Marshall or Hixon at Safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall or Hixon at Safety?

Marshall and Hixon are very versatile players. Maybe our coaches have other things in mind for one of them?

Marshall played his Jr. year as a safety, and led his team in tackles. He was recruited by Florida to play safety. Hixon played his first 2 years at safety, but I have no idea how he did on defense. Hixon will probably return kicks.

that would be a waste to put mashall there.....i would rather see marshall play TE than safety
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Marshall is too beasty as a WR to play safety

Hixon, fine, I could care less.
      sigpic

Comment

I think they're going to use Hixon as a returner.

Comment

i think marshall was drafted for the offensive side of the ball.

but i think i read somewhere that hixon had a 111 tackle season (only 1 pick though) as a safety. he's got decent size and good speed for the position. i think he may have been drafted as much for the return game as for his recieving prowess, so with the numbers currently at WR, i wouldnt be shocked to see him get a look at S.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            I think they're going to use Hixon as a returner.
            I think Hixon is either going to be on the practice squad or cut. There are 9 WRs and I have no idea what Shanahan is thinking. It just seems a wasted pick.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
              I think Hixon is either going to be on the practice squad or cut. There are 9 WRs and I have no idea what Shanahan is thinking. It just seems a wasted pick.
              Well, it's really not up to either of us is it?

Hixon has size (6'3", 200 lbs), speed (4.36), production, a physical nature, and raw ability. They obviously saw something they liked...

Comment

I believe hixon was drafted for our ST play. He's a pretty fast return man

Comment

I don't agree with the pick, except we won't have to risk Darrent returning kicks if Hixon pans out. Our coaches either have no confidence in Adams, Devoe, and Terrell + expect Lelie to be traded, or have other things in mind for one of them possibly on D.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                    I believe hixon was drafted for our ST play. He's a pretty fast return man

ya, he looks like the kind of kid who can return kicks and play gunner on coverage teams. guys like that are never a bad thing to have on a team.
                    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I was playing Madden the other day and I drafted a Safety named Hixon for the Broncs!

Its a sign!

Comment

I don't have any idea who Hixon is, can someone post somethig on him?
                        (I know he's a big WR that ran 4.36 and is like 6'3 200, so any other info will be appreciated)
                        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                          with them bringing in hermdinger and cutler.. look for denver to use more three and fou reciever sets
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X