Eslinger still on the board!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
    if Eslinger is on the PS a team will sign him for sure...

why'd we take Kuber?
    Eslinger was drafted to replace Nalen, I don't believe in Cooper Carlisle so I believe that Kuber was drafted to take his place, eventually

Comment

Gotta Keep "House"!

Originally posted by WABronco
      70 Collins, Javiar T x
      64 Pears, Erik T x
      74 Green, Cornell T
      72 Foster, George T
      78 Lepsis, Matt T

77 Carswell, Dwayne G x
      68 Bibla, Martin G x
      59 Whitley, Taylor G x
      69 Alexander, P.J. x50 Hamilton, Ben G/C
      63 Hunt, Rob G/C x
      62 Myers, Chris G/C x
      65 Carlisle, Cooper G/T

Guys with the x are potential cuts, IMO anyways. I would imagine that both our draftees may be cycled throught PS and then play in a year or so...like they usually are.
      They're not going to cut Chris Myers, they like him! He moved into the rotation last year! So, he's a backup guard.

As for Ben Hamilton I'll bet he winds up the backup center to Nalen this year and he probably takes over that position if Nalen retires next year.

Maybe they want to keep Hamilton at guard or maybe they plan an upgrade, but he seems good enough at guard. So, maybe Eslinger makes the practice squad or something. But, no way he dresses game day this year.

Hopefully, he can develop into a starting center, but that's the key OL position and it takes some time to be a good one. I can't see him starting anytime the next 3 years, maybe longer. At least he could be a backup though.

But, this pick is not too impressive right now. Oh, well, it's the 6th. At least he could be useful.
      sigpic

Comment

He is small and he fits our zone blocking scheme for a lineMen ..... Link

Comment

70 Collins, Javiar T x
          64 Pears, Erik T x
          74 Green, Cornell T
          72 Foster, George T
          78 Lepsis, Matt T

77 Carswell, Dwayne G x
          68 Bibla, Martin G x
          59 Whitley, Taylor G x
          63 Hunt, Rob G/C x
          62 Myers, Chris G/C x
          65 Carlisle, Cooper G/T

Guys with the x are potential cuts, IMO anyways. I would imagine that both our draftees may be cycled throught PS and then play in a year or so...like they usually are.

Kuber will replace Foster finally XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
            Kuber will replace Foster finally XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
            Rarrr!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SethGrandpa
              Just because you get drafted higher doesn't mean you had a better year.
              exactly otherwise dummerville would have been number one overall with his 20 sacks to lead the nation
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                exactly otherwise dummerville would have been number one overall with his 20 sacks to lead the nation
                Mangold was in fact a better prospect for just about every other team out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                  Sounds like Denver's type of lineman:

Although I'm pretty sure Hamilton will be our next center, Eslinger still seems to fit the bill.

My problem with this pick is that we completely ignored DT. Well, make that my problem with the entire draft, not just this pick. Where is our depth at DT going to come from? Are we hoping for the June 1st cuts?
                  with the few roster spots and the money we have to dole out for cutler and walker i think we wont sign to many players or any come june

Comment

Mangold was in fact a better prospect for just about every other team out there...
                    hey WABronco.. re-read my post ... i didnt say eslinger was better then manigold.. i simply was in agreement that just becuase you had a better college career dont garuntee you a top pick.. also remember just becuase manigold will fit other teams schemes denver draft becuase he would fit our scheme..and probably excell with it..

Comment

70 Collins, Javiar T x
                      64 Pears, Erik T x
                      74 Green, Cornell T
                      72 Foster, George T
                      78 Lepsis, Matt T

77 Carswell, Dwayne G x
                      68 Bibla, Martin G x
                      59 Whitley, Taylor G x
                      63 Hunt, Rob G/C x
                      62 Myers, Chris G/C x
                      65 Carlisle, Cooper G/T

So basically, we'll have the starting five + Cornell Green as locks. I also think Myers is a lock to make the team. So that's already 7/8. Now we've drafted two more interior linemen when at best, only one will make the team. It just doesn't make sense to me.
                      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                        So basically, we'll have the starting five + Cornell Green as locks. I also think Myers is a lock to make the team. So that's already 7/8. Now we've drafted two more interior linemen when at best, only one will make the team. It just doesn't make sense to me.

It's called competition. SOmething Carlisle definitely will come to understand soon. Hamilton has been an excellent guard and now that we've kept Nalen I think it's fine to look at three young interior guys as open competition for Carlisle and to replace Nalen. Sure they originally wanted Hamilton at center but they may not want to screw up a good thing on the left side.
                        "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                          hey WABronco.. re-read my post ... i didnt say eslinger was better then manigold.. i simply was in agreement that just becuase you had a better college career dont garuntee you a top pick.. also remember just becuase manigold will fit other teams schemes denver draft becuase he would fit our scheme..and probably excell with it..
                          Huh?

You were implying that college production is not the only rating of a prospect. I agree, but I also said that Mangold was rated much higher by NFL teams.

Comment

Carruci had him as the 3rd best C. I also think for our system he is the number 1 pick at Center.
                            http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9310011

Different teams have different styles, so while Mangold is suitable to more teams, Eslinger is ideal for zone blocking.

I think he's our best value pick.

Why is Myers going to make the team, has he played much? Has anyone heard/read anything?
                            In memory of Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Smiley by me
                            My sigs

"It seems like every week you click on the film and you want to roll back out of your chair and say, 'Lord help me,'" Coyer on NFL offenses

Comment

Working...
                            X