Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HidEmu
    replied
    twas about as good a first day as i could have hoped for. mathias kiwanuka would have been nice but javon walker and shiffler are just fine. Jake will be pleased

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
    Thanks ^_^

In all honesty this is what I did:

I scoped out TE 40 times, realized that VD blew everyone away, and the #2 dude who ran a 4.51 was an underachieving WR with bad hands. Then I stumbled across Scheffler. He got pretty good reviews, played at a small school though. Did some more research, realized he could have a huge upside.

I really hope that's not what Shanny did... That's like how I pick players in madden.

im sure shanny at least looked at the yahoo highlight clip.

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- Good call dontfeedthenerd !!!

--- "Nerd's sleeper pick" !!!

--- --- ---
    Thanks ^_^

In all honesty this is what I did:

I scoped out TE 40 times, realized that VD blew everyone away, and the #2 dude who ran a 4.51 was an underachieving WR with bad hands. Then I stumbled across Scheffler. He got pretty good reviews, played at a small school though. Did some more research, realized he could have a huge upside.

I really hope that's not what Shanny did... That's like how I pick players in madden.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd

--- Good call dontfeedthenerd !!!

--- "Nerd's sleeper pick" !!!

--- --- ---

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by RazR
    In the ESPN Draft Magazine, they listed Scheffler as being a sleeper pick. The Broncos obiously see something special in this kid.
    That or Shanahan just can't resist making major reaches in the 2nd round (ala Darius Watts)!

This time I think he might be right though. At least I hope so. This pick doesn't leave everybody scratching their heads and saying "Huh?" the way the Watts pick did.

Leave a comment:

• RazR
    replied
    In the ESPN Draft Magazine, they listed Scheffler as being a sleeper pick. The Broncos obiously see something special in this kid.

Leave a comment:

• DURANGO BRONCO
    replied
    I had him being drafted by the Broncos 4th in my draft entry. He is very similar to Klopfenstein, but faster. He will create mismatches with LB's, and has very soft hands. In addition he has been playing a lot of baseball and will get better with his focus on football.

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    replied
    Originally posted by rc50cal
    I am impressed. I hadn't ever heard of him until I read that post a while back. It seems strange that Denver picked him so early though. Shanahan must have thought that he had a better chance of staying on the field in running situations? Is Pope hopeless when it comes to blocking?

No, Pope is a good TE, but supposedly not too bright. I'm sure Mike had his reasons.

Also Scheffler is a bit faster

Leave a comment:

• rc50cal
    replied
    I am impressed. I hadn't ever heard of him until I read that post a while back. It seems strange that Denver picked him so early though. Shanahan must have thought that he had a better chance of staying on the field in running situations? Is Pope hopeless when it comes to blocking?

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    replied
    Crazy, I didn't see him in the 2nd either, but he is pretty darn fast for TE. Not Davis fast, but 4.54 ain't shabby.

Keep in mind we have the TE coach who developed Antonio Gates on staff now, as well as Dinger who developed Smith and Eddie Mac.

Leave a comment:

• rockrules40
    replied
    i called him in the 4th i didnt think he was capable of being in the 2nd

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    Yeah I remember you saying that good call out. Now lets hope he can get his blocking up so that he can stay on the field in running situations. According ot a scouting report he doesn't get much in the Red Zone and he's got great size. Putzier V2 ?

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    started a topic Holy crud, I called Scheffler

Holy crud, I called Scheffler

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...07#post1050507

Originally posted by me
    Nerd's Sleeper pick : Tony Scheffler : I could not find any highlights of this guy, but from what I've read, he could be a great developmental prospect, especially with our TE coach and WR coach. He's big, he's got great hands and good speed, and does not shy away from going across the middle. With his speed, he would be able to stretch the D. He played baseball though, but with that out of the way, I think he would be able to add some bulk and focus on the game. Was productive, 9 TD's with an 11.8 yd avg his senior year. No fumbles either.
    Height: 6-5 3/8 Weight: 264 40-Time: 4.54
Working...
X