X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.4 million under the cap!!

Broncos | Team is $7.4 million under salary cap
    Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:19:38 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Denver Broncos are $7.4 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

Afte the rookies, we might still have some room for a big name player that will be had in a trade on draft day.......Javon Walker anyone?

this is good news.....gives us more room to move up AND get javon walker (always a possibility, in my mind lol) but yahhhhhhhhhhhhh this is great

Comment

Originally posted by penguin

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Denver Broncos are $7.4 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

Afte the rookies, we might still have some room for a big name player that will be had in a trade on draft day.......Javon Walker anyone?

We should get Walker..........Yesterday!!!!!!!!

Comment

any word on the status of the chargers, raiders, adn chiefs and their cap??

Comment

I've known this for quite a long time.

Walker will want about 3-4 million a year.
          1st round is 2-3 million a year.
          2nd rounder is about 1-2 million a year.
          3rd rounder is about 500,000-1 million a year.
          2nd day picks are anywhere from 250,000-750,000 a year.

But with backloads and whatnot, eh, who knows.

Either way, it's going to be hard to fit everyone under the cap. We'll have to cut some people and restructure some more people
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
            any word on the status of the chargers, raiders, adn chiefs and their cap??
            Raiders are about a million under

Chiefs and Chargers are probably somewhere around where we are.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
              I've known this for quite a long time.

Walker will want about 3-4 million a year.
              1st round is 2-3 million a year.
              2nd rounder is about 1-2 million a year.
              3rd rounder is about 500,000-1 million a year.
              2nd day picks are anywhere from 250,000-750,000 a year.

But with backloads and whatnot, eh, who knows.

Either way, it's going to be hard to fit everyone under the cap. We'll have to cut some people and restructure some more people

It seemed like last year that we had a low amount under the cap, but it was already estimated what our draft picks would take up...so whatever we had under the cap was whatever that # was+what the draft picks got.

If I just made you dumber by reading that, I apologize!!

Comment

yay!getting walker is actually possible!give him a long term contract, giving about 3-4 mil a year. than we should trade for huff or davis!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos74310
                  yay!getting walker is actually possible!give him a long term contract, giving about 3-4 mil a year. than we should trade for huff or davis!
                  A top 10 pick is 3-4 million a year as well. Fuggetaboutit
                  sigpic

Comment

What the hell is taking so long for this trade to happen.....trade for Walker NOW OR DIE CLOWNS!!!!

anyone else hat seeing Ted Sunquist fat face on this web page saying wheeling and dealing? Yeah thanks for the leverage in round 1 moron!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
                      What the hell is taking so long for this trade to happen.....trade for Walker NOW OR DIE CLOWNS!!!!

anyone else hat seeing Ted Sunquist fat face on this web page saying wheeling and dealing? Yeah thanks for the leverage in round 1 moron!!!!!
                      Hey moron, realize that the Packers aren't giving into trading Walker yet. And if they do, chances are it won't be the day before the draft or on draft day.
                      sigpic

Comment

If Denver is really going to go out and get Javon I don't think that Cap Room would have stopped them, they would have restructured or whatever... But this maybe makes it a little bit easier. But what does Denver give up.. 2nd, 3rd? How about Lelie and a 6th?
                        God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                          Hey moron, realize that the Packers aren't giving into trading Walker yet. And if they do, chances are it won't be the day before the draft or on draft day.

"so your saying theres a chance....YES!"

Dumb and Dumber
                          sigpic

Comment

Cap space

I believe that cost of rookies is already calculated into cap space so that 7 mill might be available for whatever else comes along......if Lelie is part of the trade for Walker (ouch stop hitting me ) then there is a little more there to spend. I would love that trade and then give up whatever it takes for VD (no, no hookers and unprotected sex!! ) The TE - VD. OFFENCE would rock ...It pains me but I think Dayne might just be OK this year....( gawd am I glad I don't have to use my real name when I say things like that) Hmmm how far is the draft so I can get off these pipe dreams....
                            sigpic

Comment

It seems like just about everyone would love to see javon in blue and orange. I too, would like to see a playmaking WR in the lineup. i just have a few questions about his character. didn't he act a bit "T.O-ish" with the pack at times over the last few years. refusing to play for a team, holding out, etc, not to mention the ACL. now don't get me wrong, i'd like us to pick him up too. i just think that its imperative that shanahan make it clear to him that the long-term contract that we will sign him to is predicated on him growing up and acting like a consumate pro. having rod as a mentor could only help that cause. would it really cost our first #2 (37?) to trade to the pack? I wish we could get him for a #3, but if it costs a #2, then so be it. I would WAY rather get a proven talent than draft a WR with pick #15. This way we could pick up bunkley or ngata if either somehow fell to 15, and if not, trade down for more picks in lower 1st and 2nd. Then we could wind up with WR(Javon), a DT (wroten), a TE (Fasano), a guard (D. Joseph) and then sit back and watch the superbowl championships roll in.

Comment

Working...
                              X