Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First post ever, first mock draft ever !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post ever, first mock draft ever !!!

Just a denver broncos fan from Montréal.
    Enjoy the read. Comments (good or bad) always welcomed.

1- Houston, Mario Williams, DE, NC State (If not for tonight’s signing, Bush would have been there. I had Williams taken no.4, with Ferguson a Saint)
    2- New Orleans (or whoever makes this pick), Reggie Bush, RB, USC (Possible trade. NY Jets ??)
    3- Tennessee, Matt Leinart, QB, USC (Could be Young, but I just think Leinart is a natural fit)
    4- NY Jets, D’Brickshaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia (BPA + no.1 need)
    5- Green Bay, A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State
    6- San Francisco, Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
    7- Oakland, Michael Huff, SS, Texas (Oakland could go for Young but, again, I am not sure Al Davis is that enamoured by Vince, if he’s his type of gunslinger. I could see Arizona trading up to get Young at no.7, because I wouldn’t be surprised to see a team deal with either Buffalo or Detroit to have a shot at the Rose Bowl’s star. Good “need” pick in Huff, wouldn’t be shocked at all if they take a DT, most likely the huge Ngata (Sapp, Kelly and newby Rashad Moore may not cut it).
    8- Buffalo, Brodrick Bunkley, DT, FSU (Could definitely trade down if both St-louis likes Cutler that much AND if the other two QBs are gone in the top 10. Odds are that Bunkley would still be there at no.11)
    9- Detroit, Ernie Sims, OLB, FSU (Huff is off the board and I think they go defense. I'd be astonished if they take Cutler. They have a weakness at WLB and new coach Marinelli is a Tampa Bay guy and Sims plays just like Brooks).
    10- Arizona, Vince Young, QB, Texas (Match made in heaven, unlikely to fall at no.10. As I said earlier, Arizona could trade up for him.)
    11- St-Louis, Antonio Cromartie, CB, fsu (They may like Cutler, but CB is a major need and Cromartie has seen his stock improve in the last few weeks. Workout star. Let’s say they swing for the fences)
    12- Cleveland, Kamerion Wimbley, OLB/DE, FSU (Natural 3-4 OLB, a critical position in this scheme).
    13- Baltimore, Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon (I like this guy a lot and think he is much better than Bunkley although the latter fit better in Buffalo’s defensive scheme. Ray Lewis will finally be happy.)
    14- Philadelphia, Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa (Could go with Justice here. I just feel that their need for a playmaking LB and Greenway’s productivity makes it a natural. Could trade up for Bunkley or also trade down and still get Greenway but as a much better value pick)
    15- Denver, Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State (Dunno what to say. Like him better than Jackson).
    16- Miami, Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
    17- Minnesota, Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt (Natural fit)
    18- Dallas, Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State (I just see tremendous upside in Carpenter, especially as a 3-4 OLB, where Dallas could use such a talented defender opposite Ware. Also, Parcells coached Carpenter’s father.
    19- San Diego, Winston Justice, OT, USC (Natural fit)
    20- Kansas City, Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech (I prefer Tye Hill, but Kansas Cuty tends to go with taller corner (above 6’) like a Surtain or a Walls (or a Warfield). Just think he fits better in Kansas City than Hill
    21- New England, Tye Hill, CB, Clemson (IMO, The best CB in this class. Still, I have a hard time seeing the Pats drafting a CB that high. Anyway, since Hill is the BPA and that Cb is NE’s no.1 need, I see Hill here)
    22- San Francisco, Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina (Best Cb left on the board, and SF just NEEDS cornerbacks).
    23- Tampa Bay, Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State (I Could see them trade down since they don’t have a huge weakness except maybe RT and that McNeill would be a reach at no.23. Anyway, Mangold is the best interior lineman in this draft and Tampa Bay could use this stud in the middle of their line a year or two from now. Similar pick to Seattle’s 2005 selection, except that I prefer Mangold.)
    24- Cincinnati, Donte Whitner, SS, Ohio State (BPA and Marvin Lewis just need defensive playmakers. They upgraded the defensive line in Free agency with Adams, upgraded at LB at last year’s draft. Now it is time to had a stud to that defensive backfield).
    25- NY Giants, Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno State (Best cb on the board. Giants could also pick a RB to groom behind Tiki Barber who is not that young anymore)
    26- Chicago, Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma (They have their 22 starters back. No real weaknesses. Most likely will trade down and they should. Still, two possible problem areas, TE and OG (since Tucker is now 34). Considering the fact that TE was never a priority in Turner’s offense, I can see them picking the best OG in this class.
    27- Carolina, LenDale White, RB, USC (The bruiser they have needed since Davis’ retirement.)
    28- Jacksonville, Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA (Leftwich finally as an intermediate target).
    29- NY Jets, DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis (BPA. Martin is getting older now)
    30- Indianapolis, Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota (Will make them forget about that James guy).
    31- Seattle, Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee (BPA)
    32- Pittsburgh, Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami (LOL. Three possibilities : WR to replace Randle El, FS to replace Hope (still I like that Clark guy they got from Washignton) and RB (All the running backs with first-round credentials are now gone. Thus, the diminutive Moss, the best WR left on the board is their guy)

Originally posted by Sam1
    Just a denver broncos fan from Montréal.
    Enjoy the read. Comments (good or bad) always welcomed.

