Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could we??? What do you think so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could we??? What do you think so far?

How could we pass up on Leonard Pope and get Scheffler!?!?!

I'd grade our draft so far a B+. Mainly due to Javon Walker
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

We still diddnt adress the pass rusher need.

Comment

We really have to make these players look better. Both need haircuts and some camera work!

I'm disappointed in the tight end move, but what the heck can I do about it?

Comment

pope would have been nice, but a lot of teams passed on him, they must no somthing,
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Scheffler is just as Big as Pope. Has a wider base than Pope and actually ran a faster 40 than pope. He is a natural pass catcher. Broncos made a good pick. He is a recieving TE.
          A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Personally I'm disgusted by the draft. Denver didn't need a QB in the first round. What the Broncos need is to fill that gaping hole that was left when they cut Pryce. Granted I agree with Mr. Shanahan and company in cutting Pryce. The benefit was tremendously getting outweighed by the cost, but man I'll miss Trevor. Still though there are good QB's available in the 3rd round. The QB position is not a priority unless mike is planning on replacing Plummer next season. I understand that Jake is getting older but I personally would rather pay first round money to a guy that is going to be on the field.
            Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

I think its an ok draft....i mean obviously Shanny is preparing for the future and has no more faith in plummer otherwise he woulda gone a more immediate role....unless Cutler shows he is the second coming of Elway (doubt it) but with the addition of Walker, im happy, but.....i dunno....some of the people we passed up to get Cutler......

Comment

This Draft Sucks!

I'm not in anyway surprised about this draft....typical Shanahan. He never has been able to pick solid 1st round talent.

Cutler!? WTF! Where does this address any immediate need...or 1-2 years down the road for that matter? And we traded up to do this?

Walker...verdict is still out. Until he's on the field and produces the numbers he did in 2004....Walkers a ??? and I don't care what any Dr. says....he's gotta do it on the field...and I'm not going to get excited until that happens.

Now...a No Name TE who got a jaw dropping 6.0 grade! WOW...what a great value Shanahan...that's great!

So...let's recap. We traded our 1st round pick last year.....now we've traded away another first round pick this year....to get 2nd round/3rd round picks...which we traded away this year....to pickup a QB that we don't need...a WR with a torn up knee and an attitude problem....and a TE that has everyone in Radio City Music Hall looking at each other saying "who the hell is that?"

Yeah...great draft. The only positive right now is that there have been no contract extinsion talks with Shanahan advertised...a change may be necessary to shake things up in the organization...only problem is..the best coach we had we allowed to go to the TEXANS...WHO DID MAKE THE RIGHT ****ING PICKS!
                MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

Remember how everyone whined about last years draft? Just wait.

Great draft so far. Giving more weapons for Jake and also an insurance policy.

All of this "get Leonard Pope" talk is rediculous. Pope cannot stretch the field as well as Scheffler can. Pope is not nearly as fast as Scheffler.

Javon Walker is excellent when he is healthy. If Ashley Lelie is still around and isnt too pissed off, the Broncos will have an excellent trio of WR's.

Jay Cutler. What can i say, it was a surprise however it wasnt really. Broncos brass did state that they wanted to move up to get a QB. Personally id rather have Jay Cutler as a back up rather than Bradlee Van Pelt. We got a gunslinger.

Comment

F- We could have had...

Ngata

Bunkley

Lawson

Stoval

instead we have Jay three or more years away Cutler

Jovon The Cripple Walker

and a TE no one has ever heard of, his mom and dad has not even heard of him.
                    The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

I wouldn't want vanpelt as a backup either but croyles is still sittin out there in the 3rd round and he's a gunslinger as well. I just think that needs could have been better addressed. I don't know maybe safety. Lynch is getting any younger we let Kennedy go. We need safeties as well as Defensive line. The only thing that is really solidified on the Denver broncos is the offensive line and LB. Questions at RB, now questions at QB, WR, DL and the secondary. Does anyone else notice that after the first 2 rounds of the draft there are still question marks on over 3/4 of the Broncos playing field?
                      Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

It was an okay draft. I would have like to see Denver keeping the 22nd pick and getting DeAngelo Williams, LenDale White, or any of the great DE's. Walker is a great addition though.

Comment

Originally posted by rich5368
                          I wouldn't want vanpelt as a backup either but croyles is still sittin out there in the 3rd round and he's a gunslinger as well. I just think that needs could have been better addressed. I don't know maybe safety. Lynch is getting any younger we let Kennedy go. We need safeties as well as Defensive line. The only thing that is really solidified on the Denver broncos is the offensive line and LB. Questions at RB, now questions at QB, WR, DL and the secondary. Does anyone else notice that after the first 2 rounds of the draft there are still question marks on over 3/4 of the Broncos playing field?

i have to aggree with all the posts in here well not all but most.. Denver bungled this years draft .. man denver did so much moving around i cant for the life of me determine if we lost value trading out of the first or not..we could have had so much and came away with alot of stuff that wont help us next year.. javon might come in and be good but allthese people have to learn the offense
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

in the end we basically gave a first for javon.. and move up to pick cutler/1!! blah i am gonna go get drunk ..
                            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                            While he sits by his hearth at home.
                            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                              in the end we basically gave a first for javon.. and move up to pick cutler/1!! blah i am gonna go get drunk ..
                              And that's really all you can do.. I'm hearing on espn2 that another trade involving Denver is in the works but they aren't saying anything about who or when. I guess we'll see how it works out. Maybe Jake is trade bait now?
                              Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X