Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Picks Left! What are your wishes?

Okay,
    we have drafted our Franchise QB of the future in the first round. We gave up our #15 and our #93 to do so.

We got our future #1 WR in Javon Walker @ #37 in the second round. Could turn out to be the real Steal of the draft. At #61 we addressed the TE with Tony Scheffler, who appears to be another pass-catching TE in the mold of Putzier, that still needs to work on blocking.

So, we are now left with picks #119, #126, #130 in the fourth round; #161 in the fifth round; and #198 in the sixth round.

What should we focus on? 'Who' we should focus on would be nice as well.

I'll give you my thoughts, then you can give yours.

I would like them to address the S position due to the age of Lynch and Fergie.

DT and DE would be nice as well. If we trade Lelie, definitely another WR. But if not, no more. Actually, Bloom would be a good pick up, and he could return punts.

RB? Probably. LB depth? Maybe.

Who and where do we go?
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

I want...

Darnell Bing and Rod Wright (or Oshinowo, or Gabe Watson)

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Bing, Watson, Nance

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51
        Okay,
        we have drafted our Franchise QB of the future in the first round. We gave up our #15 and our #93 to do so.

We got our future #1 WR in Javon Walker @ #37 in the second round. Could turn out to be the real Steal of the draft. At #61 we addressed the TE with Tony Scheffler, who appears to be another pass-catching TE in the mold of Putzier, that still needs to work on blocking.

So, we are now left with picks #119, #126, #130 in the fourth round; #161 in the fifth round; and #198 in the sixth round.

What should we focus on? 'Who' we should focus on would be nice as well.

I'll give you my thoughts, then you can give yours.

I would like them to address the S position due to the age of Lynch and Fergie.

DT and DE would be nice as well. If we trade Lelie, definitely another WR. But if not, no more. Actually, Bloom would be a good pick up, and he could return punts.

RB? Probably. LB depth? Maybe.

Who and where do we go?
        I want...

Ko Simpson.

Mike Bell

Rod Wright/Gabe Watson/Oshinowo

Elvis Dummerville

Jeremy Bloom
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure, I would like (not necessarily in this order) DT, S, OL, RB, LB.

Probably I'd rather pick a DT, the thing is, so far, only 5 DTs have been picked, so theoretically, right now, on the top of the 4th round, the 6th best DT is available.

There are also a couple of safeties that before the draft were supposed to be high (Bing, Simpson).

But that's when the 4th round starts, by pick #22 in the round (the first Broncos pick) it's likely these guys won't be there. Now, the point is the following: we could try to trade two 4ths (bottom) to move up to the top of the fourth round and try to get one of these players, but on the other hand, if the players available somehow slipped to the 4th round is for a reason, and maybe you can diversify your risk a little bit better if you keep the two fourths and take one extra player.

Summarizing, I'm torn between two possibilities:

1) Trade both 4ths (and probably, according to the value chart, we'd need to include the 6th) and keep the best DT or S available at the top of the round, and maybe with the compensatory pick the best player available, probably OL or LB. Same with the 5th.

2) Keep the picks, take 2 DTs and a S in the 4th, and OL and LB in the 5th and 6th.

Comment

Brad Smith Or Marcus Vick
            sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

I'm looking for any RB(2nd 4th), Jeremy Bloom(5th), Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing(With the 1st 4th) -- if they are avalible, and then the rest goes to the defensive line.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfan2k
                Brad Smith Or Marcus Vick
                ...Wow
                sigpic

Comment

Oshinowo, Wright, or Watson (in that order) then Mike Bell and a safety (there's your fourth round).

Then with 5 and 6 a returner (maybe Bloom) and best O-line depth left.

Comment

DT - Babitunde Oshinowo - would allow Warren to cut loose

DE - Mark Anderson - One of the better edge rushers in the draft

C - Greg Eslinger - Could take over Nalens throne.

S - Jahmile Addai - Ball hawking safety

RB - Andre Hall - Dual threat RB

Comment

Not in any specific order...

1)LB depth. Behind the big 3, there is what? Jack...
                      I'm thinking of names like Kevin Simon, Terna Nande, Omar Gaither, Stephen Tulloch, and Kai Parham. Most likely whoever is left of that group in the 5th...that would suit me fine.

2)Hard hitting safety prospect to compete with Ferguson. Bing immediately comes to mind. Pat Watkins or Marcus Maxey would be a nice choice if they're looking for more of a coverage oriented free-safety. I'm truly intrigued by Brian Iwuh. The man hits like a freakin' truck and moves very well considering his dimensions. To me, it looks like he has a big play knack as well as the ability to sit in a zone. Trust me, I've been watching the Michael Boulware experiment for two years now, and I'd say it's been nothing short of a smashing success. While Iwuh may not be quite the prospect that Boulware was, I still like the comparison. I think he'd make a fine second day selection to slot in as backup SS and special teams demon for a year. Nate Salley would be an adequate pickup in round 6...

3)Interior D line help. Montavious Stanley, Gabe Watson, Babatunde Oshinowo, Le Kevin Smith, and Rod Wright all appeal to me in the 4th round. Larry Dibbles and Kedric Golston would be great values in round 6 as well...

4)Another WR. Brandon Marshall, Corey Rodgers, Demetrius Williams, Jason Avant, and Greg Lee would be solid 4th round picks. There's the two Auburn guys as well (Obomanu and Aromashodu). Delanie Walker and Will Blackmon are interesting projects as well.

5)RB. Mike Bell, Andre Hall, Gerald Riggs Jr., PJ Daniels, Lawrence Vickers. 'Nuff said.

6)OT depth. Joe Toledo and Jonathan Scott look good to me at any point on day 2.

7) A "slash" type player. Brad Smith, Marques Hagans and Reggie McNeal (if he's willing to give receiver a try) would be great picks on day 2. I'd love to have a Brad Smith type player come in for the occasional trick play and back returning kicks.
                      Last edited by WABronco; 04-29-2006, 10:04 PM.

Comment

WA,

Nice list of prospects. How do you see it play out?

Comment

i would want a saftey, running back, defensive line,
                          does anyone know which player could fill one of these spots?
                          lets go team

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
                            WA,

Nice list of prospects. How do you see it play out?
                            Seeing how the only thing I predicted (sorta) on draft day was a Walker trade, I think I'll refrain from guessing.

For me, I'd like a combination of a LB, Brian Iwuh (as a SS), DT, RB, and OT. Whoever gets the checkmark from Shanny has my checkmark too (for what it's worth ). But, if Demetrius Williams falls to us, and we don't take him, I will be PO'ed!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by WABronco; 04-29-2006, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Safety, O-lilne help...all the studs happen in round 4 for future O-line help.

Comment

Working...
                              X