Whos is going to be out 161?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rugbythug
    Wow if this guy can long snap!! Then we can have room for another position!!
    Yea, if he is at least adequate as a long-snapper, he could make the roster just on that, while he develops the rest of his game.
    "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

Sounds like a definite project:
      http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/kuper_chris

SUMMARY
      Kuper was an extremely frustrating player to grade because he no doubt has the physical tools to be a good starting guard in the NFL, but because of his inconsistent effort and laziness as a blocker, he was not even a good guard at North Dakota. He is remarkably quick-footed and agile for such a big guard and can get through the line of scrimmage to the second level quickly. When he keeps his feet under him and stays after his blocks, he can be a good blocker in space. The trouble is that, more often than not, he stops his feet right before making contact, leans and reaches to make contact and ends up overextending and falling off his blocks. Overall, Kuper is the type of offensive linemen that is all too common -- he has all the physical tools, but has not played up to his ability. He was impressive at the East-West Shrine Game because he consistently improved throughout the week. He raised his competitive level because he knew the man he was blocking was clearly much more talented. He might need a season or two to improve his technique and consistency, but eventually will become a good starting guard in the NFL.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
        Sounds like a definite project:
        That's why I think his LS abilities can buy him time on the roster until Shanny finds out if he is going to be a player.

By the way, isn't almost all broncos O-lineman projects at one time? Lepsis, Hamilton,
        Nalen, & even Foster had to sit a year before he started.

I don't know, but the 5th round is a good gamble on this guy.
        "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

Originally posted by jcrobins
          That's why I think his LS abilities can buy him time on the roster until Shanny finds out if he is going to be a player.

By the way, isn't almost all broncos O-lineman projects at one time? Lepsis, Hamilton,
          Nalen, & even Foster had to sit a year before he started.

I don't know, but the 5th round is a good gamble on this guy.
          I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just an observation.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
          X