks in the first and second round that approximate our points value.

The Giants, Bears, and Panthers have some need at reciever. Toomer is aging, Chicago is Chicago, and Keyshawn is only a temporary solution, so it's feasible that any of them would be willing trading partners.

We're in a spot to snag prospects that fall out of the top ten, but if one of those picks is at a position that we don't need, we could probably work with one of these teams to move back and still pick up a good prospect at a position of need at around 25 and a second rounder to boot.

Heck, with a team like Carolina, we could probably also snag a fourth rounder in moving back.

We already have two fourth rounders to potentially move up in the second if we see a prospect we like.

Moving back and having 5 picks in the top 68 picks.

*DROOL*

I REALLY like this idea.

Yeah, his thread is very similar in premise. I think 26 is the VERY FURTHEST we could move back, I think we need to stay in front of Carolina, Jacksonvile and Indianapolis because any of the 3 could look to snag White or Maroney presuming Williams is gone by then. And, any of them could muster enough ammunition to move up a couple spaces if need be to get the guy in front of us if we move too far back.

It will definitely have to be done carefully. I could see a trade with NY, etc, but I think I'd prefer Tampa if possible because it keeps us just high enough to prevent much leapfrogging by other teams.

Comment

one of the reasons with Tampa is that they have a need at WR, and they are said to really like Chad Jackson. So 15 is the optimum place they need to move up to get him.
                          Really? I hadn't heard that one.

Even after they re-signed Hilliard?

Comment

Yeah, his thread is very similar in premise. I think 26 is the VERY FURTHEST we could move back, I think we need to stay in front of Carolina, Jacksonvile and Indianapolis because any of the 3 could look to snag White or Maroney presuming Williams is gone by then. And, any of them could muster enough ammunition to move up a couple spaces if need be to get the guy in front of us if we move too far back.

It will definitely have to be done carefully. I could see a trade with NY, etc, but I think I'd prefer Tampa if possible because it keeps us just high enough to prevent much leapfrogging by other teams.
                            Anyone from 23-26 works for me. Each of those teams has a legit need in order to trade up, so...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                              Really? I hadn't heard that one.

Even after they re-signed Hilliard?
                              It was real brief mention I'd heard before buzz started going nuts lately, and it makes sense. They flirted with the T.O thing, and Jackson is compared to that mold. They have recently had questions about Clayton, even though he'll probably re-emerge this year. Galloway is getting older, and Hilliard is a #3 AT BEST, and Jackson would need to be groomed anyway as he plays a role of a 3/4.

In proximity, it's likely that Gruden has had plenty of looks at Jackson, and probably has some good inside local sources if he were to try and find out more.

Plus, Tampa flirted with the idea of a big WR last year in Mike Williams who took the backseat to Cadillac. So if you put the pieces together, even without national mention recently, it does make sense that they might be interested. And, Gruden is an offensive guy by trade and always likes to keep an eye out for that true playmaker type, hence his mini flirtation with the idea of T.O. even though it never got past stage one.

Tampa and Jackson could really make sense, but the question would lie as to whether they like him enough to give up a 2nd to get him, or if they just hope he drops. Remember, the year they drafted M. Clayton at 15 was when Denver was at 17 and wanted Clayton too. Gruden said he'd make the trade for those TWO spots in the draft for the price of a 2nd round pick, Shanny thought it was too much for Clayton and went with D.J. instead.

The other possibility is if TB wants a S/CB like Jimmy Williams or Jason Allen, another position of need for them. Jumping to 15 would get them in front of DB happy teams like Dallas, KC, NE, SD, Miami, etc. That would be another strong reason for Tampa to be considered a favorite target if we were to try and move down into the early to mid twenties.
                              Last edited by jletourneau; 04-23-2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X