Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which 2nd-3rd Rd RB is worth the pick?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which 2nd-3rd Rd RB is worth the pick?

    Who do the Broncos take at RB in the 2nd or 3rd? Drew, Calhoun or Addai? Or do you take Stovall in the 2nd and then grab a DE or TE and run with the RB's you have?

    This is taking into account that Mr. Hooka is suspended and Denver doesn't trade for Javon Walker.
    MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

  • #2
    Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
    Who do the Broncos take at RB in the 2nd or 3rd? Drew, Calhoun or Addai? Or do you take Stovall in the 2nd and then grab a DE or TE and run with the RB's you have?

    This is taking into account that Mr. Hooka is suspended and Denver doesn't trade for Javon Walker.
    I will have to say


    D final answer

    None of the above

    Comment


    • #3
      They're going to pick an RB somewhere!

      Originally posted by NBudris
      I will have to say


      D final answer

      None of the above
      I'm not saying I'm really high on any of these guys...but Denver WILL more than likely pick an RB in 2nd or 3rd given the # of picks they own. If I had to reach, I'd say Addai would be the best bet in the 2nd to take, and at a much better value than @ 15. Addai has had some knee issues in the past but he seems to have a much better frame fit for an every down back 5'11" 215lbs.
      MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

      Comment


      • #4
        I like Drew. He can be used in passing situations as a backfield receiver and can help return kicks to the house. He could develop into a 2-3 down back in time.

        Comment


        • #5
          *searching for Mike Bell's name*

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by West
            *searching for Mike Bell's name*
            I was just thinking the same thing.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #7
              I thought about that....

              Originally posted by TXBRONC
              I was just thinking the same thing.
              I thought about that...but I haven't seen him pop up on the Bronco radar anywhere, probably because of his lack of production from a week conference. His size is good @ 6'1" and 217lbs....but his lack of speed may hurt him. Also is the fact that I don't think Bell goes until late 3rd round where I think the Bronco's have already made their selection. It just seems that we SHOULDN'T draft a round 1 RB....but the best selection in the 2nd seems to be Drew...just because of his versatility....but flashbacks of JJ Arrington here in Phoenix keep me up at nights with this kid. Fast as all getout....but no size.
              MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                I thought about that...but I haven't seen him pop up on the Bronco radar anywhere, probably because of his lack of production from a week conference. His size is good @ 6'1" and 217lbs....but his lack of speed may hurt him. Also is the fact that I don't think Bell goes until late 3rd round where I think the Bronco's have already made their selection. It just seems that we SHOULDN'T draft a round 1 RB....but the best selection in the 2nd seems to be Drew...just because of his versatility....but flashbacks of JJ Arrington here in Phoenix keep me up at nights with this kid. Fast as all getout....but no size.

                Remember TD was considered slow and he was a back to Hearst during his stay UGA. From what I have been able to gather thus far Addai and Bell seem like they would each be agood fit if we're not going draft a rb in the 1st round.
                John 11: 25-27

                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                Thanks Snk16

                Comment


                • #9
                  If Mike bell is around at lets say the 5th round I say we take him, Rookie runningbacks traditionally don't start in denver unless of injury. I think the only exception was the exceptional Terrell Davis.

                  "OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

                  "....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

                  "My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    joseph addai
                    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ya, Ive been thinking Mike Bell. Maybe with a 4th rounder
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                        I thought about that...but I haven't seen him pop up on the Bronco radar anywhere, probably because of his lack of production from a week conference. His size is good @ 6'1" and 217lbs....but his lack of speed may hurt him. Also is the fact that I don't think Bell goes until late 3rd round where I think the Bronco's have already made their selection. It just seems that we SHOULDN'T draft a round 1 RB....but the best selection in the 2nd seems to be Drew...just because of his versatility....but flashbacks of JJ Arrington here in Phoenix keep me up at nights with this kid. Fast as all getout....but no size.
                        Clearly you haven't read that Bell wants to be a Bronco, he modelled his game after TD and the Broncos were very interested in him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                          I thought about that...but I haven't seen him pop up on the Bronco radar anywhere, probably because of his lack of production from a week conference. His size is good @ 6'1" and 217lbs....but his lack of speed may hurt him. Also is the fact that I don't think Bell goes until late 3rd round where I think the Bronco's have already made their selection. It just seems that we SHOULDN'T draft a round 1 RB....but the best selection in the 2nd seems to be Drew...just because of his versatility....but flashbacks of JJ Arrington here in Phoenix keep me up at nights with this kid. Fast as all getout....but no size.
                          I thought he was projected to go in the 4th or 5th round?

                          if we dont take DeAngelo at #15 I want Mike Bell. This guy reminds me of TD.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mike Bell in the 4th rd.

                            Unless we take a RB in the 1st rd. (hopefully trading down from #15 in the process), the 2nd/3rd rd. picks should be used for some combination WR, TE, DE and DT. We already have a RB prospect in Cobb. Cobb may or may not beat out a rookie RB, but isn't a bad #3 option after having a year on the practice squad to learn the system.
                            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                            R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ricky caused a ripple....

                              Originally posted by TDforTatum26
                              I thought he was projected to go in the 4th or 5th round?

                              if we dont take DeAngelo at #15 I want Mike Bell. This guy reminds me of TD.
                              Now that Saban has stated he needs to find a backup to Ronnie Brown with Ricky's suspension....Bell, Drew and Addai all became more valuable and seemed to have moved up the board. It's pretty consistent that Bush, Maroney, Williams and White will go Round 1. That leaves Drew, Bell and Addai as the last of the impressive bunch to go in the next 2 rounds....and I've been reading that they're moving up because of a major run on the top 5 in the 1st round. I'm not completely sold on Bell though....I've watched him here in AZ and he's not that impressive. My wife is a AZ alumni...and when you watch him he just seems mediocre.
                              MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X