• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jletourneau
    This to me is a great draft day scenario IMO:

15. traded to Tampa for #23 & #59
    23. LenDale White, RB, USC
    37. traded to Green Bay for Javon Walker
    59. Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado
    61. D. Bing/K. Simpson/A. Smith at Safety---- whoever is still available of the 3
    68. Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green

I would be downright giddy over that scenario.
    Downright giddy is right!

Comment

Finally...something we can all agree on.

If Williams or Maroney are available at 23-26...PICK Maroney up.

I'm still not sold on William's injury history, but at least we wouldn't be wasting a high pick. We'd get another pick in the process.
      Last edited by ElwaystillKing; 04-23-2006, 10:24 PM.

Comment

another team i'll throw in the mix as a possible trade partner is new england. their defense revolves around their linebackers. their is a lot of value at LB at 15, and i could see new england trying to move ahead of miami, dallas and san diego if they fall in love with somebody specific.

im not sure what the value chart says, but i wouldnt be surprised if any trade back involves picks for next season. for NE as an example, the 21, a 4th or 5th, and a 2nd for next season. having 4 first day picks already, im not sure how many more we can add. you can only give so many roster spots to rookies, and not many first day picks are going to last on the practise squad.
        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by ElwaystillKing
          Finally...something we can all agree on.

If Williams or Maroney are avaiable at 23-26...PICK Maroney up.

I'm still not sold on William's injury history, but at least we wouldn't be wasting a high pick. We'd get another pick in the process.

I still think that it is funny how White and Maroney supporters are always speaking of Williams's injuries. And yet since the end of the season, the only one that has had no limp-is Williams.

White never even ran a 40 time, I know I know, hamstring tear. OK, but his bench and other stuff he actually did participate in, was not up to Williams.

Maroney got off one good 40 time, then came up lame when running another.

Look, I watched the National Championship game and I thought that White was the second best player on the field-next to Young. I came away very impressed, as I was during the year when I saw him play.

I also like Maroney. He is a very good back and as some have pimped on these boards-he ran in a zone blocking scheme. Living in Northern Iowa, I get a lot of Minnesota news and have actually watched him in person at the Metrodome. But during the year, it seemed like there was always something tweeked on him...usually his ankle or hamstring. And this was his only year as top dog in the backfield.

Williams is the only one that I have not seen play, other than highlights of course. He is obviously very talented and has shown the ability to be a feature back.

Any of these backs could be an upgrade to the backfield, I have to doubt that any of them will don the orange and blue however.

Shanny knows how to mix and match his runningbacks for his system. If he can turn turds into diamonds, then why spend the extra money that a first rounder would command.

Comment

This is simply speculation on my part, but I get the feeling that if someone unexpected does not slip in the draft that Denver will wait until they're on the clock at 15, and trade the pick. If no one they want slips.

The key is, I'd look for Denver to deal with Tampa Bay at 23. I think there's a good chance that without someone slipping, Denver will decide they like the 2nd round WR prospects better than the 1st and will decide on RB in round 1. But, hopefully Shanny will realize that LenDale, who I believe is his back of choice, will still be there a number of picks beyond 15.

In a deal with Tampa, we would acquire their 2nd round pick, #59, which very nearly matches up points wise. We get an extra 30 points, but that is very often what occurs when the deals are done on draft day, you have to overpay.

Tampa is looking for help at DB and WR most notably, and has been rumored to be very interested in Chad Jackson though there is virtually no chance he'll last to 23. I would not be at all surprised to see Tampa make this move with us that would be a great benefit.

Not only would we walk out of the first round with a guy who Shanny might be prone to take earlier at 15, but we'd have a 3rd second round pick, thus easily allowing us to deal one for Javon Walker and make 2 picks of our own.

This to me is a great draft day scenario IMO:

61. D. Bing/K. Simpson/A. Smith at Safety---- whoever is still available of the 3

I would be downright giddy over that scenario. Even though I would love to see a pure pass rusher like Kiwi, I just don't see us going in that direction when looking at the roster right now. Perhaps if Lelie is dealt he could net a late 3rd round pick to use on someone like Victor Adeyanju, DE, Indiana.

I would cry tears of joy if this were to come to fruition!

Comment

yay still no D

Sure we can trade up, down, sideways, and six ways from Sunday but if we don't address our defensive line we're just pursuing the same foolhardy path of the last 6 years!
              "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
                Sure we can trade up, down, sideways, and six ways from Sunday but if we don't address our defensive line we're just pursuing the same foolhardy path of the last 6 years!
                But there's nothing we can do about it! Our DE depth chart is full of guys who just got brand spankin' new deals...guys like Ekuban, Brown, Engelberger, Lang. Then you add on Shanny's little pet project Corey Jackson, and there's really no room for one...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  But there's nothing we can do about it! Our DE depth chart is full of guys who just got brand spankin' new deals...guys like Ekuban, Brown, Engelberger, Lang. Then you add on Shanny's little pet project Corey Jackson, and there's really no room for one...
                  There are lots of defensive tackle prospects in the second round. Just a thought, but we could use an upgrade there.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                    I'm just pulling for Corey Jackson to have a Rod Smith kind of career....DE style.

*sigh* maybe Brown too. I wish I still had my foam brick to throw at the TV...

Comment

Man... White is not as great as advertised. That line was absolutely incredible along with the fact he had a man named Reggie Bush carry the ball the whole field, and in the red zone be taken out so LenDale can run his 15 yards in 3 or 4 carries for a TD a game. Easy for a D-1 running back in that situation.

I'll take Javon for that pick.

Can Klopf hang? I haven't seen any videos yet.

I'll take any of those safeties, along with Donte Whitner from OSU would be awesome. Omar Jacobs pick would be nothing less than awesome, he's a great QB.

Comment

Working...
                      X