Okay, everyone, lets be honest......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colorado69
    "Our best picks are the ones where we take a guy about the range where he should be drafted." Duh???? Who determines where the player should be chosen? There are only ten thousand opinions and mock drafts trying to influence the final pick decisions. Your statement is like saying Elway was a great player. Of course he was, and determining if a pick is made at an appropriate time can only be established after the fact. Usually two-three years down the road. As so many intelligent GMs and coaches have said, the draft is a crap shoot. No matter how much information and preparation, you can draft a bust at any spot in the draft. NFL.com had an article where the general concensus(sp) was that every team has about 20% busts. If they do better in any draft, they consider it a good overall draft. Every GM/head coach has made mistakes and Shannahan is no better or worse in the general scheme of things. Because Shannahan is an outstanding offensive schemer, his overall grade as the EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS is pretty good. Since his winning record is the best since he became the Head Coach/EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS he should be considered good at his job. I just don't understand all the whinning about the organization. If they don't draft your favorite player, maybe they weren't wearing the same set of blinders that you are wearing.
    You may have a good points in there somewhere.

But it is to hard to read please break it up a bit by using the enter button and make some samller paragraphs.

I tried to send you a PM but it is not avail in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69
      "Our best picks are the ones where we take a guy about the range where he should be drafted." Duh???? Who determines where the player should be chosen? There are only ten thousand opinions and mock drafts trying to influence the final pick decisions. Your statement is like saying Elway was a great player. Of course he was, and determining if a pick is made at an appropriate time can only be established after the fact. Usually two-three years down the road. As so many intelligent GMs and coaches have said, the draft is a crap shoot. No matter how much information and preparation, you can draft a bust at any spot in the draft. NFL.com had an article where the general concensus(sp) was that every team has about 20% busts. If they do better in any draft, they consider it a good overall draft. Every GM/head coach has made mistakes and Shannahan is no better or worse in the general scheme of things. Because Shannahan is an outstanding offensive schemer, his overall grade as the EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS is pretty good. Since his winning record is the best since he became the Head Coach/EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS he should be considered good at his job. I just don't understand all the whinning about the organization. If they don't draft your favorite player, maybe they weren't wearing the same set of blinders that you are wearing.
      If you ask some guys everyone and their dog new a guy like Ed Reed was sure fire stud saftey that's why he didn't go until the 24th pick of his draft class. Right Jr?
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I'll be happy when the Broncos have an undefeated season and/or 3 Super Bowls in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftBlackNinja
          I'll be happy when the Broncos have an undefeated season and/or 3 Super Bowls in a row.

Guy then are more than likely going always be unhappy. Both of those things are astronomical long shots.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            If you ask some guys everyone and their dog new a guy like Ed Reed was sure fire stud safety that's why he didn't go until the 24th pick of his draft class. Right Jr?

Typically Top FS are drafted as an average of #40.4 in the draft. If you go back to the 1st and 2nd choices in the draft since 2000 a small statistical average but pertainent to this case.
            http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/FS

Typically Top SS are drafted as an average of #40.7 in the draft. If you go back to the 1st and 2nd choices in the draft since 2000 the same small statistical average as above.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/SS

So going by those numbers it seems he was thought of more highly than average.

Comment

Working...
            X