Okay, everyone, lets be honest......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, everyone, lets be honest......

I have read and re-read over and over again people complaining about our draft picks and about our missed draft picks, so I pose this question:

Are you ever really going to be happy?

I mean, I didn't think that the Broncos would draft Quentin Griffin, but when they did, I was estatic. There for a while, I thought he was going to work out, but as we all know, it didn't.

I have always thought that Shanahan made good choices, but when they didn't pan out, I didn't blame Shanahan entirely; I believe some blame goes to the player.

Think about it.

If we draft Chad Jackson, and he turns out to be a bust, everyone who didn't want to pick him will feel vindicated, and gripe about how bad Shanahan is at drafting.

If we pass on him, and he becomes the next Marvin Harrison, everyone who wanted to pick him will feel vindicated, and gripe about how bad Shanahan is at drafting.

This could be for any player that you want.

So, answer my poll question.

Will you ever be happy?
    Yes
    57.63%
    No
    10.17%
    What is happiness, really, but a fleeting moment?
    32.20%
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Originally posted by diesel51
    I have read and re-read over and over again people complaining about our draft picks and about our missed draft picks, so I pose this question:

I mean, I didn't think that the Broncos would draft Quentin Griffin, but when they did, I was estatic. There for a while, I thought he was going to work out, but as we all know, it didn't.

I have always thought that Shanahan made good choices, but when they didn't pan out, I didn't blame Shanahan entirely; I believe some blame goes to the player.

Think about it.

If we draft Chad Jackson, and he turns out to be a bust, everyone who didn't want to pick him will feel vindicated, and gripe about how bad Shanahan is at drafting.

If we pass on him, and he becomes the next Marvin Harrison, everyone who wanted to pick him will feel vindicated, and gripe about how bad Shanahan is at drafting.

Will you ever be happy?
    Im thinking same as u, they will never be happy.....

Comment

im already happy with the team
      "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I am always happy!

Comment

Generally, I'm very happy. I do however get frustrated with those who continiously harp one player or another turn it into a personal vendetta.
          Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-25-2006, 01:49 PM.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i have to say what is happiness.. but i am more of a optimist then a pessimist(sp?)
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Think about it.

Will you ever be happy?

Once John raised that First Super Bowl Trophy, I decided to be happy about being a Bronco fan for the rest of my days. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Comment

im happy with this team right now, the draft just makes it more interseting.

Comment

You need an option, "Im already happy and I trust Mike"
                  sigpic

Comment

Think about it.

Will you ever be happy?
                    So who gets the blame?

In Q's situation for example a great player that was injured alot. Why becuase he was trying to hard? OR Just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Can't fault a coach/scout/pseudo GM for that .

But what you can find fault with is drafting someone that was injured in their senior/last year in college and were hoping they could/would be alright.

These players might be alright as FA or taking a flyer on them in the 4-7 rounds but you never never. Take one on the first day.

Especially not a NUMBER ONE. Middlebroken and foster come to mind. one a complete bust and the other IMHO is/was not a #1 OLT that he was touted to be. He may never be a great ORT, God forbid that Lepsis goes down. I think he was subbed out more than any other OL last year.

Toviessi is another classic example of blunder.

We can not afford any more stupid choices.

We are 1-2 players away for the Superbowl. Had we drafted wisely in years past instead of picking many of our busts who really knows how much closer we would ave been over the past 3 years. It may have come down to just one player in those year that might have taken us over the top.

MY classic example is drafting williams the LB when we could have had one of the top DT in the draft Wilfork.
                    Did we need a LB yes but not as much as we needed DL help. We had pierce a highly touted replacement for wilson sitting on the bench. We had other LB we could have played.

Now would they have been as good a williams most likely not. But would they have been almost as effective behind Wilfork? Who knows for sure.

Yes hindsight is the best. But that is what Pat pays his GM to have.

BTW the last #1 pick on teh DL was in 1997 almost TEN I repeat 10 years ago.

GO look at any of the top teams and see how often they make DL a priority with a #1 pick once every four years is about the norm.
                    Last edited by JRWIZ; 04-25-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                      So who gets the blame?

In Q's situation for example a great player that was injured alot. Why becuase he was trying to hard? OR Just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Can't fault a coach/scout/pseudo GM for that .

But what you can find fault with is drafting someone that was injured in their senior/last year in college and were hoping they could/would be alright.

These players might be alright as FA or taking a flyer on them in the 4-7 rounds but you never never. Take one on the first day.

Especially not a NUMBER ONE. Middlebroken and foster come to mind. one a complete bust and the other IMHO is/was not a #1 OLT that he was touted to be. He may never be a great ORT, God forbid that Lepsis goes down. I think he was subbed out more than any other OL last year.

Toviessi is another classic example of blunder.

We can not afford any more stupid choices.

We are 1-2 players away for the Superbowl. Had we drafted wisely in years past instead of picking many of our busts who really knows how much closer we would ave been over the past 3 years. It may have come down to just one player in those year that might have taken us over the top.

MY classic example is drafting williams the LB when we could have had one of the top DT in the draft Wilfork.
                      Did we need a LB yes but not as much as we needed DL help. We had pierce a highly touted replacement for wilson sitting on the bench. We had other LB we could have played.

Now would they have been as good a williams most likely not. But would they have been almost as effective behind Wilfork? Who knows for sure.

Yes hindsight is the best. But that is what Pat pays his GM to have.
                      There i fixed it for ya! Now it has smilies so we know you are happy!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                        There i fixed it for ya! Now it has smilies so we know you are happy!

I'll be happy the day that Mikey hires a bonafide GM that knows personnel and listens to him.

I rarely have problems with his coaching, but I'd guess that NO ONE on this forum has not had a major problem at one time or another with one of his bone headed personnel moves.

If someone wants to step up to say he is the cat's ass on personnel and can do so with not a smile on his/her face.

I want to offer them some Ocean front property here in ELPASO. I'll sell it cheap.

Comment

I'll be happy the day that Mikey hires a bonafide GM that knows personnel and listens to him.

I rarely have problems with his coaching, but I'd guess that NO ONE on this forum has not had a major problem at one time or another with one of his bone headed personnel moves.

If someone wants to step up to say he is the cat's ass on personnel and can do so with not a smile on his/her face.

I want to offer them some Ocean front property here in ELPASO. I'll sell it cheap.
                          soo technically, you can be happy!

Comment

Give me Ngata or Bunkley and I don't care who else is picked. I will be happy as a clam on a dinner plate.
                            The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

Well that is where you would be wrong. No I have never had a major problem moves that have gone bad. I haven't always liked every move he's made, but I don't come to the MB or sit around wallowing in it. I get over and move on. Its a terrible waste of energy and time to constantly whine about the same things over and over and over again.
                              Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-25-2006, 02:57 PM.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X