Must be Something Unknown about wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    sorry to bug ya guys, but who is Wright?

a defensive tackle for texas who i think was a projected second rounder
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
      sorry to bug ya guys, but who is Wright?
      Rod Wright DT out of Texas.

he was an all-American and a projected 2nd rounder but he hasnt been drafted yet

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cv...scoutingreport

Pros: He has fine natural size and big-boned frame and good athleticism for an NFL defensive lineman. He has good range moving laterally along the line of scrimmage and can make tackles out on the perimeter. He is quick on the snap and usually gets into blockers nicely with good hand placement and leverage. He can be explosive in the middle and gain penetration into the backfield and be a force on the inside that commands double-team blocking.
      Cons: He can be slow to locate the ball at times and be late to react to blocks. He has been inconsistent over most of his career, playing like an All-American at times and other times plays like just an ordinary defender. His senior season performance still did not address those inconsistencies, especially from an intensity and toughness standpoint.
      Numbers: As a senior, he started 13 games and made 46 tackles, with 13 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. At the Combine he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.16 seconds with a 32-inch vertical jump, a 9-2 broad jump and did 31 reps in the 225-pound bench press.
      Skinny: He looked like a sure-fire first-round choice entering the 2005 season, but inconsistencies have scared off some clubs. Teams like the Bengals, Raiders and Broncos are interested, but only after the first round. Probably the biggest boom or bust prospect.
      sigpic

Comment

Yea, I just saw his scouting report and I'm amazed that nobody has taken him!

The same report stated though that we are interested in him though, so I'm hopin he is our 6th rounder....

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
          Rod Wright DT out of Texas.

he was an all-American and a projected 2nd rounder but he hasnt been drafted yet

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cv...scoutingreport

Pros: He has fine natural size and big-boned frame and good athleticism for an NFL defensive lineman. He has good range moving laterally along the line of scrimmage and can make tackles out on the perimeter. He is quick on the snap and usually gets into blockers nicely with good hand placement and leverage. He can be explosive in the middle and gain penetration into the backfield and be a force on the inside that commands double-team blocking.
          Cons: He can be slow to locate the ball at times and be late to react to blocks. He has been inconsistent over most of his career, playing like an All-American at times and other times plays like just an ordinary defender. His senior season performance still did not address those inconsistencies, especially from an intensity and toughness standpoint.
          Numbers: As a senior, he started 13 games and made 46 tackles, with 13 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. At the Combine he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.16 seconds with a 32-inch vertical jump, a 9-2 broad jump and did 31 reps in the 225-pound bench press.
          Skinny: He looked like a sure-fire first-round choice entering the 2005 season, but inconsistencies have scared off some clubs. Teams like the Bengals, Raiders and Broncos are interested, but only after the first round. Probably the biggest boom or bust prospect.

oops, didn't see that! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X