Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Williams Is FREE!!!(To BE A BRONCO)[email protected]!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would give them one of our 4th rounders this year or a pick next year...

Say:

1200+ would be a 2nd in 07
    800 ish would be a 3rd in 07
    less than that would be a 4th in 07

Humm... shanny likes to gamble. Might be worth the risk.

Comment

no way for a second rounder.

our 3rd being the 68, id rather not. or at least get a 6th or 7th back as well.

for a 4th, im all for it. boo-yah!

but i dont think he beats out dayne for the #1 spot.
      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT
        There is absolutely no way that we give up a second for Ricky. NO WAY!!!!!!!!

the way i see it go down is like this .. Ricky doesnt have much appeal to him at the moment due to his ?'s does miami give up a great running back who is a great number one and a frigging awesome num 2 for a 4 rounder (most likely not gonna make the nfl)when he is that cheap .. i doubt it .. and i dont think mike is that crazy to give up a second for him ..which has the chance to be a good back up or a possible starter on this team..i dont think his track record is that good so denver i HOPE does not do this.. the only way i see this trade go down is if the broncos trade ashley for williams.. providing denver gets walker
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

If we bring ricky on board, i hope we'll trade our 3rd rounder. But in addition, i hope that shanny doesn't draft another rb unless he decides to draft one late on the 2nd day. A 2nd rounder for ricky is steep! And who really knows what his attitude will be like once he's in our lockerroom? With that said, i have a feeling that cobbs, sapp or miree could be cut down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
            If we bring ricky on board, i hope we'll trade our 3rd rounder. But in addition, i hope that shanny doesn't draft another rb unless he decides to draft one late on the 2nd day. A 2nd rounder for ricky is steep! And who really knows what his attitude will be like once he's in our lockerroom? With that said, i have a feeling that cobbs, sapp or miree could be cut down the road.
            with my vote being miree

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
              Any pick is "steep" for williams

I am sure a trade for williams will be around a 5-6 rounder

4th pick will be the lowest (and thats very steep)

Comment

I'm for it!

If Mr. Williams was cleared, then apparently he did not violate the policy and he does have enough constraint not to use the sticky. The NFL would not clear him just because he missed one year and four games last year, the league does not feel sorry for no one!!! Third round pick seems about right.
                The Train stops here!!

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
                  I know a few of ya'll are quite excited about this. I'm still guardedly optimistic. He COULD be amazing for us. But let's face it if ya like the chronic enough to walk away from your career once, maybe ya like it a little too much. And he does have a few miles on him. As a Saint he's was option A,B, and C! He ain't old but he's elderly maybe.

I am intrigued by Cedric Cobb, Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne who are already on our team and don't have to be traded for. I think they all have a legitimate shot (depending on several factors of course) of being a real stud in our system. And I'm intrigued by some of the guys available in the draft who may not have the same risks as Ricky. Don't get me wrong Ricky was THE MAN, but he comes with some risk, maybe greater than the risks with our current guys and possible draft options. So I'm not jumping for joy just yet. But I wouldn't be horribly dissappointed if we got him for a 3rd or 4th. As long as we still have a pick to trade for Walker.
                  He was also option A, B and C in Miami most of the time as well.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                    The main reason he left was because he didn't want to "get hurt" since his best friend had just been paralized.
                    Wow I really had never heard that. If you ever get a chance see if you can find a link to an article. That would be enlightening news!
                    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

I have two main concerns (which have already been mentioned) about trading for Ricky Williams:

1) A 2nd round pick is way too high for a risky proposition like him. A 4th rounder at the highest, and hopefully lower, would be okay IMO.

2) Reports of Williams losing more of his bulk this offseason also have me concerned. Anybody know how much we're talking? This guy is supposed to be a power runner and his weight will directly tie in to his power.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

??????

Ok, one thread over (no on Ricky Williams) they said he LOST his appeal. So what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                          I have two main concerns (which have already been mentioned) about trading for Ricky Williams:

1) A 2nd round pick is way too high for a risky proposition like him. A 4th rounder at the highest, and hopefully lower, would be okay IMO.

2) Reports of Williams losing more of his bulk this offseason also have me concerned. Anybody know how much we're talking? This guy is supposed to be a power runner and his weight will directly tie in to his power.

if my memory serves me correct he came into the leauge at 230 last year i heard he was 200 or so .. so i would say the math would put him190 or so

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT
                            There is absolutely no way that we give up a second for Ricky. NO WAY!!!!!!!!
                            Y not? U don't want 3 thousand yard backs?

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                              Ok, one thread over (no on Ricky Williams) they said he LOST his appeal. So what is it?
                              NFL Network just said he has lost it.

This thread is bogus
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by denverownraider
                                Y not? U don't want 3 thousand yard backs?
                                lol what in all my years i have NEVER seen a running back do it

Comment

Working...
                                X