Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were the Pats trying to steal Chad Jackson from us? If so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were the Pats trying to steal Chad Jackson from us? If so...

Considering how many mocks had the Broncos taking Chad Jackson with the 15th overall pick, it had to look like Denver was going nab him with the 37th pick. So, the Patsies say to themselves, "We need a receiver and the guy most people rated as the #1 receiver is about to go to Denver, who also embarrased twice last season, so let's stick it to them and steal the guy they think is dropping into their laps! Bwahahaha!"

If so, I just have this to say to the Patsies:

I'm much happier with Javon Walker than an untested rookie that was only rated as high as he was because this was a weak draft for receivers. Bwahahaha!!

Whatchya think? Were the Pats trying to steal Jackson from us?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

wouldnt be suprised if they tried, but i like Javon better anyway

Comment

Kudos to the Packers for completely jobbing the Patriots!!

Comment

LOL .... this is funny ... should be in the smack forum

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
          Kudos to the Packers for completely jobbing the Patriots!!
          Good point. I forgot that was who the Pats traded with to move in front of us. I wonder if they waited until after that trade before trading with Denver just to give the Pats that extra incentive. Hmm...
          ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
            Considering how many mocks had the Broncos taking Chad Jackson with the 15th overall pick, it had to look like Denver was going nab him with the 37th pick. So, the Patsies say to themselves, "We need a receiver and the guy most people rated as the #1 receiver is about to go to Denver, who also embarrased twice last season, so let's stick it to them and steal the guy they think is dropping into their laps! Bwahahaha!"

I'm much happier with Javon Walker than an untested rookie that was only rated as high as he was because this was a weak draft for receivers. Bwahahaha!!

Seems likely. But its usually division rivals who try to steal other players from a rival isnt it?

haha the Pats look stupid now
            sigpic

Comment

I think this is stretching. The Pats always seem to draft the players they have rated highest on their board.

It is obvious to me that we didn't like either of the two top WRs and so we tried to trade for a Javon.

I think it is interesting that Jackson fell as far as he did. It is clear that most teams don't think that highly of him. For a guy his size to have his speed and coming from a big time conference to fall like this. It shows how real his weaknesses are in the sight of the scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                I think this is stretching. The Pats always seem to draft the players they have rated highest on their board.

It is obvious to me that we didn't like either of the two top WRs and so we tried to trade for a Javon.

I think it is interesting that Jackson fell as far as he did. It is clear that most teams don't think that highly of him. For a guy his size to have his speed and coming from a big time conference to fall like this. It shows how real his weaknesses are in the sight of the scouts.
                You think it was just coincidence that the Pats traded right in front of us when receiver was tagged as one of our top needs? And with Jackson generally being projected as the Broncos' pick in the first round? It isn't as though Jackson fell to them; they actually traded up to get him.
                ------

Comment

I think they did want to get him and they may have thought we would potentially take him. But I guess my point is that it had less to do with it being us vs any other team that wanted a WR.

I think when they saw us pass on Jackson in the first round, and everyone else for that matter, they probably realized we were going hard after Javon.

I doubt very highly that it would have mattered (to us) if Jackson was available or not. I think we made it clear we were going after Javon.

Comment

You think it was just coincidence that the Pats traded right in front of us when receiver was tagged as one of our top needs? And with Jackson generally being projected as the Broncos' pick in the first round? It isn't as though Jackson fell to them; they actually traded up to get him.
                    Yea, it was probably more than coincidence that they jumped up into that spot. But the thing is, the joke is on Belicheck. I really don't believe for one minute that we were ever going to draft Jackson. That was a media creation, not reality, IMO.

We now know that Walker was our guy all along. The only thing I wonder is if for some reason the Walker trade were to fall thru, who would we drafted? Well, I guess we'll never know, but I'd bet it wouldn't have been Jackson.
                    "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

Javon > Jackson

Comment

At first I really thought so...and I was mad. But the Patriots could do just about anything to make me mad at them. So I was mad, but now I really don't care. WE GOT WALKER!!!!!
                        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

It wasn't much of a theft. We got Cutler a much prospect for our future.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Even if we didn't draft somebody, you really have to wonder if he ever would have fell to them.

I doubt he would have, so it made sense for them to trade up and snag him. It was still great value on their part. I mean, he was a projected first rounder, so to them, they got a first rounder early in the second.

One thing that the Patriots do well is to take advantage of value and take players that maybe fall farther than they should.

Even if we didn't want Jackson, it's hard to fault NE for moving up to take a player that many saw as a first rounder in the second round.

What I wonder, is why Green Bay didn't just take Jackson themselves. I mean, they have a need at WR now, right. I mean, this was a very good draft to trade back in and snag extra picks, but when value comes . . .
                            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                            . Post Your Artwork .
                            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                            X