Victor Adeyanju?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Adeyanju?

I think we made a mistake by not making a move to get this guy. I bet he'll be a better DE than Dumervil, and he wasn't drafted that much ahead of him.

so you would rather have us trade up....mayb usin our sixth pick for sum1 that u like......then we wouldnt be able to have the beast of a center that we have. that sounds stupid
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
      so you would rather have us trade up....mayb usin our sixth pick for sum1 that u like......then we wouldnt be able to have the beast of a center that we have. that sounds stupid
      DE is serious need right now... center isn't. Not drafting a player who could be the missing piece to a Super Bowl... THAT sounds stupid.

Dumervil was one hell of a college player, but he's also small and not very strong, so his game may not translate to the NFL. Adeyanju is just as fast, but is also bigger and stronger. He's a much better bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&BlueHeat
        DE is serious need right now... center isn't. Not drafting a player who could be the missing piece to a Super Bowl... THAT sounds stupid.

Dumervil was one hell of a college player, but he's also small and not very strong, so his game may not translate to the NFL. Adeyanju is just as fast, but is also bigger and stronger. He's a much better bet.

how can center not be a need....it was a steal to get eslinger in the 6th round when sum people consider him the best center comin out of college.....and when nalen is gettin old and he has the same frame as nalen it would be stupid not to get him......please read up your facts before posting again
        "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

how can center not be a need....it was a steal to get eslinger in the 6th round when sum people consider him the best center comin out of college.....and when nalen is gettin old and he has the same frame as nalen it would be stupid not to get him......please read up your facts before posting again
          Nalen likely has a few years left. Even if he retired tomorrow, Hamilton could step in to fill the void, just as he has when Nalen has gotten hurt. Myers will be ready soon as well. We also drafted Kuper. That's 4 guys who can play center either right now or in the near future. Compare that to the amount of pass rushing DEs we have, and even you should be able to see where our weakness is.

There were a lot of people who didn't consider Eslinger to be anywhere close to the best center in college. Many scouts felt that he relied very heavily on his athleticism while possessing limited talent. Why do you think he fell so far in the draft? Does that mean he won't be a good lineman for us? Of course not. He's small, quick, fast, and athletic, which means that he fits into out scheme perfectly. However, if the criticisms of him are true, he will need substancial grooming, which means it could be some time before he's ready to play, which isn't uncommon with our O lineman. What kind of sense does it make to draft a project at OL over a DE who is ready to contribute now and could be the missing piece in the Super Bowl equation?

Please read up ON your facts before posting again.

It's bad enough that I have to be your football tutor. Don't make me be your English tutor as well. :wave:
          Last edited by Orange&BlueHeat; 04-30-2006, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Center is a serious need because Nalen will be gone soon and Eslinger is perfect for us. Dumervil may be a bit small but if you can lead the big east in sacks you are doing somthing right.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
              I liked Adeyanju, but Dumervil could turn out better you expect. He's small, but he does actually have pretty good strength for a guy his size. He'll never be an every-down player, but with his athleticism he could be the sub-package pass-rusher we're looking for. Neither he nor Adeyanju was anywhere near a sure thing, and frankly I'm just happy that Shanahan drafted an end at all, so I'd rather have Dumervil and Eslinger than just Adeyanju. The Eslinger pick could mean that we'll never have to move Hamilton away from guard, where he's considered to be one of the best in the league.
              No doubt Dumervil has mad skills, but his size is a serious question mark. Dwight freeney notwithstanding, DEs that small tend not to make it in the NFL. That's why I consider Adeyanju to be a much better prospect, and why I'd take him over Dumervil and Eslinger.

We wouldn't have to move Hamilton from guard, anyway. Myers or Kuper could play center, or we could just get someone else. It's not like Shanny has trouble finding offensive linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
                Center is a serious need because Nalen will be gone soon and Eslinger is perfect for us. Dumervil may be a bit small but if you can lead the big east in sacks you are doing somthing right.
                I've answered both these questions in other posts.

