7.4 million under the cap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smilin'assassin
    It seems like just about everyone would love to see javon in blue and orange. I too, would like to see a playmaking WR in the lineup. i just have a few questions about his character. didn't he act a bit "T.O-ish" with the pack at times over the last few years. refusing to play for a team, holding out, etc, not to mention the ACL. now don't get me wrong, i'd like us to pick him up too. i just think that its imperative that shanahan make it clear to him that the long-term contract that we will sign him to is predicated on him growing up and acting like a consumate pro. having rod as a mentor could only help that cause. would it really cost our first #2 (37?) to trade to the pack? I wish we could get him for a #3, but if it costs a #2, then so be it. I would WAY rather get a proven talent than draft a WR with pick #15. This way we could pick up bunkley or ngata if either somehow fell to 15, and if not, trade down for more picks in lower 1st and 2nd. Then we could wind up with WR(Javon), a DT (wroten), a TE (Fasano), a guard (D. Joseph) and then sit back and watch the superbowl championships roll in.

I really don't think he acted TOish.

BTW, Wroten failed the drug test at the combine....remains to be seen where he will go now.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
      any word on the status of the chargers, raiders, adn chiefs and their cap??

Chiefs | Team is $9.2 million under salary cap
      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:18:33 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Kansas City Chiefs are $9.2 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

Raiders | Team is $1.4 million under salary cap
      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:13:26 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Oakland Raiders are $1.4 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

Chargers | Team is $15.4 million under salary cap
      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:10:54 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the San Diego Chargers are $15.4 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
        I've known this for quite a long time.

Walker will want about 3-4 million a year.
        1st round is 2-3 million a year.
        2nd rounder is about 1-2 million a year.
        3rd rounder is about 500,000-1 million a year.
        2nd day picks are anywhere from 250,000-750,000 a year.

But with backloads and whatnot, eh, who knows.

Either way, it's going to be hard to fit everyone under the cap. We'll have to cut some people and restructure some more people
        Walker's contract shouldn't be a problem. They can just give him a big pro-rated signing bonus and a 6 year contract or something.

Say, $8 million signing bonus pro-rated over 6 years with a $1.2 million salary = $2.5 million cap hit.

(the remaining years on the contract aren't guaranteed of course).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
          What the hell is taking so long for this trade to happen.....trade for Walker NOW OR DIE CLOWNS!!!!

anyone else hat seeing Ted Sunquist fat face on this web page saying wheeling and dealing? Yeah thanks for the leverage in round 1 moron!!!!!
          The Packers aren't going to deal until draft day; at least I wouldn't if I were them. They're sitting there at #5 watching to see who drops in the hope that some team out there does a Ditka and gives them a deal they can't refuse in order to get a coveted player that's still on the board. Javon Walker might be a part of any such deal, so they're going to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Either way, it's going to be hard to fit everyone under the cap. We'll have to cut some people and restructure some more people
            That is way off or Walker would be making a lot more the 750k a year right now since he was a first round pick, and he is already a few years into his contract. We have way more than enough room right now.

Comment

Where did you get these number from. No offence but I do belive those are wrong...u might want to search a little better...I am not sure what they really are but I have seen the real numbers and those are not them.

Comment

I'm still doing lil research. bored at work atm lol.

Found this article regarding salary caps going into the draft

Question 1.5
                How does the NFL Draft impact the Salary Cap?

Answer:Team salary includes the Rookie Minimum Active Salary as of the day of the draft for all drafted rookies. The salary for drafted rookies will stay at this amount until the player is signed, the team’s rights are relinquished through waivers, or until the Tuesday following the tenth week of the regular season if the player remains unsigned.

www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

I will keep looking for draft pick salaries

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
                  What the hell is taking so long for this trade to happen.....trade for Walker NOW OR DIE CLOWNS!!!!

anyone else hat seeing Ted Sunquist fat face on this web page saying wheeling and dealing? Yeah thanks for the leverage in round 1 moron!!!!!

lol...yeah, i could have traded down...pretty tough...ooh and for equal value, right on

Comment

Working...
                  X