X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony's Pumped

Broncos | Scheffler can't wait to get started; shoulder is fine
    Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:31:18 -0700

Denver Broncos rookie TE Tony Scheffler, the team's second-round draft pick, said he can't wait to get started with the team. He commented Saturday, April 29, about being selected in the second round. "It's a good feeling, obviously. I think I have great ability, and I'm going to prove to the Denver Broncos' organization and fans that I was a great pick for the Broncos. I can't wait to get in and get started." Scheffler said the shoulder injury he suffered in his sophomore year of college is a non-issue. "My sophomore year I broke my collarbone the first game of the season and missed the whole season. My junior and senior years, I started every game. That's a non-issue," said Scheffler.

!!

Good News!!!

Comment

Sounds Good!

Thanks for that...
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

He's got that sweet "Wiscansin" accent!

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          He's got that sweet "Wiscansin" accent!
          No love for the midwest? I grew up in Denver, but I tell ya, that accent grows on ya.
          Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
            No love for the midwest? I grew up in Denver, but I tell ya, that accent grows on ya.
            No I like it. Sounds like my uncle...

Comment

Good to hear. Shanny wouldn't reach without a good reason. This kid has potential and you never know with tight ends these days. Duke and him should fill things out nicely.
              Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                Good to hear. Shanny wouldn't reach without a good reason. This kid has potential and you never know with tight ends these days. Duke and him should fill things out nicely.

Same optimism we had after the Watts pick. Then we saw him run routes and get open every freakin time and we all that DANG Shanahan rocks. Then of course we watched him drop balls he should have caught. I'm just hoping this kid doesn't have some problem we haven't heard about yet!
                "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

i wonder how secure alexander's job is.

on the one hand, alexander isnt anything special (although a solid option) and isnt getting any younger. i would image duke and the rook have spots on the roster. alexander and nate jackson will battle it out for a 3rd spot, i would think.

nate did show a good ability to catch in traffic when he was a reciever, but has been injured most of his TE career. i would think he would really have to show something to knock the only veteran and proven blocker off the roster. but if someone else else does show some blocking ability, alexander could be cut.

especially considering how many 3 wide out sets we are going to run this season.
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
                    Same optimism we had after the Watts pick. Then we saw him run routes and get open every freakin time and we all that DANG Shanahan rocks. Then of course we watched him drop balls he should have caught. I'm just hoping this kid doesn't have some problem we haven't heard about yet!
                    Only problem I have heard is he is a crappy blocker. With his size and speed though I'm sure within the next couple seasons that will not be an issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                      Only problem I have heard is he is a crappy blocker. With his size and speed though I'm sure within the next couple seasons that will not be an issue at all.

the nfl.com breakdown of him broke his blocking into 3 parts: run block 'in-line', run block 'in-space', and pass. it said his 'in space' blocking is better than his line blocking. but our zone scheme doesnt require TEs to try and drive someone out of a space very often. the write up said that he does do a good job getting up on linebackers, and thats more important to us than if he can put his helmet on a guy and push him backwards.
                      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Lol

Scheffler was the guy who kept falling down after running the 40 at the combine. He got trashed!

Comment

i heard he is suppose to be our new putzier our something like him
                          lets go team

Comment

Broncos | Scheffler to contribute wherever he is needed
                            Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:42:59 -0700

Denver Broncos rookie TE Tony Scheffler feels his blocking is suitable for the next level, but he said he needs to work on it. "It's something that I like to do, I love to do," said Scheffler. "I love to get my nose in there, and it's not going to be an issue here. Like you said, a lot of the people (said) that was a knock on me, and that's something I will come in and hope to put to rest and be a consistent blocker on the next level." Scheffler said he has some experience as a long snapper as well, but said he will contribute wherever needed - tight end, long snapping or even special teams.

Comment

Working...
                            X