1- Houston, Mario Williams, DE, NC State (If not for tonight’s signing, Bush would have been there. I had Williams taken no.4, with Ferguson a Saint)
    2- New Orleans (or whoever makes this pick), Reggie Bush, RB, USC (Possible trade. NY Jets ??)
    3- Tennessee, Matt Leinart, QB, USC (Could be Young, but I just think Leinart is a natural fit)
    4- NY Jets, D’Brickshaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia (BPA + no.1 need)
    5- Green Bay, A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State
    6- San Francisco, Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
    7- Oakland, Michael Huff, SS, Texas (Oakland could go for Young but, again, I am not sure Al Davis is that enamoured by Vince, if he’s his type of gunslinger. I could see Arizona trading up to get Young at no.7, because I wouldn’t be surprised to see a team deal with either Buffalo or Detroit to have a shot at the Rose Bowl’s star. Good “need” pick in Huff, wouldn’t be shocked at all if they take a DT, most likely the huge Ngata (Sapp, Kelly and newby Rashad Moore may not cut it).
    8- Buffalo, Brodrick Bunkley, DT, FSU (Could definitely trade down if both St-louis likes Cutler that much AND if the other two QBs are gone in the top 10. Odds are that Bunkley would still be there at no.11)
    9- Detroit, Ernie Sims, OLB, FSU (Huff is off the board and I think they go defense. I'd be astonished if they take Cutler. They have a weakness at WLB and new coach Marinelli is a Tampa Bay guy and Sims plays just like Brooks).
    10- Arizona, Vince Young, QB, Texas (Match made in heaven, unlikely to fall at no.10. As I said earlier, Arizona could trade up for him.)
    11- St-Louis, Antonio Cromartie, CB, fsu (They may like Cutler, but CB is a major need and Cromartie has seen his stock improve in the last few weeks. Workout star. Let’s say they swing for the fences)
    12- Cleveland, Kamerion Wimbley, OLB/DE, FSU (Natural 3-4 OLB, a critical position in this scheme).
    13- Baltimore, Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon (I like this guy a lot and think he is much better than Bunkley although the latter fit better in Buffalo’s defensive scheme. Ray Lewis will finally be happy.)
    14- Philadelphia, Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa (Could go with Justice here. I just feel that their need for a playmaking LB and Greenway’s productivity makes it a natural. Could trade up for Bunkley or also trade down and still get Greenway but as a much better value pick)
    15- Denver, Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State (Dunno what to say. Like him better than Jackson).
    16- Miami, Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
    17- Minnesota, Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt (Natural fit)
    18- Dallas, Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State (I just see tremendous upside in Carpenter, especially as a 3-4 OLB, where Dallas could use such a talented defender opposite Ware. Also, Parcells coached Carpenter’s father.
    19- San Diego, Winston Justice, OT, USC (Natural fit)
    20- Kansas City, Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech (I prefer Tye Hill, but Kansas Cuty tends to go with taller corner (above 6’) like a Surtain or a Walls (or a Warfield). Just think he fits better in Kansas City than Hill
    21- New England, Tye Hill, CB, Clemson (IMO, The best CB in this class. Still, I have a hard time seeing the Pats drafting a CB that high. Anyway, since Hill is the BPA and that Cb is NE’s no.1 need, I see Hill here)
    22- San Francisco, Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina (Best Cb left on the board, and SF just NEEDS cornerbacks).
    23- Tampa Bay, Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State (I Could see them trade down since they don’t have a huge weakness except maybe RT and that McNeill would be a reach at no.23. Anyway, Mangold is the best interior lineman in this draft and Tampa Bay could use this stud in the middle of their line a year or two from now. Similar pick to Seattle’s 2005 selection, except that I prefer Mangold.)
    24- Cincinnati, Donte Whitner, SS, Ohio State (BPA and Marvin Lewis just need defensive playmakers. They upgraded the defensive line in Free agency with Adams, upgraded at LB at last year’s draft. Now it is time to had a stud to that defensive backfield).
    25- NY Giants, Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno State (Best cb on the board. Giants could also pick a RB to groom behind Tiki Barber who is not that young anymore)
    26- Chicago, Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma (They have their 22 starters back. No real weaknesses. Most likely will trade down and they should. Still, two possible problem areas, TE and OG (since Tucker is now 34). Considering the fact that TE was never a priority in Turner’s offense, I can see them picking the best OG in this class.
    27- Carolina, LenDale White, RB, USC (The bruiser they have needed since Davis’ retirement.)
    28- Jacksonville, Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA (Leftwich finally as an intermediate target).
    29- NY Jets, DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis (BPA. Martin is getting older now)
    30- Indianapolis, Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota (Will make them forget about that James guy).
    31- Seattle, Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee (BPA)
    32- Pittsburgh, Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami (LOL. Three possibilities : WR to replace Randle El, FS to replace Hope (still I like that Clark guy they got from Washignton) and RB (All the running backs with first-round credentials are now gone. Thus, the diminutive Moss, the best WR left on the board is their guy)
    Thats the longest first post i ever seen! Very nice mock draft, lets see how it pans out.

Comment

pretty ambitious first post, lol. nice work on the mock.

if the boad looked like that when we were on the clock, i would rather take justice or cutler. but thats just me.

welcome to the boards.
      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Good job on the mock!

Oh, and welcome to the boards!
        Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Nice job, welcome. :wave:

Comment

yeh i like this mock dude, i have the first 6 exactly the same as that! cutler to 17....wow! but solid mock! welcome to the boards

Comment

I think you're right about Al Davis' take on Vince Young. We all know he likes big-arm QB's.

Welcome, by the way, always nice to add another Canadian to the ranks.
              - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

Welcome to the boards and nice job on the mock draft.

However, you have Manny Lawson slipping to the second round and guys like Lendale White and Richard Marshall rated above him?

I just don't see how that could ever happen. I expect Manny to go between 19 and 26.

Any explanation for Manny not going in the 1st?

Comment

Working...
                X