No announcement yet.

Draft for the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All drafts are for the future. Teams that draft rookies and have to play them at key positions are usually losing teams and they don't expect to win because of those rookies. It is dumb to think that we would have drafted any rookie and they would have taken us over the top this year and been the reason for a superbowl. I just had to say this since I keep seeing throughout these boards that the draft was bad because we are a couple pieces away from a superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
      All drafts are for the future. Teams that draft rookies and have to play them at key positions are usually losing teams and they don't expect to win because of those rookies. It is dumb to think that we would have drafted any rookie and they would have taken us over the top this year and been the reason for a superbowl. I just had to say this since I keep seeing throughout these boards that the draft was bad because we are a couple pieces away from a superbowl.
      While I agree w/you, jhns, that rookies at the skill positions (QB, RB, WR) are usually doubtful to contribute in their first year, I still feel D-linemen could contribute right away. Obviously, Houston is banking on it (Mario Williams). So is Baltimore (Haloti Ngata).

Comment

Our playbook is very hard to learn especially on offense. Thats why a lot of our rookie on offense expect for our running backs dont contribute right away. The reason I think that our rookie wide receivers will be with us is because of this, Lilie is wanting out and if we don't trade him he's gone at the end of the season, Smith is still producing but for how much longer? Also Walker is coming off the ACL injury. But there is the real reason why I think they will stay on the roster for years to come is because Marshall, Hixon, and Sheffler will build a bond with Cutler. They will be on the scout team together and Cutler will find rhythm with each receiver. You take rhythm from pracitice and put it to use on feild and you have Peyton Manning and his receivers playing catch.

Oh something on Marshall. I go to high school and i'm on the varsity football team and today we had some UCF coaches come watch us work out and pracitice and me and one of the coaches got to talking about Marshall. To make a long conversation short he said that Marshall was one of the best players he ever got to coach on and off the field. He also said that he had freak like talent.

Comment

eslinger at center

why do some of you really want hamilton at center?? he's a pretty good guard. on the offensive lines, typically the priorities are 1) left tackle 2) right tackle 3) guards 4) center. eslinger has played in a similar zone system for years, won the award for lineman of the year in college football. HE IS NALEN'S REPLACEMENT. nalen is and has been a great center, but he's getting up there in years, and will begin to drop off. eslinger will be a great backup for a year or two until nalen retires, and then he'll step in and we won't miss a beat. i think it would be a really bad idea to move hamilton to center when nalen retires, especailly when we have seemingly the ultimate replacement for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
            Thank you very much. I am so sick of this Jay Cutler better than Jake bull5hit, selecting for cutler, Cutler this cutler that. Jake is our man and The QB to take us into the future.
            probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenis7
              While I agree w/you, jhns, that rookies at the skill positions (QB, RB, WR) are usually doubtful to contribute in their first year, I still feel D-linemen could contribute right away. Obviously, Houston is banking on it (Mario Williams). So is Baltimore (Haloti Ngata).
              This is only partially correct. WRs and QBs usually struggle the first year but RB and TE are two of the easier transition positions. They are both skill positions and those players typically contribute faster. Last year Ronnie Brown and Cadillac both made a huge impact. Over the years look at the rookie RBs that have made a difference for us. There are several other examples as well. The downside for RBs is that their career is typically shorter than most positions.

DT is generally one of the slower transition positions and most don't contribute much the first year. There are exceptions but 2 and 3 years ago there were alot of DTs drafted and most of them are just starting to blossom. Most didn't make a huge impact their first year.

Comment

He Is Nalen's Replacement.

Are you aware of which school Hamilton came out of? Do you remember who replaced Nalen at center when he was injured two years ago? Hamilton is an excellent center and has proven his ability at the NFL level of competition. Until Eslinger shows that he is better than Hamilton at the center position, Hamilton is the scheduled replacement for Nalen. The interior O-Linemen depth for the Broncos is looking good after this draft. Myers, Hamilton, and Eslinger are all skilled at the center position. All have called the assignments for the O-Line. When Hamilton played in the NFL Europe, several of the coaches around the league said that he was the best O-Lineman that had ever played in the league. For your information, Hamilton came out of the same school, Minnesota, and zone-blocking system as Eslinger. Competition and the coaches will make the decision in a year or two. The nice thing about it is that either choice will probably work well.

Comment

Working...
                X