Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft is over, what's your favorite part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick 12 to 36. The suspense of Chad Jackson actually falling to 37 was intense. I think I broke a sweat when Pitt traded up and then again when NYG was on the clock at 32.

Comment

Originally posted by West
      Pick 12 to 36. The suspense of Chad Jackson actually falling to 37 was intense. I think I broke a sweat when Pitt traded up and then again when NYG was on the clock at 32.
      That had me in complete anxiety too waiting to see if he would drop. I couldn't believe he fell into the second. My heart just broke when the Pats traded up and got him the pick before us. If we could have gotten Jackson in round 2 that would have been awesome.
      Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
        That had me in complete anxiety too waiting to see if he would drop. I couldn't believe he fell into the second. My heart just broke when the Pats traded up and got him the pick before us. If we could have gotten Jackson in round 2 that would have been awesome.
        I would have been willing to bet that if Jackson fell 37, we wouldn't have traded for Javon.

Comment

My favorite part was the early second round drama. I was nervous watching Green Bay trade away #36. I was thinking "what is going on"? Then, when I saw our horsehead change into a Green Bay "G" I knew we'd pulled off the trade for Walker and I was elated! Then I got scared that we'd sold the farm for him but when I saw all it took was one #2 pick, I was ecstatic!

I was also very happy with the Brandon Marshall selection. Like Perry, I've been hoping for us to take this guy!

Comment

When the Broncos logo replaced the St. Louis Rams and Tag came up to the podium and said...

"With the 11th selection in the 2006 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select Jay Cutler, Quarterback from Vanderbilt."

I've been waiting awhile for the Broncos to finally get someone to replace Plummer.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
              my favourite part of the draft was the 30 or so seconds when i was absolutely convinced that we were going to take ngata or bunkley at 11.
              dito... then darkness fell...

Comment

I can't decide between getting Cutler or Marshall. I think I'm most excited about Marshall. Ever since the Hawaii Bowl I have been enamored with him. He is going to put a big foot up the ass of AFC West secondaries for a long time.

I was actually not that hyped about Walker. Drafting rooks is more fun...but Walker was the smartest thing to do by far. I guess it was jsut sort of anti-climatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                  I can't decide between getting Cutler or Marshall. I think I'm most excited about Marshall. Ever since the Hawaii Bowl I have been enamored with him. He is going to put a big foot up the ass of AFC West secondaries for a long time.

I was actually not that hyped about Walker. Drafting rooks is more fun...but Walker was the smartest thing to do by far. I guess it was jsut sort of anti-climatic.
                  Anti-climatic? You shoulda seen me when the our little logo thingy changed to Green Bay. I was flippin' out!

Comment

The Cutler trade, Javon Walker, Elvis, and Brandon Marshall(a.k.a) Baby T.O not TO the baby.

Comment

I loved the draft.

Seeing Broncos trade up.

Javon walker trade.

Say whos scheffler??? on top of my lungs (im happy with it)

Brandon marshell

And our still at DE/LB and OL

(maybe only thing was hixon that I was not excited about)

Comment

For this year, I was most excited about Walker, and Marshall,...

For the future, I was going nuts over the prospects of Cutler, and Eslinger.

The way I see it, Cutler and Eslinger spend this next season developing tremendous chemistry between Center and QB, and then when they finally get their chance to step in, it will be easier for both, because the Center/QB dynamic will already be in place.
                        God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

My favorite part is after its all said and done and we can all argue about who is the second coming of ___________ fill in the blank.......

Comment

Eslinger was the best pick we made in my mind. Centers and guards always get shafted when it comes to draft position. You can almost always get top rate prospects for almost nothing in drafts it seems. There was something like 3 centers taken when our 6th round pick came up. And 2 of those 3 guys taken before we took Eslinger are more like center/guard tweener guys. I never quite understood why more teams done take advantage of this trend and build strong interior olines for low value picks. Teams seem to be willing to take the 24th cb or 28th wr in the draft then the 2nd best center or the 3rd best guard is available. Good to see us steal Eslinger right when Nalen is coming to the end of his run. Talk about fate. By favorite part? Ending the draft off by stealing a top rate center prospect for absolutly nothin. Cant end a draft any better then that...

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Kill Logic
                              When it ended.
                              I agree 100% But getting javon was a great thing.
                              SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftBlackNinja
                                When the Broncos logo replaced the St. Louis Rams and Tag came up to the podium and said...

"With the 11th selection in the 2006 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select Jay Cutler, Quarterback from Vanderbilt."

I've been waiting awhile for the Broncos to finally get someone to replace Plummer.
                                I only have one thing to say about that comment..........SIT AND SPIN t('.')t
                                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X