#5 Packers Pick Falling Through???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 Packers Pick Falling Through???

Just listening to "The Brick" on XM Fox sports radio and a draft expert was talking about how the Broncos and Packers trade talks with the #5 pick falling through and how the 9ers are basically taking VD. I turned to the channel right at the end of the comment but I'm POSITIVE that he said that the deal was falling through. BUMMER!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Mehhh...

We'll see on draft day.

Comment

Hopefully we'll still have a shot at Walker.

Oh, and in that article I posted before... He said if the Packers deal collapses, we're going to try and move up with the Jets.

There's still hope people!
      Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT
        Just listening to "The Brick" on XM Fox sports radio and a draft expert was talking about how the Broncos and Packers trade talks with the #5 pick falling through and how the 9ers are basically taking VD. I turned to the channel right at the end of the comment but I'm POSITIVE that he said that the deal was falling through. BUMMER!!!!!!!
        Talks fall through then pick up all the time.... look at the CBA negotiations for crying out loud. It's all part of negotiating.

Nothing is set until #5 comes up on draft day, my friend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
          Talks fall through then pick up all the time.... look at the CBA negotiations for crying out loud. It's all part of negotiating.

Excatly... Great point
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know how front offices operate, but I know this: if I were a Packers fan I would be very, very mad if a trade basically swapping #5 for #15 plus something else was made, unless something significant was added to that.

Let's wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo_Bronco
              I don't know how front offices operate, but I know this: if I were a Packers fan I would be very, very mad if a trade basically swapping #5 for #15 plus something else was made, unless something significant was added to that.

Let's wait and see.
              great point. but how many denver fans werent so mad wen we basically swapped pickes with the niners in the #22 overall trade for the #37 overall and a third??

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan8791
                great point. but how many denver fans werent so mad wen we basically swapped pickes with the niners in the #22 overall trade for the #37 overall and a third??
                Well, in this case the distance between 5 and 15 is much, much more than the distance between 22 and 37... from 22 to 37, the distance is possibly the distance between D. Williams and Addai; or between Pope and Fasano... the distance between 5 and 15 is the distance between Mario Williams/Vernon Davis/Ferguson and whoever you could pick at 15... in this case 15-5=10 >>>> 15=37-22.

Comment

We have more picks in this draft than we've got roster spots (at the moment anyway), so you never know what's going to happen on Saturday. I was thinking they might do a Walker for Lelie plus 2 or 3 later round picks deal with GB, but who knows?

Comment

that would truly suck if we dont trade for walker

Comment

Just to add my own 2 cents into this:

In the end Winning is what really keeps a fanbase happy is it not? Sure the hardcore fans may moan and whine for a bit after the draft, but if you can start winning, well they'll shut up mighty fast.

I look at Favre coming back as an indication that he knows something that we don't.

He has repeatedly said he wouldn't come back unless the Packers did something to make themselves competitive. I see that as giving him more offensive weapons. Walker is disgruntled.. Lelie could run down Favre's throws, and the later 1st round pick could get GB Jackson.

On the flip side, Shanny is supposedly in love with the idea of having a big play option @ TE, and honestly I am too.

I'm pretty sure the GB fanbase wouldn't be too steamed if the FO added Lelie and a promising rookie WR.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                        Just to add my own 2 cents into this:

In the end Winning is what really keeps a fanbase happy is it not? Sure the hardcore fans may moan and whine for a bit after the draft, but if you can start winning, well they'll shut up mighty fast.

I look at Favre coming back as an indication that he knows something that we don't.

He has repeatedly said he wouldn't come back unless the Packers did something to make themselves competitive. I see that as giving him more offensive weapons. Walker is disgruntled.. Lelie could run down Favre's throws, and the later 1st round pick could get GB Jackson.

On the flip side, Shanny is supposedly in love with the idea of having a big play option @ TE, and honestly I am too.

I'm pretty sure the GB fanbase wouldn't be too steamed if the FO added Lelie and a promising rookie WR.

CP for you, I was thinking about writing something to this extent myself.

The way I figure it is, the GB packers must be acquiring an offensive player that will help Favre. They then made it known to Favre of their intentions, and since Favre was holding out to see if GB would get someone that would improve his chances of winning, he must be pleased with someone GB is looking at or already has. Could it be Lelie, who knows? But I don't see Favre deciding to come back if he was not pleased with something GB did or is going to do. This next few days will sure be interesting.

Comment

Well looks like you will have to wait for that CP DFTN. I need to spread the wealth around a little.

Comment

How do we know it isn't the VD thats bringing Favre back?
                            Flash Tower Defense Games

Comment

Originally posted by RazR

Its like a roller coaster, up and down....up and down.... and up and down.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still believing!!!
                              Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Working...
                              X