OK, say we trade up to #5 and THEN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, say we trade up to #5 and THEN...

OK, say we trade up to #5 with the intent of drafting Vernon Davis. Who's to say the Al Davis doesn't want to spite Mike Shanahan enough to trade up into the top 4 and nab Vernon before we can?

Don't put it past Al "Satan" Davis.

So, what would we do then?

Bush and Williams should definitely go in the top 4. If the Raiders traded up and took Davis then that would mean either Brick or one of the QBs would likely be the other pick.

There would be a chance that we are stuck looking at our choice of QBs (and despite what some of you want, Shanny isn't taking a QB that high) or maybe Ferguson. But we don't really need to waste that kind of money on an OT when our line does the job really good as is and Lepsis isn't going anywhere.

So, do we take Hawk? Hell, no. No more linebackers are needed, at least not that high in the draft.

Bunkley, Ngata, and Huff would be about our only other options. But are any of them worthy of the #5 pick and the money involved? Not in my opinion.

If we trade up to #5 to get Vernon Davis, the Raiders and Al Davis could seriously stick it to Shanahan by moving up and snatching him from our grasp. What do you think? Anybody else think Al Davis would just LOVE to bust Shanny's chops?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

If he takes Davis, we take Vince Young, or Hali... No skin off of my back

Comment

You say, "eff it" and take Vince Young...

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
        If he takes Davis, we take Vince Young, or Hali... No skin off of my back
        Tamba Hali with the #5 overall pick!

As for Young, I'm will be S-T-U-N-N-E-D if Shanny takes a quarterback in the first round. We just gave Jake his roster bonus and there is no way Shanny is going to undermine his confidence by taking a QB with the #5 pick. He'd basically be telling Jake that he'd be leaving town the next year. Ain't gonna happen, IMO.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          You say, "eff it" and take Vince Young...
          Yea because he needs a little time to refine himself and adjust to the NFL. Plus, if Al Davis made a trade like that just to spite the Broncos it would end up hurting him more in the long run anyways.

Comment

I guess we'll see if that time comes.

But, say we do get the Jets pick, the teams in the top 3 would have to want to trade down. Houston's not trading down from 1. NO likes Mario or Leinart. Tennessee is deciding between Young and Leinart. Don't know if anyone would want to move down...

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              Tamba Hali with the #5 overall pick!

As for Young, I'm will be S-T-U-N-N-E-D if Shanny takes a quarterback in the first round. We just gave Jake his roster bonus and there is no way Shanny is going to undermine his confidence by taking a QB with the #5 pick. He'd basically be telling Jake that he'd be leaving town the next year. Ain't gonna happen, IMO.
              Sorry, I meant Ngata

Comment

Ngata.

I think Green Bay will stay put and draft him anyway at #5. We've learned, straight from Ray Lewis' mouth no less, that a LB is nothing without the elite DTs in front of him.

Thus, AJ Hawk takes a back seat to Ngata.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                  Ngata.

I think Green Bay will stay put and draft him anyway at #5. We've learned, straight from Ray Lewis' mouth no less, that a LB is nothing without the elite DTs in front of him.

Thus, AJ Hawk takes a back seat to Ngata.

With that saying I don't think niners will pass up on hawk for VD, then raiders need QB VD will slip down between 8-10

Comment

Thats why if the rumors are true Denver won't (or shouldn't anyways) make this deal till Greenbay is on the clock and either Davis or Williams is still on the board.

You are right If denver trades up and both those 2 are gone,It would be a major flop.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                      With that saying I don't think niners will pass up on hawk for VD, then raiders need QB VD will slip down between 8-10

Well, we saw this last season as well.

Derrick Johnson is a much better LB then AJ Hawk. AJ Hawk is just the best LB in this draft.

Derrick Johnson was a "lock" top 5 pick, but he fell to 13ish I believe. LBs just dont get drafted very high, but anything is possible.

Comment

49ers would be stoopid not to take VD. VD would be great for Alex Smith. He'll need a great hands dump-off.

If Broncos are gonna pull off any trade to move up w/GB or NYJ it will not happen till the draft and when that team picks, just so no one can undercut them.

Comment

I don't think the Raiders would give up that much and waste a high 1st rd pick like that just to burn us. I think they are set on Young if he falls and if they trade up it would be to get Young.
                          Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                            Well, we saw this last season as well.

Derrick Johnson is a much better LB then AJ Hawk. AJ Hawk is just the best LB in this draft.

Derrick Johnson was a "lock" top 5 pick, but he fell to 13ish I believe. LBs just dont get drafted very high, but anything is possible.
                            there is no way aj isnt better than derrick
                            "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by TXBroncosFan77
                              49ers would be stoopid not to take VD. VD would be great for Alex Smith. He'll need a great hands dump-off.

If Broncos are gonna pull off any trade to move up w/GB or NYJ it will not happen till the draft and when that team picks, just so no one can undercut them.

Isn't "stoopid" the 49ers motto?

Comment

Working...
                              X