Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why DE/DT is not a great idea this year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why DE/DT is not a great idea this year....

Everyone has their picks ( I certainly do) but what is best for the team this year? The Defense was kept intact this offseason which is exactly what Shanahan had publiclly stated he wanted to do. Threfore he seems pretty happy with their performance. The D line is fairly young...so their isn't immediate need there. They could use a few safety's....but the D seems set. It appears to me that the biggest need is in the receiving corps. Rod is 36....Ashley isn't here after this season regardless. SO....next years starting WR....David Terrell, Darius Watts and Charlie Adams????? Not very inspiring there. It just appears that Denver needs to make a run at a game changing TE and WR. That's why the trade for Walker and a possible grab of Jackson or Holmes at 15 seems logical. Any thoughts
    MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

u could get a good Wr in the second
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
      u could get a good Wr in the second
      True but after seeing Chad Jackson catch 27 balls in a row during the draft challenge, Id say hes worth alot more in the first than any DT that falls to 15 on draft day.

Comment

yes but is catchin a ball like that the same as catchin a ball with a defender in your face and also knowin as soon as you catch it you will get smashed with a defender......it just aint the same and those 27 catches dont prove anything to me
        "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
          True but after seeing Chad Jackson catch 27 balls in a row during the draft challenge, Id say hes worth alot more in the first than any DT that falls to 15 on draft day.

and he didnt catch them all in a row.....i seen him drop some very easy ones but also catch some hard ones i will find a link to the video for you

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sktpjvtz9iQ
            there ya go

Comment

and he didnt catch them all in a row.....i seen him drop some very easy ones but also catch some hard ones i will find a link to the video for you
              hehe I was wondering if youd catch that. Seriously it stands for something, the guy has talent and Im not gonna get into an argument over this, I believe hes whats best for Denver at number 15.
              But its obivious your content on a DE/DT.

Comment

Hey dont get mad I was only posting an opinion.
                HERE YOU GO www.apa.org/pubinfo/anger.html its a link for anger managment!

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                  Everyone has their picks ( I certainly do) but what is best for the team this year? The Defense was kept intact this offseason which is exactly what Shanahan had publiclly stated he wanted to do. Threfore he seems pretty happy with their performance. The D line is fairly young...so their isn't immediate need there.
                  I can't figure out why so many people seem to think our defensive line is set. We've got a couple of decent players there but we could definitely use a premier defensive lineman or two.

If any top DE or DT slips to us early or there's a potential diamond in the rough late, I would definitely want the Broncos to take them. Quantity is not the same as quality. And we need some more quality defensive linemen who can hopefully produce sacks.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Yeah....

Originally posted by SM19
                    Jackson is not better at what he does than Haloti Ngata or Brodrick Bunkley are at what they do.
                    But I don't think Ngata and Bunkley are very good at what they do either I think Ngata is going to be a good NFL DT...but with just signing Warren...it's a redundant pick. Myers was hand chosen by Shanahan in the trade. I like the idea of depth at Dline...but too much is just wasted space...remember everyone we do have a roster cap. We'll end up with 15 D line players and only 2 QBs on game day if we keep picking them up

Honestly..DT is not a need....DE could be a need but you have to get a game changer..and there are too many holes in Manny Lawsons resume to warrant a 15 pick. Honestly...you CAN get a good receiver in the 2nd...2 with the picks we have....I'd be more than willing to trade up for Vernon Davis...but a cheaper and possibly more lucrative option would be trading up for Huff. He'll make more of an impact that Ngata or Bunkley can rotating in the Defensive merry-go-round.
                    MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X