My draft wishes are coming true!

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Screw you guys!!!!

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Im stoked that this happened, Javon is better than anyone we could have drafted, west may be right on Mike Bell, and just.......wow, this was fun, wonder if shanny read our whining?

Leave a comment:

• ManoRodriquez
    replied
    Originally posted by Perry1977
    Well, our wish has come true! Id like to thank all the supporters of the ABWRFRC, and it proved to be an outstanding first day for the team!

The Cutler pick, in my opinion, is outstanding. I have always held the belief that it wasn't our WR's that were the complete problem here in Denver. Sure, he could bust just like any other player, but I am glad that we were agressive and went after him. I cringe every time I see Lelie have to stop and wait for a pass to get to him...

As we saw, #15 was wayyyyyyyyyy too high for Chad Jackson, despite what the 'experts' said. In fact, it was 21 picks too high. And no doubt, Javon Walker is ready to go, ready to start next year, whereas a rookie would likely take at least 2 years to pan out, if at all. Javon has already proven he can play in this league at a high level, and there's no pick on the board that can guarantee that, much less in the second round.

I would have been happy to see a RB drafted at 15, but I am just as (if not more) pleased with Cutler in the orange and blue. I had basically written off all chances of getting him, and didn't think that we would actually trade up for a quarterback. In fact, I was most in favor of trying to trade down from 15 to pick up a RB and another pick, which looks like would have been a good idea too.

Either way, we really addressed some needs today, there isn't a single pick or trade that I don't like. I trust that what Shanahan and Co saw on film of Scheffler was a great justification to take him over Pope. Nothing wrong with that. He has good measureables and looks like he will fit the bill nicely.

I can't wait until tomorrow, and I have creeping suspicion that one of our fourth round picks will be a certain skier/underwear model from Colorado to address our returning needs. Not that I am a big fan, but that pick makes a lot of sense with how things have panned out.

We also get to see who the running back(s) will be. Our buddy West could be right on the money with Bell!

Anyways, savor the victory for the Broncos! Hopefully Cutler doesn't end up sucking.

I agree, I am happy with our picks today ... even though I wanted Maroney with our 15th, I will be happy with Bell if we draft him (West ) .... if not Hopefully RD will have a good yr .... we still need a DE in the 4th .......

Leave a comment:

• TDforTatum26
    replied
    Originally posted by Perry1977
    Well, our wish has come true! Id like to thank all the supporters of the ABWRFRC, and it proved to be an outstanding first day for the team!

The Cutler pick, in my opinion, is outstanding. I have always held the belief that it wasn't our WR's that were the complete problem here in Denver. Sure, he could bust just like any other player, but I am glad that we were agressive and went after him. I cringe every time I see Lelie have to stop and wait for a pass to get to him...

As we saw, #15 was wayyyyyyyyyy too high for Chad Jackson, despite what the 'experts' said. In fact, it was 21 picks too high. And no doubt, Javon Walker is ready to go, ready to start next year, whereas a rookie would likely take at least 2 years to pan out, if at all. Javon has already proven he can play in this league at a high level, and there's no pick on the board that can guarantee that, much less in the second round.

I would have been happy to see a RB drafted at 15, but I am just as (if not more) pleased with Cutler in the orange and blue. I had basically written off all chances of getting him, and didn't think that we would actually trade up for a quarterback. In fact, I was most in favor of trying to trade down from 15 to pick up a RB and another pick, which looks like would have been a good idea too.

Either way, we really addressed some needs today, there isn't a single pick or trade that I don't like. I trust that what Shanahan and Co saw on film of Scheffler was a great justification to take him over Pope. Nothing wrong with that. He has good measureables and looks like he will fit the bill nicely.

I can't wait until tomorrow, and I have creeping suspicion that one of our fourth round picks will be a certain skier/underwear model from Colorado to address our returning needs. Not that I am a big fan, but that pick makes a lot of sense with how things have panned out.

We also get to see who the running back(s) will be. Our buddy West could be right on the money with Bell!

Anyways, savor the victory for the Broncos! Hopefully Cutler doesn't end up sucking.
    Im with West in taking Mike Bell

The draft has TON of talented players left...I cant wait till tommorow!

BTW what time does it start tommorow?

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    started a topic The ABWRFRC celebration thread!

The ABWRFRC celebration thread!

Working...
X