Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Why didn't the Broncos talk to the Saints? Or maybe they did and I didn't see it. I read somewhere that the Titans turned us down, the Saints seems like they were more willing to part with their pick...

It just seems like if we were really serious about moving up this would have been a good place to start.

Originally posted by fxblitz
    Why didn't the Broncos talk to the Saints? Or maybe they did and I didn't see it. I read somewhere that the Titans turned us down, the Saints seems like they were more willing to part with their pick...

It just seems like if we were really serious about moving up this would have been a good place to start.

mayb we offered the titans nuthin or mayb shanny wants alot of good players instead of one great....there is no point imo to pick up one good player when u can have 2, 3 or mayb even 4 players who would do a good job contributing to the team
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
      mayb we offered the titans nuthin or mayb shanny wants alot of good players instead of one great....there is no point imo to pick up one good player when u can have 2, 3 or mayb even 4 players who would do a good job contributing to the team
      That's true, I was really just curious why we went to the Titans, when everyone knows they wany Leinart.

Comment

Man it's just not worth it to trade that far down in the draft. Everyone thinks they are going to get a great player in the top 10 and just a "good" one later. Well compare number 6 overall Adam Jones last year to our second and third round Darrent Williams and Domonique Foxworth. Those guys took our battered up secondary and left us with no worries. Think back to Bailey, Herndon, Alexander...need I say more? DJ Williams was not in the top 10 but he is freakin' awesome. Outside of our team, wasn't TO a third rounder? I have faith in the draft after last season.

Comment

We'd have to trade our whole draft away
          sigpic

Comment

I believe there was a report of us trying to trade into the top five with a third team, yet that team was undisclosed, so it might have been the Saints.

Comment

Working...
            X