Trade Plummer Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Plummer Next Year

If Shan is so confident about Cutler lets see what we can get for plummer next year. Depending on how good the snak is next year.

Originally posted by SPLITTINGBUNS
    If Shan is so confident about Cutler lets see what we can get for plummer next year. Depending on how good the snak is next year.

Jumping the gun a bit don't ya think...

Cutler isn't even in town yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SPLITTINGBUNS
      Sure! That will make lots of sense! Put your SB quality team in the hands of a QB with ZERO NFL experience!

Then watch the veterans like Rod Smith and John Lynch and Tom Nalen read the handwriting on the wall and realize that Shanahan has given up on the team, so they retire. They've got their SB rings. If Denver isn't serious about winning the SB right now, why should they stay?

It's statements like yours that make me hate this trade even more! Because there will be endless controversy about this. Eventually half the fans will be shouting "bring in Cutler" after every Jake pick.

It's just poison in the press in the stands and in the locker-room!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
        Sure! That will make lots of sense! Put your SB quality team in the hands of a QB with ZERO NFL experience!

Then watch the veterans like Rod Smith and John Lynch and Tom Nalen read the handwriting on the wall and realize that Shanahan has given up on the team, so they retire. They've got their SB rings. If Denver isn't serious about winning the SB right now, why should they stay?

It's statements like yours that make me hate this trade even more! Because there will be endless controversy about this. Eventually half the fans will be shouting "bring in Cutler" after every Jake pick.

It's just poison in the press in the stands and in the locker-room!
        You are correct in your assesment, but if that's not what was on the horizon why would it happen. Something is weird. If the team plans to keep Jake for the next 4-5 years why in the hell do you pay a draft pick 2-5 mil a year to sit on the bench?
        Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by rich5368
          You are correct in your assesment, but if that's not what was on the horizon why would it happen. Something is weird. If the team plans to keep Jake for the next 4-5 years why in the hell do you pay a draft pick 2-5 mil a year to sit on the bench?
          Jakes prolly good to start for 2-3 years. Cutler is still expected to push him and make him better.

If Cutler comes out better than Jake, so be it. If Jake gets better, terrific. The main idea though is Cutler will take Jake's place when he is gone and Shanny believes it takes 3 years for the QB to really bloom.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
            Jakes prolly good to start for 2-3 years. Cutler is still expected to push him and make him better.

If Cutler comes out better than Jake, so be it. If Jake gets better, terrific. The main idea though is Cutler will take Jake's place when he is gone and Shanny believes it takes 3 years for the QB to really bloom.
            That sounds great, but it doesn't work that way in real life! Having Cutler on the bench puts the skids under Plummer.

Jake has to realize that this is a total vote of no confidence. The team has to realize it! What do the veterans do who are hanging on for a couple more years in hopes of one more championship?

Now, if I was a Detroit Lions fan or something and the team did this, I'd be ecstatic!

If Denver sucked like the Packers, I'd say great! Lord Farve is only there for 1 more year, so bring in Cutler now and groom him and let him rip in 2007. The team sucks anyway so what do we have to lose?

But, this team won the 2nd most games in the AFC! Won a playoff game. Hosted the AFC title game with a chance to go to the SB!

If Plummer isn't the answer there IS NO ANSWER FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS!

Just look at the history of the NFL! I keep saying that it took Elway 3 years to mature into a QB capable of leading his team to the SB.

Elway! The best QB of all time, bar none. (I don't expect to get an argument on these boards BTW!).

So, how is Cutler going to help the Broncos win a SB before 2008 at the EARLIEST!

Meanwhile, there's a problem in the locker-room. Have you forgotten the Bubby Brister/Brian Griese fiasco? That team tanked!

What about the drafting of Tommy Maddox! What a disaster!

You can't put the skids under your veteran starting QB and expect him to lead you to the SB the next 2 years! It just don't work!
            sigpic

Comment

I agree why would you waste a 1st rounder if you had no plans on using him. I see Jake on the ropes soon

Originally posted by rich5368

Comment

lets agree to disagree

To trade Plummer next year is just stupid. The first real leader since Elway and you want to give him up for a damn rookie with ZERO starts, ZERO passes, ZERO tds. Relax, this is chess, not checkers.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                  That sounds great, but it doesn't work that way in real life! Having Cutler on the bench puts the skids under Plummer.

Jake has to realize that this is a total vote of no confidence. The team has to realize it! What do the veterans do who are hanging on for a couple more years in hopes of one more championship?

Now, if I was a Detroit Lions fan or something and the team did this, I'd be ecstatic!

If Denver sucked like the Packers, I'd say great! Lord Farve is only there for 1 more year, so bring in Cutler now and groom him and let him rip in 2007. The team sucks anyway so what do we have to lose?

But, this team won the 2nd most games in the AFC! Won a playoff game. Hosted the AFC title game with a chance to go to the SB!

If Plummer isn't the answer there IS NO ANSWER FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS!

Just look at the history of the NFL! I keep saying that it took Elway 3 years to mature into a QB capable of leading his team to the SB.

Elway! The best QB of all time, bar none. (I don't expect to get an argument on these boards BTW!).

So, how is Cutler going to help the Broncos win a SB before 2008 at the EARLIEST!

Meanwhile, there's a problem in the locker-room. Have you forgotten the Bubby Brister/Brian Griese fiasco? That team tanked!

What about the drafting of Tommy Maddox! What a disaster!

You can't put the skids under your veteran starting QB and expect him to lead you to the SB the next 2 years! It just don't work!
                  Strange things do happen both Marino and Brady were in the SB within 2 years.
                  Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

The better player will always start so I don't think Cutler will have a shot barring any injury or just crappy play from Plummer. I think Cutler will be the backup for at least 2-3 years at the very least. Not all first round QB's have to start right away. Most of the time they do but also 96% of the time they are going to teams that just came off a 3-4 win season. So all these comparisons people are doing to other teams are just stupid. We are a completely different situation than them.

Comment

Working...
                    X