Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could we??? What do you think so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every single draft that the Broncos have had since I began paying attention to football has pissed me off. However, sometimes Shanhan's picks work out for the team, and last year turned out a lot better that I initially thought. Also, we did fill three needs: WR, TE, and backup QB. Of course this leaves three defensive needs unfilled, but this might turn out to be the best draft since 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by rc50cal
      Every single draft that the Broncos have had since I began paying attention to football has pissed me off. However, sometimes Shanhan's picks work out for the team, and last year turned out a lot better that I initially thought. Also, we did fill three needs: WR, TE, and backup QB. Of course this leaves three defensive needs unfilled, but this might turn out to be the best draft since 1983.
      Maybe you're right but here is the scenario. At the #11 pick it's going to cost serious money to sign Jay Cutler. I'm guessing between 2-5 mil a year minimum to be a back-up. That's cap room that could've kept Mike Anderson or Trevor Pryce. There has to be a higher cause in the works here.
      Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by rich5368
        And that's really all you can do.. I'm hearing on espn2 that another trade involving Denver is in the works but they aren't saying anything about who or when. I guess we'll see how it works out. Maybe Jake is trade bait now?
        ... If we have Plummer as trade bait I'll kill myself... (not really)

Draft wise w/o J. Walker it's been disastorous. (D+) Jay Cutler was a bad value for his area. But guys does it make you feel bad to know you were ONE pick away from Leinhart?
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

Typical confusing Denver Bronco draft.
          1992.One game away from the Super Bowl.3 old amigos.need a WR desperatley.John Elway is 30.Carl Pickens on the board.We draft...Tommy Maddox.1 game from the Super Bowl draft a back up QB.Sound familliar?

We did reach the Super Bowl....5 years later and Elway was still the F'n QB!!!
          I hate watching Denver drafts.

NE had a great draft!!!
          Look down.
          1a Chad Jackson WR Florida
          1b Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
          2 Daryl Tapp De Virginia Tech
          4comp Dusty Dvoracek DT Oklahoma
          4 Greg Blue S Georgia
          4 Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
          6 Chris Gocong De Cal-Poly

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSam23
            1992.One game away from the Super Bowl.3 old amigos.need a WR desperatley.John Elway is 30.Carl Pickens on the board.We draft...Tommy Maddox.1 game from the Super Bowl draft a back up QB.Sound familliar?

NE had a great draft!!!
            Look down.
            Umm so we win the Super Bowl in 5 years?
            MMA News
            MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSam23

NE had a great draft!!!
              Look down.
              Totally different coach...totally different time. Not taking Cutler would have been a bad move. We moved from our orginal pick of 29 to 11th!!! We have several years of grooming a QB to easily move into the posistion Jake will leave in a few years. In the meantime, we have a QB that has proven he can take us to well into the playoffs, and improved his receiving core with a proven WR and from sounds like a good receiving TE.
              I like the fact Shanny is also looking to the future as well as addressing needs of now. That balance needs to be struck to maintain our competativeness and consistant level of winning.
              By far, by the end of the first day, Denver got some great deals, and some great prospects for today and the future.
              sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                Totally different coach...totally different time. Not taking Cutler would have been a bad move. We moved from our orginal pick of 29 to 11th!!! We have several years of grooming a QB to easily move into the posistion Jake will leave in a few years. In the meantime, we have a QB that has proven he can take us to well into the playoffs, and improved his receiving core with a proven WR and from sounds like a good receiving TE.
                I like the fact Shanny is also looking to the future as well as addressing needs of now. That balance needs to be struck to maintain our competativeness and consistant level of winning.
                By far, by the end of the first day, Denver got some great deals, and some great prospects for today and the future.
                I suppose that I can see it from your perspective, but i'm a glass is half empty kinda guy. The reason that Anderson and Pryce were cut was salary cap. Now the broncos are going to have a guy chillin on the bench that isn't filling any immediate void to make them better. There are very definate gaps in the team that need to be filled and all drafting a back-up QB at #11 effectively did was eat up valuable cap space as you have to pay the guy #11 pick prices. Unless Mike shanahan has another blockbuster deal like the one that brought for DLmen or maybe even the one that brought Champ over I don't see the team even getting as far as they did last year. Keep in mind they are minus the starting RB from last year and the best DL that they've had since he was drafted. Of the very few sacks that this team had last season Trevor Pryce accounted for at least a third if not half. Sorry I don't know the exact statistics but I know it was at least 1/3. You can't really cut a guy with the kind of presence he has on the field and expect to get better unless you have a definate plan. Bettering the offense was a great idea I'm all for it, but take it from the Colts you can't get to the SuperBowl without a defense that's keeping the other team outta the endzone. I'd rather be like the Patriots and play with a bunch of no names on offfense that score 17 points a game and have a dominate defense that only gives up 12.
                Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                  ... If we have Plummer as trade bait I'll kill myself... (not really)

Draft wise w/o J. Walker it's been disastorous. (D+) Jay Cutler was a bad value for his area. But guys does it make you feel bad to know you were ONE pick away from Leinhart?
                  Matt Leinart fell for a reason..........he would be very horrible in the broncos system, hes not very mobile and he doesnt have a good arm.

Matt fell into a good situation cause he had weapons, had he been drafted by the jets or tenn. he woulda been a instant bust.....

Comment

Denver makes some moves that people don't understand but for all of you calling them bad moves. Why don't you go apply for the coaching job. If you know these where so horrible and you can do such a better job they will obviously pay you right? If you don't like the way the team is run why do you all follow them? I think it is time for people to either stop crying or find a new favorite team. They have had a perfect offseason and possible made the team good for many years to come. We now will not have to face any more "rebuilding years" and possible not another time of having a different QB every other year till we find a good one again. If you don't understand the moves it doesn't make them bad ones. They get to see these guys like the TE we got way more than we do and if they think they have a shot at making and possible starting on the team that is always a good pick. For the people saying we should have gotten Pope I am also sure there is a reason he was like the 10th tight end taken. There must have been something that a lot of coaches where seeing that made him not get picked for so long.

Comment

Working...
                    X