Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VADER72
    replied
    Denver coaches already have seen Bloom in action. No need to see him work out. I love to have him be our kick/punt returner.

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    replied
    You have to realize, the reason Darrent Williams was drafted, was just because of his kick return/ punt return skills. It was just a bonus that he turned out to be a stud CB.

Shanny didnt hesitate to use a 2nd rounder on that position... So I dunno

Leave a comment:

• quiksilverkid13
    replied
    I understand the Bronco's reasoning behind this. The man hasn't played football in a long time. And was better at returning punts than being a reciever when he did. I still would like to get him in a late round pick, but no harm no foul if we don't.

Leave a comment:

• HolyDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    Being a local yokel, maybe they have seen all they need to see? (This could be a good or bad thing).

That's exactly right. He trained with McCaffrey...................I think they will simply ask for his opinion whether Bloom can play or not. Plus, if they act uninterested, they have a better shot at him in the later rounds. ...................Van Pelt was a 7th round pick.............Sapp wasn't drafted................They know all about the local guys. The only reason the other 31 teams were there is because they don't.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Yes, I wouldn't take that as etched in stone. The Broncos can be a funny lot in that way. For instance, they had shown absolutely no interest in D.J. Williams before his draft, then . . . well, you know the story.

-----

the double-reverse isn't the only misdirection play in shanny's playbook. . . .

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish
    so they didn't attend his workout-- that means absolutely nothing. . . . our chances of drafting him are exactly what they were before. . . . players drafted by the broncos often report that the team had shown zero interest in them before the draft-- shanny likes to disguise his intentions. . . . don't despair yet GPA!

Yes, I wouldn't take that as etched in stone. The Broncos can be a funny lot in that way. For instance, they had shown absolutely no interest in D.J. Williams before his draft, then . . . well, you know the story.

-----

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    so they didn't attend his workout-- that means absolutely nothing. . . . our chances of drafting him are exactly what they were before. . . . players drafted by the broncos often report that the team had shown zero interest in them before the draft-- shanny likes to disguise his intentions. . . . don't despair yet GPA!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Being a local yokel, maybe they have seen all they need to see? (This could be a good or bad thing).

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws
    No Bloom for us

From a purely female point of view, that is sad

From a footballing point of view, I'm somewhat surprised to hear that he would be considered as a first day pick, what with him being a bit of an unknown quantity after being out of the game for a while.

There there sharks don't cry. Besides with the handsome guys on this board y'all shouldn't be too sad.

*flexes massive muscles*

*balloons pop*

Leave a comment:

• Iceman_44b
    replied
    Thats good news!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    No Bloom for us

From a purely female point of view, that is sad

From a footballing point of view, I'm somewhat surprised to hear that he would be considered as a first day pick, what with him being a bit of an unknown quantity after being out of the game for a while.

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    started a topic No Bloom for us

No Bloom for us

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3751785

Bloom hoping to catch a break in career switch
    By Mike Klis
    Denver Post Staff Writer

Jeremy Bloom (Post file)

His snow skis stowed in his recent past, Jeremy Bloom is looking ahead to the uncertain terrain that is the NFL draft, seeking a finish that is out of his control.

The goal is to hear his name on the first day, which means anywhere in the third round. If he does go that high, don't expect the announcement to come from the local team.

A little more than three weeks ago, Bloom invited all 32 NFL teams to his training complex in Redondo Beach, Calif., to watch him work out. There he would perform drills for the first time since speeding down Folsom Field for the University of Colorado nearly three years ago.

"Thirty-one teams were there," Bloom said. "Guess which one team wasn't there."

The Broncos figure to select a wide receiver from the early rounds of this weekend's draft, but Bloom isn't among their otherwise fairly long list of candidates.

"It's not a negative thing, it's just kind of ironic," Bloom said. "Kind of funny."

Bloom had touchdown returns of 75 (against Colorado State), 80 (Oklahoma) and 88 yards (Kansas Sate), plus scoring receptions of 81 (Florida State) and 94 yards (K-State) by the end of his sophomore year, but he was forced to surrender his upperclassman football seasons at CU because of issues with sponsorship money.

He made the U.S. Olympic ski team, but finished sixth in his mogul event two months ago in Italy. Now, he's giving football another go. Although he has repacked 12 pounds of muscle on his body since the Olympics, Bloom's impressive speed currently lies with his football tape.

He was

Advertisement
    Click Here!

clocked unofficially at 4.49 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis in late February - slow for an NFL wide receiver of his size.

"My jets weren't on that day," Bloom said. "My ski jets were."

A tight hamstring prevented him from running the 40 at his workout day in California, leaving NFL scouts guessing more than usual on whether he can produce on Sunday.

"He is hard to evaluate, mainly because he's been away from the game for so long," said Jeffrey Foster, president of National Football Scouting, a service that works with 17 NFL teams, including the Broncos. "You do see some of the athletic skills he shows in skiing transfer to what he can do on the football field. And he showed in Colorado the ability to do different things.

"When you compare him to other players of his size and speed at the position who have played more recently, I think you get an exciting athlete who could very well develop into a good football player. Time will be the test for him."

Bloom hopes his time comes Saturday.

Mike Klis can be reached at 303-820-5440 or [email protected].

Sorry GPA
Working...
X