Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should broncos draft a QB if Jay Cutler/ Vince Young fall into #15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should broncos draft a QB if Jay Cutler/ Vince Young fall into #15?

Jay Plummer is 32 and I really dont think how much better he can improve......

Originally posted by Player#7
    If I thought either player was really special, then I would, despite the "we're one player away from the SB and we don't need a QB" views.

But I guess I don't really think either player is that special.
    "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
    "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

Comment

IF... they draft a QB, Croyle or Clemons in top 2nd rd.

BUT

If I had to take a pick between them I would say young would fit in our system pretty nice, on the other hand will have to go with Cutler imagine what he can do with an offensive line

Comment

I think cutler or young would be worth the 15 pick. Granted we are not about rebuilding but these guys have legitimate potential. I think either would be a bargain at pick 15. I would do it.

I am a Plummer fan but getting a franchise type QB with the 15 pick would be a good move in my opinion.

Comment

If one of those guys fell down to 15 we would be crazy not to draft them, unless we were going to trade down, or if someone that would fill a more pressing need, like Williams, Huff, or Davis fell to us at that spot too. I mean I think both Cutler and young are going to be better QB's than Lienart down the road.

Comment

If they did fall to 15 any of them... Imagine what we could get trading down

That would be sweet.... then again this thread is considered a fairy tale...

Comment

If either one o fthem fall to #15 I would take them, for the simple fact that drafting a WR there would be a complete waste, and we already have some talented RB's.

Cutler could definitely be "groomed" to take over for the "snake man", and Young may just have the upside to make it worthwhile.

If both fall (not gonna happen) I would rather have Cutler of the two I think.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Not only NO but HELL NO.

How is that for a double negative?

While Jake is 32 he is 4-7 years away from losing his skills to the point of needing a QB.

Frankly we would be nuts to DAFT a QB anyway or anytime with a top choice, as the vast majority of the top QB' taken are busts and wastes of picks everyone knows that.

While either or, might be a great QB down the road, there is NO reason to waste a pick for 4 years for now.

We are way to close to winning a Superbowl than go for anything less than what need to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                  If they did fall to 15 any of them... Imagine what we could get trading down

That would be sweet.... then again this thread is considered a fairy tale...
                  This would be a prudent thing to think about, Points to you for being rational.

Comment

no.

clemens or croyle would be better fit and no need to waste a first round pick on QB when we have more pressing needs.

Comment

I agree witht he fact that we dont need a QB now but they both have huge upsides, but being a student at UofL I am hoping that two years from now the Broncos can somehow get Brian Brohm and he be the QB of the future. but that is just me dreaming cause we are not going to finish low enough in the season to be able to pick him up.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBroncosFan77
                        no.

clemens or croyle would be better fit and no need to waste a first round pick on QB when we have more pressing needs.

What? Clemens or croyle couldn't carry Cutler's jock! And you might not like the way Vince Young passes all the time, but goodness gracious man, did you see the national championship game? That wasn't the St. Mary's sixth grade girls he was running around. I know the NFL is different, but can you imagine him running the bootleg or qb roll out play that denver runs every drive? I don't think that clemens or croyle would run it better. Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          Not only NO but HELL NO.

How is that for a double negative?

While Jake is 32 he is 4-7 years away from losing his skills to the point of needing a QB.

Frankly we would be nuts to DAFT a QB anyway or anytime with a top choice, as the vast majority of the top QB' taken are busts and wastes of picks everyone knows that.

While either or, might be a great QB down the road, there is NO reason to waste a pick for 4 years for now.

We are way to close to winning a Superbowl than go for anything less than what need to get there.
                          Considering it takes a QB at least 3 years when he is actually playing in games to learn our system, I would say it wouldnt be that dumb to draft a QB to fill the needs of 4 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedOrange17
                            I agree witht he fact that we dont need a QB now but they both have huge upsides, but being a student at UofL I am hoping that two years from now the Broncos can somehow get Brian Brohm and he be the QB of the future. but that is just me dreaming cause we are not going to finish low enough in the season to be able to pick him up.

I like your Dumervil selection, he's a beast. Go cards!

Comment

Originally posted by dbjeff
                              If I thought either player was really special, then I would, despite the "we're one player away from the SB and we don't need a QB" views.

But I guess I don't really think either player is that special.

Okay, what does it take for you to think a player is special? Let see, Cutler took lame ass Vanderbilt and had them competing for the first time in the SEC since...since time began. And Vince Young single handedly probably had the greatest game a player has ever had in the National Championship game. Heck, even Lendale White said Young should get picked over Leinart! You're a tough guy to impress.

Comment

Working...
                              X