Grade the Broncos Draft, Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade the Broncos Draft, Day 1

Go Ahead, give the Broncos your grade for day one.

I think this franchise got a whole lot better than it already was today....

Cutler, Walker, Scheffler, with still 3 #4s, a fifth, and a sixth......looks good.

A for me.....
    A
    50.00%
    B
    32.43%
    C
    6.76%
    D
    5.41%
    F
    5.41%

The poll is expired.

Administrator

sigpic

i gave it a D...cause i really liked duke on our TE issue and qb... umm im so so on that.

he can be a very good QB but i really wanted a DE in the first round.

but shanny always does crazy stuff and usally pans out for the best not matter what he does.

Comment

You should have created a poll.

I agree with you, I give it an A.

Cutler is a huge upgrade at QB, even while St. Jake is here (we had terrible depth at the position).

I'm still unsure about Walker. If he comes back from his injury, it's a great acquisition for a #37 pick.

Scheffler looks to be in the mold of Shannon Sharpe. If he can bulk up and work on his blocking, he could be the answer to our inability to convert 3rd downs.

I can't wait until tomorrow.

edit - oops, you got the poll in there.
      sigpic

Comment

i think it was a very good day n could be even better tomorrow alot of good help still there at dl n safety....

Comment

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
          Go Ahead, give the Broncos your grade for day one.

I think this franchise got a whole lot better than it already was today....

Cutler, Walker, Scheffler, with still 3 #4s, a fifth, and a sixth......looks good.

A for me.....
          C, in the short term.

I haven't exactly hidden my displeasure at taking Cutler instead of someone who would contribute a lot quicker, like Ngata or Bunkley. Cutler might work out in the long run and, if so, I'll be happy then. But right now I really don't like the pick.

Scheffler is a decent enough pick if he can learn to block better than the reports indicate he does.

Walker isn't technically a part of the draft since we didn't draft him. But if we include him I'd probably upgrade to a B overall.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            You should have created a poll.

I agree with you, I give it an A.

Cutler is a huge upgrade at QB, even while St. Jake is here (we had terrible depth at the position).

I'm still unsure about Walker. If he comes back from his injury, it's a great acquisition for a #37 pick.

Scheffler looks to be in the mold of Shannon Sharpe. If he can bulk up and work on his blocking, he could be the answer to our inability to convert 3rd downs.

I can't wait until tomorrow.

edit - oops, you got the poll in there.
            lol....i cant believe im actually going to say this but.......im relieved to get Cutler, and Mtn man, we doubted you all along, ill say firsthand sorry for that, ill give ya a cp whenever i can for now on

Comment

For today, I give Broncos a grade of B.........everything was nice.....Cutler, Javon, and TE. But don't think we got the best TE on the board at the time.

Grade of B..........

Hopefully tomorrow we will get a safety, defensive lineman, and another RB.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                C, in the short term.

I haven't exactly hidden my displeasure at taking Cutler instead of someone who would contribute a lot quicker, like Ngata or Bunkley. Cutler might work out in the long run and, if so, I'll be happy then. But right now I really don't like the pick.

Scheffler is a decent enough pick if he can learn to block better than the reports indicate he does.

Walker isn't technically a part of the draft since we didn't draft him. But if we include him I'd probably upgrade to a B overall.

Well, we used a draft pick for Javon Walker, so technically, he is part of our draft
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I'll give it an A, despite Scheffler.

Cutler - I think you all know how I feel about him. I parallel him to Ben Roethlisberger, not Tommy Maddox.

Walker - We've got ourselves an 80 catch, 1,000 yard, 10 TD receiver in his prime. This helps us next year and in the future.

Scheffler - Shanahan basically admitted that he chose Scheffler because he ran 4.5 40. Dumb reason if you ask me.
                  A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

a B only because of Walker, w/o Walker I'd say D+ to C-
                    MMA News
                    MMA News 247

Comment

So far a B. We are a better team today.

A - Never pass on a franchise player regardless of need- Cutler is our future.

B - Javon Walker over Chad, Santonio, Sinorice... Absolutely

C - Tony Scheffler - Second only to VD in TE speed. Will create mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                        I'll give it an A, despite Scheffler.

Cutler - I think you all know how I feel about him. I parallel him to Ben Roethlisberger, not Tommy Maddox.

Walker - We've got ourselves an 80 catch, 1,000 yard, 10 TD receiver in his prime. This helps us next year and in the future.

Scheffler - Shanahan basically admitted that he chose Scheffler because he ran 4.5 40. Dumb reason if you ask me.
                        Also because Scheffler can catch. He is a very good receiving tight end, but needs to work on his blocking. With his size and speed I'm sure he can learn to block with the best of them in our system within the next couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
                          So far a B. We are a better team today.

A - Never pass on a franchise player regardless of need- Cutler is our future.

B - Javon Walker over Chad, Santonio, Sinorice... Absolutely

C - Tony Scheffler - Second only to VD in TE speed. Will create mismatches.
                          I'm not yet convinced Cutler is a so-called "franchise player". He's got some good physical skills but he has a lot of questions about his overall game. He'll still be a project.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I gave it a B. I liked some of the things the Broncos did. Getting Cutler give us a long term answer to quaterback, when Jake Plummer leaves the game or if he leaves the team. Getting Walker and Scheffler help out the WR and TE needs, but we could of also of used a DE or DT as well.

Comment

I give an A

I believe Cutler was the best QB in this draft by far. We focused on long term which is what the draft is about as well as getting a great WR with a 2nd round pic even though they wanted a first. Also adding to why I give an A is the TE picked out of know where... I was thinking they were going to pick either pope or byrd soooo they obviosly saw somthing in this kid.

Cutler is a monster at 220 lbs can bench over 400lbs!!! I am 215 and can put maybe around 280 or somthing.

He can take hits like no other. He played at vanderbilt and competed against SEC. and WON A GAME!!!

His team was sorry OL WR you name it

He didnt have same people like they have at USC and Texas etc.,

GREAT PICS - I just know shanny is going to prove us all wrong at TE pick.

Also Safties are falling like crazy to next round, and shanny also obviously thinks our DL is set for next year or we would of got tapp and so forth. They did have a good first year in our system.

SORRY FOR TYPING LIKE CRAZY

I am excited for our pic w/ Cutler made out like bandits today (unlike GB LMAO)

ALSO....

Other winners

Arizona

*Jets

Atlanta

Texans

Frisco

*Rams

Comment

Working...
                              X