we got ESLINGER, SWEET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we got ESLINGER, SWEET!

yay! we got the next center for the denver line. what a draft had! id give it an A-.

North Dakota representing!! Thanks Denver for drafting this kid. He's an excellent center. I've said before he's built just like Nalen, could see this kid being Denver's next bigtime center. But i'm probably being alittle bias with him coming from same hometown.

Comment

Isn't Ben Hamilton scheduled to move to center when Nalen moves on?

Comment

Originally posted by Britrock
        Isn't Ben Hamilton scheduled to move to center when Nalen moves on?

was eslinger will be the broncos next great center. coming out of collage hes the best minnesota center ever that includes ben this kid is nasty mean in the zone blocking

Comment

i just heard the broncos system is a perfect fit for him because of the way he played in college and the way his scheme use to be
          lets go team

Comment

We've got a good future...great potential in the core with Eslinger, Hamilton, Carlisle, Kuper and Myers. And Carlisle can play T too.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Yea this kid is for sure the steal of the 2006 NFL Draft. He is stud and is a perfect replacement for Nalen when he retires.
              Sports303: The world of sports, straight from the 303.
              http://www.sports303.com/
              sigpic

Comment

I'm glad we got him because he can be our future Center and provide some very good depth until then.
                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Winner of the Outland trophy for best O lineman

I was very pleased with this pick! I would have loved to have seen his Minnesota counterpart at Guard, Mark Setterstrom, fall out of the draft where we could have picked him up as a free agent, but St. Louis nabbed him in the 7th.

But I like this Chris Kuper kid as well.

Comment

Just to recap what everyone else has said...

This guy looks like a perfect fit for the Broncos... From the Rocky Mountain News

6-3 1/8, 292

Eslinger won both the Outland and Rimington Awards this past season as both the nation's best interior lineman as well as best center.

The Gophers' running game may be the closest to the Broncos zone attack at the college level. Eslinger was a four-year starter who did not miss a game.

Plays snap to whistle and moves well enough to get out to the second level.

Didn't fit some teams needs because he isn't the biggest guy on the board, but he fits the Broncos system.

Though he was a four-year starter and won two of the nation's biggest college football awards, Minnesota was the only school to offer him a scholarship coming out of Bismarck (N.D.) High School.

Comment

Greg Eslinger was a steal.
                      MMA News
                      MMA News 247

Comment

I agree with all, the guy was an absolute no brainer in the 6th round....I was wondering why we were not picking in the 4th, but hey, good things come to those who wait...This was Ben Hamilton's replacement for the Gophers, was'nt it?

Comment

Originally posted by FIELDY
                          I agree with all, the guy was an absolute no brainer in the 6th round....I was wondering why we were not picking in the 4th, but hey, good things come to those who wait...This was Ben Hamilton's replacement for the Gophers, was'nt it?

yes he was and he was better then Hamilton. he will be the broncos next gr8 center

Comment

I think I had Denver drafting this guy a lot higher, I couldn't believe he fell as far as he did, but either way, I am very happy Denver got him.
                            God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                            X