Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Mega Deal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Potential Mega Deal

    ...no, not involving Denver. Sorry...

    4/24/06(3:20 PM) It looks like this trade is very close to being done. The final deal goes as followed...
    Titans get Jerry Porter, #7 in 2006 draft, Raiders 2nd and 4/5th rounders in 2007 draft.
    Raiders get #3 pick which will be used to draft Leinart
    There's still a bit for Oakland to consider, such as trading all that for Leinart or staying at 7 and taking Young. If this happens, there's a chance that New Orleans drafts Leinart and forces the Raiders to make another deal for him.

    (8:08 AM) Once again we have a new development, but this one is a lot less confusing. The Saints and Jets are now pretty much out of the trade. It's between the Raiders and Titans, with the Raiders giving up #7, #69 and Jerry Porter for the #3 pick which would be used to select Matt Leinart. New Orleans and New York felt the deal would have been far too complicated and that there was a chance neither team would get who they wanted, so they called that off. Condon is still trying to get Leinart top-money, and the Raiders are still trying to get Leinart. Tennessee value's Cutler, Young and Leinart all the same, but would take Leinart at 3 due to his ties with the offense and Norm Chow. So if they move down to 7, they can still pick up Porter, pick #69 and get either Young or Cutler. There's been a lot of stuff swirling around with this trade, but now it's simpler and as of now looks likely.

    (1:04 AM) Well, we've got some more info on that trade, but there's a lot of possibilities. For one, there are players names being thrown around now, those names are Jerry Porter, Dewayne Robinson and maybe Steve McNair. The thing with this trade is that's it's only going to be a three team deal, with either the Titans or Jets not being involved. Which ever team is left out will receive compensation for not picking the guy the teams involved want. What this boils down to is that Tom Condon is the catalyst of this deal, but he has to make sure that Green Bay and San Francisco don't take the guy that the team who moves down to 7 wants. Because this deal will not go through unless the team who moves down to 7 is sure they will get their guy. Condon is apparently close with most front offices and he knows what he's doing. For this deal to go through there may have to be a player going to GB and SF to make sure they don't take the player the team at 7 wants. Whether the trade works out exactly as planned or not, expect a trade in the top 5...
    nfldrafthits.com

    Take it with a grain of salt, but it's still a bit scary. Leinart would make that team a lot better...a lot faster.

  • #2
    Originally posted by WABronco
    ...no, not involving Denver. Sorry...



    nfldrafthits.com

    Take it with a grain of salt, but it's still a bit scary. Leinart would make that team a lot better...a lot faster.
    Yes, but Porter would take away a major target for him.

    hmmmmmm

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cinnamunmun
      Yes, but Porter would take away a major target for him.

      hmmmmmm
      Doug Gabriel is a player...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cinnamunmun
        Yes, but Porter would take away a major target for him.

        hmmmmmm
        Ronald Curry is pretty damn solid though.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Where is this at? is it speculation? rumor?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NBudris
            Where is this at? is it speculation? rumor?
            Probably rumor with all the "Raiders looking to move up in draft" talk.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              I think this would be a dumb move for the Raiders overall, so it makes me really like it a lot.

              Comment


              • #8
                id much rather the raiders got leinhart than vy. and then to lose another player and pick in the bargain, i like this deal. get er done big al!
                "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                  Probably rumor with all the "Raiders looking to move up in draft" talk.
                  it is pretty much all rumor at nfldrafthits.com - just a group of guys' opinions

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I suppose it could happen, but this about the dumbest rumor I've ever seen.


                    The Titans have a slew of very good WRs, including no less then 3 that were drafted last season and showed considerable promise (Jones, Roby, and Williams). NOT to mention, they have Drew Bennett, Tyrone Calico, AND they just signed David Givens to a huge contract.

                    I mean....durr!


                    Also, the Raiders have a pocket passer in development, see last years 3rd round pick, Andrew Walter. If they take a QB, it will be Vince Young.

                    The Titans are the ones that will stay pat and draft Leinart. Norm Chow will see to that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      an immobile QB with a surgically repaired throwing shoulder behind the faiders line? me likey!! he'll be chad pennington pt. II. . . .
                      Officially Objectified by the GPA

                      rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Does anyone just easily picture Vince Young as a Raider? The dude was BORN to play in Oakland... And I think that would be the #1 place for him; instant fan favorite. Brooks would teach Young a thing or too as well, and why draft Leinart when you have Andrew Walter? I would draft Young so I have two polar-opposite QB's to choose from.

                        Raiders shouldn't bite on this. Al, if he knew anything, would draft V.Y.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think Lienart could be a good NFL QB, but I will reserve judgement on him as a "savior" until I see where he's at in about 2 years.

                          How can any college QB not be good, and not put up great stats with 2 first round RB's, a plethora of NFL talent in WR's, TE's, and FB's, and an oline that has sent, and will continue to send players to the NFL year after year?

                          You could put a high school QB in that offense and he would have success.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                            I suppose it could happen, but this about the dumbest rumor I've ever seen.


                            The Titans have a slew of very good WRs, including no less then 3 that were drafted last season and showed considerable promise (Jones, Roby, and Williams). NOT to mention, they have Drew Bennett, Tyrone Calico, AND they just signed David Givens to a huge contract.

                            I mean....durr!


                            Also, the Raiders have a pocket passer in development, see last years 3rd round pick, Andrew Walter. If they take a QB, it will be Vince Young.

                            The Titans are the ones that will stay pat and draft Leinart. Norm Chow will see to that.
                            Wow, didn't even think of that. I suppose they could dump Calico, and Drew Bennet's a FA next year.

                            I dunno, we'll see...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TD Machine
                              Does anyone just easily picture Vince Young as a Raider? The dude was BORN to play in Oakland... And I think that would be the #1 place for him; instant fan favorite. Brooks would teach Young a thing or too as well, and why draft Leinart when you have Andrew Walter? I would draft Young so I have two polar-opposite QB's to choose from.

                              Raiders shouldn't bite on this. Al, if he knew anything, would draft V.Y.


                              the thought of VY as a raider makes me ill. . . . .
                              Officially Objectified by the GPA

                              rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X