To sum it up: We have a whole cluster of guys who can play center. Dumervil is undersized for an NFL DE. Getting it done in college is one thing; getting it done at the next level is quite another. There have literally been thousands of players who lead their respective conferences in some category and then went on to do jack in the NFL.

Comment

I've answered both these questions in other posts.

To sum it up: We have a whole cluster of guys who can play center. Dumervil is undersized for an NFL DE. Getting it done in college is one thing; getting it done at the next level is quite another. There have literally been thousands of players who lead their respective conferences in some category and then went on to do jack in the NFL.

is chris myers proven......no he isnt.....hamilton is a better guard than center so he will play guard until he retires.....the lineman kuper is a guard not a center!!! Ok so you check up on your facts and do u kno how much people make fun of me for my spellin...no u dont so shut the hell up

Comment

we needed a center and he was the answer....... he is like a clone of nalen

Comment

is chris myers proven......no he isnt.....hamilton is a better guard than center so he will play guard until he retires.....the lineman kuper is a guard not a center!!! Ok so you check up on your facts and do u kno how much people make fun of me for my spellin...no u dont so shut the hell up
                      Is Eslinger proven? No, he isn't. So there's no concrete reason to think he'll be any better than Myers. Hamilton has played center before and did just fine. He can play it again if need be. Kuper could play center as well. Players switch btw guard and center all the time, it's not hard. If you don't get that you're dumber than I thought you were... which is difficult considering your myriad of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors throughout your posts. My facts were always correct... you just don't know enough about football to realize it.

Comment

Since when is size so important? Sweeney isn't exactly a giant.

Dummervil is said to own THE BEST moves of any of them.

I'll go by what THEY say.
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Nalen likely has a few years left. Even if he retired tomorrow, Hamilton could step in to fill the void, just as he has when Nalen has gotten hurt. Myers will be ready soon as well. We also drafted Kuper. That's 4 guys who can play center either right now or in the near future. Compare that to the amount of pass rushing DEs we have, and even you should be able to see where our weakness is.

There were a lot of people who didn't consider Eslinger to be anywhere close to the best center in college. Many scouts felt that he relied very heavily on his athleticism while possessing limited talent. Why do you think he fell so far in the draft? Does that mean he won't be a good lineman for us? Of course not. He's small, quick, fast, and athletic, which means that he fits into out scheme perfectly. However, if the criticisms of him are true, he will need substancial grooming, which means it could be some time before he's ready to play, which isn't uncommon with our O lineman. What kind of sense does it make to draft a project at OL over a DE who is ready to contribute now and could be the missing piece in the Super Bowl equation?

Please read up ON your facts before posting again.

It's bad enough that I have to be your football tutor. Don't make me be your English tutor as well. :wave:
                          Just because he was projected to be good for either denver or kc, doesn't mean he's any less of a player than the lot of them.

There's a reason denver's Oline doesn't consist of very many high draft picks.......
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Is Eslinger proven? No, he isn't. So there's no concrete reason to think he'll be any better than Myers. Hamilton has played center before and did just fine. He can play it again if need be. Kuper could play center as well. Players switch btw guard and center all the time, it's not hard. If you don't get that you're dumber than I thought you were... which is difficult considering your myriad of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors throughout your posts. My facts were always correct... you just don't know enough about football to realize it.
                            Sorry to disappoint, but switching to center on a whim is NOT as easy as you think!

The center is responsible for calling out all of the assignments before the play.
                            That's not something you learn by watching.

And you might want to watch your namecalling, and your rudeness.

Unless you're a 1wk troll, then, carryon........
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I think we made a mistake by not making a move to get this guy. I bet he'll be a better DE than Dumervil, and he wasn't drafted that much ahead of him.

If he was drafted ahead: then he was gone...

Oh well
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X