X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stephens26
    replied
    Mario

They should draft Mario because next year they will suck (again) and can draft Adrian Peterson.

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Originally posted by myoung
    Most DEs that are drafted number 1 never win a SB either. In fact the only DL example that I see winning the SB is Russell Maryland and you can't feel he was even a major reason the cowboys won the SB. He is not even a DE. This is not a good argument at all and I think history shows it.

Since 1980 the following DL have been select number 1

Kenneth Sims
    Bruce Smith
    Russell Maryland
    Steve Emtman
    Courtney Brown

and the following rbs have been select number 1

billy sims
    George Rogers
    Bo Jackson
    ki Jana Carter

Both lists have there list of good players and some were flops.

I think the problem is that most teams selecting number 1 do not win a SB in the short term. The other reality is that football is truly a team game. Even the best impact players in the league may not ever have enough around them to win a SB.
    I was just stating why they would go with Williams because they are obviously considering it. People just talk like Bush is the answer and with him they will be unstoppable or something.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by jhns
    The biggest argument I have heard is for one, most all the running backs selected with a top pick never win super bowls. Williams would play all game on defense and help against the run and pressuring throws also, it isn't just the sacks that a DE brings to the table. The biggest point is Bush is small and I've heard more that he is probably going to be a less than 20 carry a game back because of that.
    Most DEs that are drafted number 1 never win a SB either. In fact the only DL example that I see winning the SB is Russell Maryland and you can't feel he was even a major reason the cowboys won the SB. He is not even a DE. This is not a good argument at all and I think history shows it.

Since 1980 the following DL have been select number 1

Kenneth Sims
    Bruce Smith
    Russell Maryland
    Steve Emtman
    Courtney Brown

and the following rbs have been select number 1

billy sims
    George Rogers
    Bo Jackson
    ki Jana Carter

Both lists have there list of good players and some were flops.

I think the problem is that most teams selecting number 1 do not win a SB in the short term. The other reality is that football is truly a team game. Even the best impact players in the league may not ever have enough around them to win a SB.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    NOOOOOO. Somebody in Houston please send the Texans Organization the "Bush Tape".

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
    Bush is going to be the #1 overall pick.
    Why would you pass up on a once in a lifetime type player?
    Bush will be a Pro-Bowler for years to come.

Like it was said on NFL Network, "I would rather have a guy that would touch the ball 20-25 times a game (Bush), rather than someone who would get to the QB 2 or 3 times". 2 or 3 sacks a game is awesome which would be 32 or 48 on the year and that would be AMAZING, but it won't happen.

Bush will make more of an impact than Williams will and Bush will sell more tickets.
    The biggest argument I have heard is for one, most all the running backs selected with a top pick never win super bowls. Williams would play all game on defense and help against the run and pressuring throws also, it isn't just the sacks that a DE brings to the table. The biggest point is Bush is small and I've heard more that he is probably going to be a less than 20 carry a game back because of that.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBuckeye
    replied
    Bush is going to be the #1 overall pick.
    Why would you pass up on a once in a lifetime type player?
    Bush will be a Pro-Bowler for years to come.

Like it was said on NFL Network, "I would rather have a guy that would touch the ball 20-25 times a game (Bush), rather than someone who would get to the QB 2 or 3 times". 2 or 3 sacks a game is awesome which would be 32 or 48 on the year and that would be AMAZING, but it won't happen.

Bush will make more of an impact than Williams will and Bush will sell more tickets.

Leave a comment:

• Dry Kill Logic
    replied
    He should not go until the second rd. He is not as good as everyone thinks.

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    started a topic Young not going #1

Young not going #1

As if anyone didn't already know this but it does show that they are putting thought into getting Mario Williams instead of Bush with the #1 pick.

04-26-2006 2:47 PM
    By KRISTIE RIEKEN, AP Sports Writer

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans will take Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush or North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams with the first pick in Saturday's draft, general manager Charley Casserly said Wednesday.

The Texans dashed the hopes of University of Texas fans everywhere who have been clamoring for the team to pick Vince Young, a Houston native who led the Longhorns to a Rose Bowl victory over Bush and USC.

"We came to the conclusion that to draft a quarterback, whether it be Vince Young, Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler, was not the best thing for this football team," Casserly said. "The best thing for this football team was to use the first pick in this draft to add a premier player at another position."

Casserly said that part of their decision-making process involved contacting other teams to see if there was any interest in trading for their pick.

"Right now we have nobody interested in that first pick, so we have gone ahead and begun negotiations with two players," Casserly said.
Working...
X