Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Williams Is FREE!!!(To BE A BRONCO)[email protected]!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    NFL Network just said he has lost it.

This thread is bogus

well, maybe we can make a trade for TO?
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

For the doubters:
      Dolphins | Williams loses appeal
      Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:10:31 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams lost his appeal of a fourth violation of the NFL substance-abuse policy and will be suspended for one year, a according to a source. Williams was informed by the NFL Tuesday, April 25. Williams will now miss the entire 2006 season. He can apply for reinstatement after that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
        lol what in all my years i have NEVER seen a running back do it
        I was thinking more like Tatum Bell, Ron dayne,Ricky williams!

Comment

Originally posted by denverownraider
          I was thinking more like Tatum Bell, Ron dayne,Ricky williams!
          and i come back with my origonal statement ...lol what in all my years i have NEVER seen a running back do it
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Posted on Tue, Apr. 25, 2006

Dolphins' Williams loses appeal; suspended for 2006

BY JASON COLE
            [email protected]

Dolphins running back Ricky Williams lost his appeal of a fourth violation of the NFL substance-abuse policy and will be suspended for one year, a source said told the Miami Herald on Tuesday evening.

Williams was informed by the NFL on Tuesday. He had appealed the violation, which occurred in late December, to the league on April 10. Attorney David Cornwell had expressed hope after the appeal that the league would rule in Williams' favor.

That hope was based on the fact that Williams did not test positive for marijuana, the substance he had tested positive for on three previous occasions. The substance he tested positive for is unknown, but agent Leigh Steinberg has hinted that it was an ''upper'' and a drug not in keeping with Williams' personality.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the news, meaning Williams will miss the entire 2006 season -- including the playoffs. He can apply for reinstatement after that.

link
            Last edited by dogfish; 04-25-2006, 04:32 PM.
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish

BY JASON COLE
              [email protected]

Dolphins running back Ricky Williams lost his appeal of a fourth violation of the NFL substance-abuse policy and will be suspended for one year, a source said told the Miami Herald on Tuesday evening.

Williams was informed by the NFL on Tuesday. He had appealed the violation, which occurred in late December, to the league on April 10. Attorney David Cornwell had expressed hope after the appeal that the league would rule in Williams' favor.

That hope was based on the fact that Williams did not test positive for marijuana, the substance he had tested positive for on three previous occasions. The substance he tested positive for is unknown, but agent Leigh Steinberg has hinted that it was an ''upper'' and a drug not in keeping with Williams' personality.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the news, meaning Williams will miss the entire 2006 season -- including the playoffs. He can apply for reinstatement after that.

link
              Smoke'um if ya got'um...puff...puff
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                Smoke'um if ya got'um...puff...puff
                I was one of the ones that would loved to have seen him play in Denver...

However I am not even the slightest bit disappointed he won't be. And this was pretty funny.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                  Ok, one thread over (no on Ricky Williams) they said he LOST his appeal. So what is it?

I saw the same thing HP what is it?????????????????

EDIT I just saw Theshivermans link oh well..Life goes on.
                  Last edited by bronco bible; 04-25-2006, 04:52 PM.

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
                  R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

Originally posted by bronco bible
                    I saw the same thing HP what is it?????????????????

did ya miss post #35?

it's straight from the miami herald. . . . . .
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Let's all join in and sing now!

"Legalize the Marijuana, ye-ah!
                      Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!
                      Down here in Denver, ye-ah!
                      Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!
                      Only cure for glaucoma, ye-ah!
                      Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!
                      Ricky am de' bush doctor, ye-ah!
                      Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!

And they'll be No-need to run and hide!
                      When he's tak-in a legal ride now!"

-- (with appologizes to) Peter Tosh, "Legalize it Don't Criticize It!"

I think Ricky could be great, but he'll be somewhat of a risk. I assume that if Shanahan is thinking of trading a 2nd round pick for Ricky, it's the #61 pick and not the #37 pick. (That still seems high).

That means:

#15 pick (potentially traded to Green Bay along with the #37 pick plus Lelie and possibly a 4th rounder for Green Bay's #5 pick) . . . so

#5 Vernon Davis

#15 traded to Green Bay
                      #37 traded to Green Bay
                      #61 traded to Miami for Ricky Williams

Denver gets:
                      1. Javon Walker
                      2. Ricky Williams
                      3. Vernon Davis

Not too shabby actually, IF Ricky can avoid toking up for a couple of years.

(Who am I kidding? No WAY he can avoid toking up for a few years!)

At least you can't criticize Shanahan for failing to take chances to make the team better.

Those 3 players if they could be gotten would make a potentially huge impact on the Broncos over the next 3 years. That would be some serious offensive talent upgrades!
                      Last edited by Cugel; 04-25-2006, 05:06 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

I think Ricky could be great, but he'll be somewhat of a risk. I assume that if Shanahan is thinking of trading a 2nd round pick for Ricky, it's the #61 pick and not the #37 pick. (That still seems high).

That means:

#15 pick (potentially traded to Green Bay along with the #37 pick plus Lelie and possibly a 4th rounder for Green Bay's #5 pick) . . . so

#5 Vernon Davis

#15 traded to Green Bay
                        #37 traded to Green Bay
                        #61 traded to Miami for Ricky Williams

Denver gets:
                        1. Javon Walker
                        2. Ricky Williams
                        3. Vernon Davis

Not too shabby actually, IF Ricky can avoid toking up for a couple of years.

(Who am I kidding? No WAY he can avoid toking up for a few years!)

At least you can't criticize Shanahan for failing to take chances to make the team better.

Those 3 players if they could be gotten would make a potentially huge impact on the Broncos over the next 3 years. That would be some serious offensive talent upgrades!

Where have you been! He lost the appeal, post #35
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish

BY JASON COLE
                          [email protected]

link
                          Great!! I didn't want Ricky Williams....didn't trust him. The more I read about "Lelie's a bust", the more I wanted to when I read about how great Williams would be here. Ricky Williams is an unbelievable talent...... but what does that matter if he can't stay on the field?? Had Mike Anderson been replaced with Ricky....................
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Wtf???

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT!!! Rickys been suspended for the 2006 season.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2421774

Comment

oops... sorry my bad

Comment

Working...
                                X